Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 09:40   #31
BHPian

Re: My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkeerat Singh View Post
Hi there! I didn’t do it myself but saw the entire process and I believe you can easily install the grille with the correct toolset. You can send a PM to me whenever you get your beast delivered, i’ll share all of the pictures I took during the installation.
Thanks.
I would surely try for a DIY installation. And by the time, my Thar gets delivered, I would be able to PM other BHPians I guess.

Any Headlight upgrade planned? In my case, all I plan to change on my Thar is the Front Grill and also planning for some Underbody Protection specially for the Radiator.
dr_TJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:21   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Any Headlight upgrade planned?.
I’ve got 125W bulbs from Osram with relay. I talked to other owners who had installed the after market G-star/wrangler lookalike /Angel ring style headlamps and all the reviews were poor. Further, most of them added that the design looked great but the visibility was pathetic at the night.
Gurkeerat Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:50   #33
BHPian

Me too have heard mostly negative reviews of the aftermarket Headlights with the Ring DRLs. Instead, I would try to procure some H4 Morimoto LEDs. Circular DRLs can be again a DIY project with some side emitting LED strips.

Underbody protection is also a good place to think about I guess. Full underbody protection by Prad4x4 seems good orelse Mahindra's Radiator Guard is good enough.
My biggest problem here is no good FNG. I have been to many local Garages, only to find their work lacking finesse.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 23:20   #34
BHPian

Lovely mods, Gurkeerat. Anything planned for the audio upgrade?
Old 14th November 2021, 14:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, indeed! It has been in our family for over 2 decades now. A couple of years back we took upon restoring it and today we stand very close to what we had expected. I’ll share a detailed write up as soon as we’re done!
Hello Gurkeerat! Sorry for the off topic post, but I couldn’t find an option to PM you. Would you be able to give an indicative figure on how much did you spend on the Sierra restoration project? Even I have a similar car (Tata Estate) that has been lying abandoned with me for the past 10 years, and I am planning to do a full restoration on it. Also, how difficult is it to source parts? I guess the mechanical parts wouldn’t be that difficult to source because the Sumo has the same 483DL engine. But what about interior parts? Are they available?
Old 1st July 2022, 15:53   #36
BHPian

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

The Green 3M Tint on windows, is that legal? Also where can we get it done in Delhi/NCR? Any recommendations and estimate for the cost please. Thank you.
vellatechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:36   #37

A Brawny black jeep, Hellas on its bumper, my 8-year-old self would be proud!

Intro
Ever since I’ve gained consciousness, I’ve considered people with jeeps to be way cooler than anyone in the room (or on the road for that matter). Why? Well, I still can’t say for sure but I continue to firmly believe that.

Hi there, once again!

At the point of writing this, I’ve clocked just over 11k kms on my Thar. No major issues so far, minor ones? Yeah, in plenty; but tbh they’re way less than what I had expected out of the Thar so I’m at peace. There were a couple of rattles which had developed around 5k kms from the hardtop but we fixed them ourselves with some hard insulation bits placed between the hardtop and the roof shell. The wind noise is fine till say 90km/h and 110ish if you like your music loud. Anything over that and you’d be very uncomfortable. But again, high-speed driving was never meant to be Thar’s forte. The car held up brilliantly well in the rains, touch wood, no leaks so far.
Anyway, I won’t be writing a long-term review just yet so here’s a short list of stuff I’ve appended since the last post:

1. Hella fog lamps: couldn’t source the Rally 3000s, no one had them in stock plus their genuineness also became a concern because of the vastly varying quotes, hence decided to get these ones instead. This will come out to be quite silly but I vividly remember that all the snazzy jeeps I had seen as a child had some sort of Hella lights on their bumpers. Therefore, I too wanted them on my jeep whenever I’d get one, this was even before I knew they were lights

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-9e0330fa869b49eebf747023c110dc66.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-624fec7631b5407fb8d467f740c32808.jpeg

2. Exhaust light extension: the smoke coming out of the exhaust with this is supposed to appear coloured(red/blue option). Saw this attached to a GT-R on Instagram where it looked super cool, then sourced it from my guy.

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-6b325bd1a33841eebc56117e3bd8a942.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-8e0ad551aeab46c289fac9baeee8e881.jpeg

3. Under hood dampening: even though the engine is very refined, felt that it needed more insulation.

4. Hella Blackmagic with 55W Osram bulbs and a relay, these are so good that they make the headlights redundant on highways and while off-roading.

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-2f0a704a6d2f451e88e5abadf29ab54d.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-96e82b39c4fb4910a5fee6677c5b9cba.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-8e0bbb975bc24085af53522dcfff4151.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-da4356d610234f37a331265b892424d8.jpeg
Attachment 2328336
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-bc15135c90a54c2180a217b22ee82da0.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-a7a6c45ae8654ca592fa3d40e664cdf3.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-4701de17e4ac425bba3b517cc1a156ea.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-47bde8f72c5c4f0ebb2162868068aeb6.jpeg

5. AMG style AC vents with ambient lighting: by far one of the coolest mods I’ve done! These come with multiple colour options and even a DJ light thingy.

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-7a1947103ad64440bd72c016a8047eda.jpeg

6. Sport pedals: these are the MT XUV700 ones, fitted these easily on my own

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-e2357925fa5a484696e82bb6cae6ba07.jpeg

7. Frameless IRVM: this one looks better than the previous one. Also, the OEM puny IRVM could only show the specs of my spare, this one, on the other hand is quite useful. Not auto dimming but to be frank I’ve never been too much bothered with reflections so works for me

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-0a41bb67ac684fae8b83107566a04ee7.jpeg

8. Jet black tint on the sides and a chameleon film on the windshield: I’ll probably have to get it removed as soon as a cop pulls me over but till then I’ll enjoy it plus I only drive it within city and on roads with less check posts so I think it’s gonna be fine for sometime. After that, I’ll most certainly get the CR70 everywhere. Also, no problems with the visibility. You can literally not feel the chameleon from the inside even at night.

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-f1678619dced4738b22885837fee5fee.jpeg
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-8b36e288096c4ab5a856ff35eb339c47.jpeg

9. Bits from the dark lord pack, original M&M accessory, got these installed a scheduled check.

Mods I’m confused about
1. Dieseltronic
2. Aftermarket bumpers: they look really cool and are functional too but I’ve heard about how some of them might cause a problem in deploying airbags.
3. Fuel Contra alloys: again, love how they look but I think the already poor ride quality will take a big hit with these
Any and every input’s gonna be really welcome!

Miscellaneous pictures:

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-bf7f1e27609b478fb9ff22d4dfd98b93.jpeg

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-24838f539406420bb4cde65ca54eef47.jpeg

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-09f8c9e2afff492e85253acd5a867b31.jpeg

On a restricted road:

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-773d793a9cde455cb29c78fd8a077f4e.jpeg

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th July 2022 at 13:30. Reason: Formatted pictures.
Gurkeerat Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:55   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
Apologies for bumping an old thread.

The Green 3M Tint on windows, is that legal? Also where can we get it done in Delhi/NCR? Any recommendations and estimate for the cost please. Thank you.
I’ve driven in Delhi with the CR70 on and no one’s pulled me over till now. Carol bagh is the best for getting the tint on. Furthermore, try a Garware film with the same VLT, I’ve tried it on my other cars and the heat rejection is just phenomenal. To put things in perspective where we would normally have the AC at the maximum fan speed, after this it has come down to half of that. The heat rejection somehow feels even better than a jet black tint.
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
7. Frameless IRVM: this one looks better than the previous one.
Can you please share more details on this IRVM?
Which vehicle does it belong to and any modifications required to the existing IRVM mounting point?
Old 23rd August 2022, 18:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
Can you please share more details on this IRVM?
Which vehicle does it belong to and any modifications required to the existing IRVM mounting point?
OP, loop us in!
Meanwhile I'm looking for 80/90 VLT. I believe Lumar has an 80 film. Definitely want it done for the windshield and front windows. The sooner I do this, I can get rid of the fiddly magnetic shades.
Old 31st August 2023, 17:33   #41

Hey guys,
It's been a while and I've been procrastinating updating this thread. So here's a quick update on all the additions I've made to my Thar in the past few months.

1. 20 inch Plati alloys:
These single handedly upgrade the looks of the car by a mile. I initially thought of buying Fuel Contras but at a similar cost, these seemed better to my eyes plus the added benefit of ordering them straight from Plati's website was a relief as Karol Bagh is flooded with fake Contras.

2. Geolandars GO15 285/50/R20s: The road manners of this machine have gotten WAY better with this upgrade. The top speed had reduced and so has the pickup (marginally). However, the ride has become very planted and it's actually liveable now, I'd say very comfortable to cruise at 90-110. The best upgrade of all.

3. Wrangler JL bumper with fog lamps

4. Skid plate taped neon red

5. Wheel arch OEM cladding

6. Rooftop DRLs (these do not hamper the view of someone approaching you at all)

7. Jet black tints swapped for VLT 70 Garware Icecool tints: these have lovely UV insulation but I so miss the jet black ones.

8. Audio upgrade Maxxfit Thar pillar pod midrange speaker and tweeter:
The Thar now sounds better than any other car that we have. These speakers coupled with the base tube gives us ample base and midrange. The windows start vibrating~10 vol. Even though you wouldn't ever want this music system above say 40% of it's maximum volume, the sound is very clear even at level 30.

P.s. I'd be updating this thread more in a few days as some of the upgrades are still in process and need a more comprehensive writeup.

Here are a few pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-20230801_095447.jpg  

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-snapchat905936082.jpg  

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-snapchat356829706.jpg  

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-bereal202304030258.jpeg  

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-20230705_123920.jpg  

My Mahindra Thar LX MT | Aesthetic & Functional Mods-snapchat1352021792.jpg  

Gurkeerat Singh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 20:49   #42
ike
BHPian

Quote:
1. 20 inch Plati alloys:
These single handedly upgrade the looks of the car by a mile. I initially thought of buying Fuel Contras but at a similar cost, these seemed better to my eyes plus the added benefit of ordering them straight from Plati's website was a relief as Karol Bagh is flooded with fake Contras.
Don't the larger wheels take away the off road abilities of the car? I see this strange trend of OEMs supplying their SUVs with 18" or higher wheels.

BTW in earlier pics I counted 10 lights, looks like you are down to six now.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:45   #43

Looks great! Can you share any medium through which I can contact you directly such as an instagram id etc as I would like to message you directly. If it is within the regulations of the forum.
Old 14th September 2023, 17:20   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
BTW in earlier pics I counted 10 lights, looks like you are down to six now.
Haha yes, decided to get rid of the bottom 4 when installed the new bumper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks