Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 23:49   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
i'm surprised to NOT see the ikon mentioned in this list. does anyone know of any options for upgrading ikon brakes? any good brake pads out there that will do the job? i have a 1.6 and even though it's running stock it's a bit scary when i have to brake hard.... just not enough bite sometimes.
Hey man at least 2 months back , no EBC option available for the car , but you should ask your city boys man.
Old 6th June 2008, 02:21   #62
BHPian

update .. just got my EBC greens .
Getting them installed tomorrow along with my new Exedy Sport Tuff Clutch and some more stuff.. proper review coming soon. here are some pics guys
Attached Thumbnails
Improving your car's brakes: Options and costs-dsc01016.jpg  

Improving your car's brakes: Options and costs-dsc01021.jpg  

Improving your car's brakes: Options and costs-dsc01017.jpg  

Improving your car's brakes: Options and costs-dsc01018.jpg  

Improving your car's brakes: Options and costs-dsc01019.jpg  

Improving your car's brakes: Options and costs-dsc01020.jpg  

Old 13th July 2008, 10:04   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
...Assuming car has no ABS.
Most cars will lock wheels when brake hard.
When brakes are improved/upgraded. Cars will lock wheels even more efficiently....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Well kay, it does not help.
What it helps in when you are on a track or driving downhill through hairpin turns.
Stock brakes will fade quickly and you will lose braking much sooner, than in upgraded brakes which are better ventilated.
So unless you are going to have a track like situation in your normal driving, all these upgraded brakes will do is give you bragging rights.
This is incorrect TSK.

Even though most cars will lock their wheels at speed even with normal pads - getting better quality pads can greatly improve the braking time and distance required to stop the car.

A lot of factors contribute to how good your pads are. How linear the curve is for their co-efficient of friction (in other words, how much more braking you will be able to get out of the pad on the way to, and @ just before lockup - which is just where you want to be), how they behave at different temperatures etc. Good aftermarket pads definitely have the advantage over OEM pads in these areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
Getting them installed tomorrow along with my new Exedy Sport Tuff Clutch and some more stuff.. proper review coming soon. here are some pics guys
Can we have a quick review please? Did you notice a difference? For better or worse?

cya
R
Old 13th July 2008, 20:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Can we have a quick review please? Did you notice a difference? For better or worse?
Would be surprised if it was for the worse!! Those pads are awesome. Fitted them on my Lancer and it improved the braking enormously! The only thing about them - they stink (literally!). I had kept them in the backseat overnight, and in the morning I could hardly sit in the car!! Excellent brakes, but remember to keep them in a sealed packet or something prior to installation.. lol!
Old 13th July 2008, 21:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

BRAKES are the single most important upgrade one needs if one is modding a car beyond a point.

When stock brakes are used that's fine but just ensure you have stopping power to match your engine.

We don't think twice before installing an audio / body kit for $$$$$, but when it comes to brakes, we suddenly run out of money. "Brakes to theek hain" Match them to the car's performance or better.

That is my two bits on the subject. SO GUYS SAFETY FIRST !!!!

Cheers
Old 18th November 2008, 16:00   #66
BHPian

Any reviews on the EBC yet??
Old 21st November 2008, 03:28   #67

how about FORD ikon?? is it available for the older endura versions considering theyve got a pretty bad breaking capability !!! i just got all my brakes replaced recently and under hard braking it still couldnt stop the car.
Old 22nd November 2008, 17:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Are these EBC brakes available for Getz CRDi?
I am in need of these brakes. What will be the cost? and where to buy them?
Old 7th February 2009, 17:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Are these EBC brakes available for Getz CRDi?
I am in need of these brakes. What will be the cost? and where to buy them?
Count me in. I need them too for my Getz CRDi.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:55   #70
BHPian

how to improve braking on my OHC

will changing the pads do it?

if yes which pad should i go in for?

Last edited by ~ H O N D A ~ : 12th February 2009 at 11:57.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~ View Post
how to improve braking on my OHC

will changing the pads do it?

if yes which pad should i go in for?

Hi Honda
You do get EBC brake pads for OHC.
Contact Ananat - N1 Engineering for the same.

Rgds
Old 21st May 2009, 20:45   #72
BHPian

Any particular make of brake pads that help in reducing the brake dust ? My wheels have to get scrubbed everyday now, dammit.
Old 21st May 2009, 21:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
Dear sir these EBC Pads available for HONDA ACCORD 2.4 because after seeing them I am tempted too to replace mine set also , also please let me know the price.
Old 21st May 2009, 22:08   #74
BHPian

oops, Seems nobody drives a Santro with good brakes ?

Anyway My Brake pads on 3 years old santro seems to have done enough braking, Now its a time for change.

What options are available and cost please.

If i remember correctly someone(might be on BadBoyClad's ) Alto i see a very prominently visible brake pads, what are those, are such pads are available for Santro, and whats the cost.
Old 21st May 2009, 22:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
This is incorrect TSK.

Even though most cars will lock their wheels at speed even with normal pads - getting better quality pads can greatly improve the braking time and distance required to stop the car.

A lot of factors contribute to how good your pads are. How linear the curve is for their co-efficient of friction (in other words, how much more braking you will be able to get out of the pad on the way to, and @ just before lockup - which is just where you want to be), how they behave at different temperatures etc. Good aftermarket pads definitely have the advantage over OEM pads in these areas.

cya
R
Dear REHAAN, I am going slightly away from the topic which is covering DISK BRAKES. Iwould like to share my experience with you all. One of my vehicles is a Maruti OMINI 2005 model. I was fed up of poor performance of brakes, at times dangerouse. Allways as usual I would replace the moulded brake liners with new set for all four wheels and within few days brakes would start to fade and required adjustments. I got hold of a new set of AMBASSADOR brake liners from shop along with a small pouch of alluminium rivets, I removed my existing bonded mouldedliners fixed the AMBASSADOR liners on it by drilling holes in the metal shoes and fixing the liners by rivets finally fixing it. The massive improvement in performance was unbeleivable. Brakes were just unbeleivable and powerful.I have used it for almost 12000kms after fixing without a single time adjustment. Once I just opened them on a sunday and seeing them in perfect order, just cleaned them with water and soap and fixed the wheel. [It is best to clean the brake liners ,back plate,drum and area around wheel cylinder with water and soap instead of using kerocene or diesel or petrol]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks