Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 22:34   #16
BHPian

Re: My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods

I suggest you to go for a Wrangler like LED Headlamp set up and please consider removing the flash lights. It's not ethical and also wont give a good image for the THAR.
₹itzylove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 01:49   #17
BHPian

Reminds me of a quote:
You buy a Thar for 8 lakhs and then spend 10 lakhs to modify it to your tastes!!
aashishnb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 12:51   #18
BHPian

Some of these are very tastefully done but very honestly the police like flashers are very crude Imo.

As others have pointed out, it is blatantly illegal

https://vikaspedia.in/social-welfare...the%20multi%2D

If not in the name of legality, at least in the name of taste please consider removing it
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 13:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkeerat Singh View Post

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MORE THAN WELCOME!
Do take a look at these images, sourced from an instagram page. An upgrade to off-road bumpers(must if you really put the Thar to it's true use), new set of off road tyres and the obviously Wrangler style headlamps would take your ride to new levels.

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-img_0555.jpg

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-img_0554.jpg
sub.g84 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 17:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub.g84 View Post
Do take a look at these images, sourced from an instagram page. An upgrade to off-road bumpers(must if you really put the Thar to it's true use), new set of off road tyres and the obviously Wrangler style headlamps would take your ride to new levels.

Attachment 2186614

Attachment 2186615
This Thar looks absolutely stunning. One drawback of these bumpers is that most of them are not airbag compatible.
fulcrum29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 20:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I must say that you’ve got a really keen eye! The Sierra happens to be my dad’s project car. I’d surely post about it in detail sometime soon

Yes, indeed! It has been in our family for over 2 decades now. A couple of years back we took upon restoring it and today we stand very close to what we had expected. I’ll share a detailed write up as soon as we’re done!
Would love to see the write-up on Sierra!
It's of a different era- Contessa, Sierra, MM540, RD 350...Sadly not for NCR, maybe some lucky guys down south can own and drive freely.
OPMaurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 04:35   #22
BHPian

These red and blue flashers are a menace specially up north in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar-Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi NCR and Himachal, I don’t know about the other states in the country but won’t be surprised if the situation is the same everywhere.

People having these lights usually also have an emergency vehicle siren fitted as well and they use it freely on the highways to get the traffic to move over for them quicker, to jump red lights in cities or to move through traffic quicker by fooling people in believing that an actual emergency vehicle is stuck behind them. They have no regard for any law and order, I absolutely hate these people. This has become so bad that actual emergency vehicles get stuck because people think its one of these guys just trying to get through.

Also these flashers, just like those stupid LED light bars, are usually every bright and cause a lot of trouble during nights or rains with glare in the mirrors or while coming from the on coming lane. As if people driving with high beams on all the time was not enough this trend of illegal flashers is catching up.

I would humbly request the OP to rethink this addition to their vehicle and be a responsible road user.
Mr.U is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 09:22   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.U View Post
I would humbly request the OP to rethink this addition to their vehicle and be a responsible road user.
Hey! I’d never use them on public roads (enjoy them only on my farmhouse) plus as of now, after listening to fellow BHPians, I’ve got them disconnected.
Gurkeerat Singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 15:14   #24
BHPian

Excellent choice with the Thar and with the mods so far sans the blue and red lights! I would suggest you to use the truck and plan the mods gradually which are more practical as and when you tend to feel the need and not overload it with all sorts of stuff and not be able to use much. Cheers Happy miles!
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:28   #25
MSC
BHPian

The blue red flasher is a menace. Faking an identity to be a so called VVIP or an emergency services vehicle, is nothing but illegal as well as immoral. Just flashing light to get a clear way is simply stupidity. As commented by a member earlier, this is a menace in northern states where these fake VVIPs expect a way ahead even in a traffic jam.
There are even instances this tourist season where these fakers have made life hell for commoners as well argued with police.
Even if you belong to emergency services, you still are not entitled for such flashers on private vehicles.
As stated in couple of posts above that the flashers are enjoyed at private farmhouse by owner, please enlighten me, who puts on flasher on a private property where they can be seen be no-one? Its just a way to intimidate people on road, with a sole intention of getting a priority passage and get a VVIP treatment.

Request the Mods to remove the flasher picture. This sends a wrong message.

Last edited by MSC : 3rd August 2021 at 14:36.
MSC is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 04:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Mate, are you over 18? If you're not (from your post and your birthday), then your blue/red lights are the least of your legal problems.
v1p3r is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 00:21   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
As stated in couple of posts above that the flashers are enjoyed at private farmhouse by owner, please enlighten me, who puts on flasher on a private property where they can be seen be no-one?
Well, I do. There are a lot more people there than what you seem to have conjured. Here you go, you’ve been enlightened! (excuse the sarcasm but you’ve taken a different route altogether, the intentions were never to imitate “fake VVIPs”. Try being more polite when you type a message next time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Mate, are you over 18? If you're not (from your post and your birthday), then your blue/red lights are the least of your legal problems.
Hi there, I’m gonna turn 19 next month. The car was decided upon a few months after I turned legal and owing to the second wave, got it after all the restrictions were lifted. (I started writing the post during the deciding phase itself and that is where I believe the confusion lies)
Gurkeerat Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 13:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi there, I’m gonna turn 19 next month. The car was decided upon a few months after I turned legal and owing to the second wave, got it after all the restrictions were lifted. (I started writing the post during the deciding phase itself and that is where I believe the confusion lies)
Ah, fair enough. Then I'll just be jealous of you! Congratulations on the acquisition - I assume your father's longstanding TBHP reading had a significant role to play.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 22:32   #29
BHPian

The Front Grill change to a Wrangler like grill could be a DIY job with the correct tool kit? Is it plausible?

If only I could see the front bumper removal and Grill removal steps in details, I would surely try a DIY front Grill change to a Wrangler styled one, once I take delivery of my Thar.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 22:51   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
The Front Grill change to a Wrangler like grill could be a DIY job with the correct tool kit? Is it plausible?
Hi there! I didn’t do it myself but saw the entire process and I believe you can easily install the grille with the correct toolset. You can send a PM to me whenever you get your beast delivered, i’ll share all of the pictures I took during the installation.
Gurkeerat Singh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks