Team-BHP - Question Regarding Electronic Bucket Seats
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Question Regarding Electronic Bucket Seats (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/23970-question-regarding-electronic-bucket-seats.html)

Guys,

I was wondering if the following is possible and if it is then how would it work.

Bucket seats from donor car A which are power operated for moving front/back as well as the back rest and height adjustment. All controls are on the seat itself and not on the door panel.

Can these seats be fitted in a car which has manually operation and if yes will the power features of the donor seats work and how do they need to be connected..

Viper

PS there is no issue of installing the seats dimension wise.

I don't see why there should be a problem unless an external controller unit monitors the seat, maybe for airbag deployment, seatbelt usage, etc.

I suggest you first connect the seats to a power source without installing the seats in the vehicle to check if everything works.

Then install it & get the power cords connected right.
It should be as simple as plug & play.

hmm, if the motor and the controls are part of the seat itself then i don't see why they shouldn't work (dimensions aren't an issue as u say).
regd the installation, you can look up the technical manual of the donor car, or alternatively, have a chat with the donor car's workshop people (will help if you have connections, and i'm sure you do!).
i have a feeling the only things stock left in that VTEC when you're done with it are the chasis and the shell :))

Viper, we fixed power seats on a Bolero about a year ago. They were off a Mercedes and were huge comfy leather ones. Make sure you fit a relay and you'll have some really great seats with infinite adjustments. Looks very impressive too!!!

Thanks Guys,

Even I thought it was a very simple plug n play. Only problem is have not tried it out. Will be doing so today.

@Razor - Need to keep something stock na.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb (Post 435569)
Viper, we fixed power seats on a Bolero about a year ago. They were off a Mercedes and ...!!!

Could we do the same for scorpio?. How /where and whom do I contact ?. Please help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puthari (Post 481566)
Could we do the same for scorpio?. How /where and whom do I contact ?. Please help.

yep ist possible but alterations need to be done..... a friend of mine (small town politician) had bought a set of electric seats from chor bazaar and fitted it into his bolero first and then into scorpio when he sold the bolero....the seats leather ones and were originally from a Merc

u'll have to source them from chor/juna bazaar...i guess any reputed car body work mechanic in ur town can do the fitting

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss (Post 481725)
u'll have to source them from chor/juna bazaar...i guess any reputed car body work mechanic in ur town can do the fitting

THANKS!
I live in B'lore - any showroom / place where they sell Merc seats - I dont mind driving to Coimbatore and getting it installed/buy.

If you ever decide to install powered seats in your scorpio and do so, then would be interested to know details in terms of costs involved and the mechanicals involved..

Quote:

Originally Posted by puthari (Post 482682)
THANKS!
I live in B'lore - any showroom / place where they sell Merc seats - I dont mind driving to Coimbatore and getting it installed/buy.

The seats cost us Rs 9500 for a pair from Mumbai. My partner who has an auto store picked up about 7 pairs of bucket seats, out of which these were the only power operated ones. For just the power seats the seller had asked for 14K. It cost us about 1.5K to fix the seats and the electrician charged us 2K.

Reviving an old thread, but I want to know if this kind of a mod can be done in an Accord. I have bought a 2003 Accord which has a driver's seat which is electrically adjustable and the passenger seat which is manually adjustable. I want to know if I could fit an electrically adjustable seat in for the passenger as well.

What would be the best way to procure the seat? What would be the modifications to the car, and what would be the reliability of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 3596189)
What would be the best way to procure the seat? What would be the modifications to the car, and what would be the reliability of it?

Thanks for reviving this old thread, Honeybee. Seems to me that there should be plenty of Team BHP-ians out there who'd like to install electric seats, as it appears to be a fairly straightforward mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss (Post 481725)
yep ist possible but alterations need to be done

Zakaaaaasss, what are the kind of alterations that need to be done? I'm assuming that some fabrication of a frame would be involved, to make sure the seat can be bolted down to the floor?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb (Post 483003)
For just the power seats the seller had asked for 14K. It cost us about 1.5K to fix the seats and the electrician charged us 2K.

Jyobeb, would you have any recommendations for a pair of electrically adjustable seats (driver and front passenger)? Specifically, which make / model of car seat offers electronic controls for both the driver and front passenger while also being comfortable as well as compact (thus making it easier to fit into most cars, including smaller rides such as hatchbacks)

clap: