Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 00:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post

but then, if your piece of xenos failed, why did u not go in for a replacement,... they would have happily replaced it, 'cause xenos is the only one that comes with a life-time full-unit replacement warranty in case of product malfunction. try asking that from autocop.
nope,i mean the security system as i forced to,was installed by the xenos appointed company technician.reading ur review,there is something problem with my piece or some problem down the labour.shall check it out soon.waah this is where the xenos advantage is..lifetime warranty and also the technician comes over to your place at a phone call (as said by the technician)
i referred the manual and it says the range of the remote gets reduced as battery weakens.so am thinkin of changin over to new battery in a remote n check again.personally i really like the design of teh remote as its quite small and also the keys are quite firm inorder to prevent accidental operation.
Old 20th May 2007, 09:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
nope,i mean the security system as i forced to,was installed by the xenos appointed company technician.reading ur review,there is something problem with my piece or some problem down the labour.shall check it out soon.waah this is where the xenos advantage is..lifetime warranty and also the technician comes over to your place at a phone call (as said by the technician)
i referred the manual and it says the range of the remote gets reduced as battery weakens.so am thinkin of changin over to new battery in a remote n check again.personally i really like the design of teh remote as its quite small and also the keys are quite firm inorder to prevent accidental operation.
@Hari_rama - The technicicans at gladiator used to come within 36 hours of calling. I really dont know whether you call that efficient or not but do the people at Xenos have the same response time? Also does anybody in Kolkata have an idea as to how efficient Xenos A.S.S. is ?
Old 20th May 2007, 16:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
HI guys i really need help on this a bit urgent , I had gladiator security system installed in my indica around 3.5 years back , the problem with it was that it used to sound on its own sometimes and had to be silenced via a remote ( this started happening after the warranty was over) .

Around 3 months ago( after warranty with autocop was over, and 3 years after install ) there was a break in and my HU got stolen , the durwan thinking it was false alarm again did not react !! Now I want to put a new central lock in my new swift but i dont know which one to go for , I am more interested in Xenos, Has any long term owner of Xenos faced this problem of false alarms ???

I am also open to other brands provided the above problems dont occur !!

Hi Nikunj,

Ive read through this forum and all i can say is that Xenos is the best Car Security Sysem made till date and he reason i can vouch for it is that ive used Autocop and Silicon before and must say that Autocop is better that Silicon anyday but ive had issues with both. I have installed Xenos FW 350 model which is the top of the line rage wtih shock sensor. It cost me 5500/- a year ago. The beauty of this system is that he shock sensor has 3 levels i.e. Low, medium and high and keeping the sensor on low is good enough. The system is also fool proof as it has a sensor to eliminate false alarms. Ive been using this system for the past one and a half year and have had absolutely no problems. Besides, it comes ith a life-time warranty so what more can you ask for in 5.5k??

Visi the website on Xenos Technologies Ltd.

Epic
Old 20th May 2007, 17:14   #19
BHPian

Which kit is the Hyundai using on the Verna series of cars?
Old 21st May 2007, 00:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

@gbpscars & viper...can you tell me how to lock my car with this damn thing in silence mode without waking up my neighbours ? the company folks couldn't, maybe you can help me.
Old 21st May 2007, 15:38   #21
BHPian

Hmmm I am starting to think to go for Xenos now , the lifetime warranty thing is very tempting !!
Old 21st May 2007, 18:30   #22
BHPian

Xenos is a better option.

Hellcat
Old 21st May 2007, 19:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
@gbpscars & viper...can you tell me how to lock my car with this damn thing in silence mode without waking up my neighbours ? the company folks couldn't, maybe you can help me.
you could have instead checked the damn manual?? yes?

well, let's cut the offence / defence

In true Team-BHP spirit here's my explanation,...
- on your handset (the key fob), press the centre * button and then Lock or Unlock for silent operation for either of it.

It is surprising though the company folks couldnt help this beginner level thing!!! The guy who came over to install my Xenos 350 firewall had key sequences for all the programing by-heart!!
Old 26th May 2007, 16:56   #24
BHPian

Swift Vxi - remote / security system

I am planning to buy a Swift Vxi. However, it does not come with integrated keyless entry as in the Zxi version. I believe the MGA from Nippon make is the one that fits into it without invalidating the warranty.

Now, I have two questions -

1) Is there any dealer (showroom or accessory shop) in Delhi that would fit the Nippon security system into the Vxi at a lesser price than the showroom? At the showroom, it costs Rs. 5546/-.

2) Now that Swift is being factory fitted with immobilizer (the iCATS system), is it worth to add a complete security system on the car? Is there any system that only has the remote by which the car can be locked/unlocked (since the anti-theft feature will be looked after by the immobilizer system)?

- KK.

Note from the Support Staff: Threads merged. Continue discussion here.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th May 2007 at 05:41. Reason: adding note.
Old 27th May 2007, 10:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
I am planning to buy a Swift Vxi. However, it does not come with integrated keyless entry as in the Zxi version. I believe the MGA from Nippon make is the one that fits into it without invalidating the warranty.

Now, I have two questions -

1) Is there any dealer (showroom or accessory shop) in Delhi that would fit the Nippon security system into the Vxi at a lesser price than the showroom? At the showroom, it costs Rs. 5546/-.

2) Now that Swift is being factory fitted with immobilizer (the iCATS system), is it worth to add a complete security system on the car? Is there any system that only has the remote by which the car can be locked/unlocked (since the anti-theft feature will be looked after by the immobilizer system)?

- KK.

Note from the Support Staff: Threads merged. Continue discussion here.
HI , KK welcome to the forum , its better to gor for MGA nippon from the dealer itself. For a few rupees less it does not make sense to go to a car accessory shop , I myself did not go for it as I found the one year warranty period to be too less .
Old 27th May 2007, 10:49   #26
BHPian

Hi all , i fitted Xenos Cental Lock in my car yesterday ,has lifetime warranty, however the Xenos fellow said there were only three years warranty on the motor , so I guess that is where the catch is.
Old 27th May 2007, 11:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all , i fitted Xenos Cental Lock in my car yesterday ,has lifetime warranty, however the Xenos fellow said there were only three years warranty on the motor , so I guess that is where the catch is.

Hi Nikunj,

Congrats on your new security system. Yes its a 3 year warranty on the motors. But where in the world would you get a lifetime warranty on mechanical parts?? So i don't see a catch anywhere. Anyway, i believe if your car originally came with a factory fitted centeral locking system, then you would require only one motor for the driver's door which would control the rest of the locks on the other doors. If not, then you would require one motor for each door.

Epic
Old 27th May 2007, 19:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
HI , KK welcome to the forum , its better to gor for MGA nippon from the dealer itself. For a few rupees less it does not make sense to go to a car accessory shop , I myself did not go for it as I found the one year warranty period to be too less .
So, is it possible to haggle with the dealer about the price? How much did you get it for?

Secondly, don't you think we would pay for much more than what is required as I said in my last post that the iCATS system would look after the anti-theft feature? Do you think (or anyone else) that it is worth spending for this extra feature that is not required?
Old 28th May 2007, 11:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
So, is it possible to haggle with the dealer about the price? How much did you get it for?

Secondly, don't you think we would pay for much more than what is required as I said in my last post that the iCATS system would look after the anti-theft feature? Do you think (or anyone else) that it is worth spending for this extra feature that is not required?
Yes you can haggle a bit , i got a very basic system " Failsafe 175 4A " from Xenos , It costed me around 4 K . Mind you the xenos central lock systems are priced at a premium as compared to Autocop etc , Autocop base system was available for 3.5 K
Old 28th May 2007, 15:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can haggle a bit , i got a very basic system " Failsafe 175 4A " from Xenos , It costed me around 4 K . Mind you the xenos central lock systems are priced at a premium as compared to Autocop etc , Autocop base system was available for 3.5 K

Hi Nikunj,

Ive never heard of the 'Failsafe 175 4A' from Xenos. Are you sure that it is a Xenos product? Atleast the model number mentioned by you is not on their website, ofcourse unless its a new product from Xenos. Either ways, what are the features offered by the system you have installed?

Epic

Most Viewed