Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:48   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Hey Mobike it costed me Rs. 3500/-
Yes i recommend the brand and model, its very nice and hs no problems so far, Gods grace.
I got it from Andheri(E) Guru Nanak Petrol Pump.
Thanks buddy, is that the name of the accessory store? or is it next to the pump?
Old 3rd September 2007, 17:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks buddy, is that the name of the accessory store? or is it next to the pump?
SoundFX is the name, owned by the petrol pump owner
Old 9th September 2007, 03:32   #48
BHPian

Well, I have the 2 way Vision alpha boomerang.
Got it installed in june 2005 when I bought the car. It has all features I could ask for, just one gripe though. They claim a range of 1 km, but it is usable upto only 200 mts.

No false alarms in 2 yrs of use after the initial tuning period ( took me 1 week to tune the sensors )
It has got everything like remote starting, programmed starting, remote alerts, car interior temperature check, shock sensors ( optional ), remote boot unlock, auto lock, keyless entry etc
Never faced any issues but eats a lot of batteries ( I have to change the alkaline AAA every 5~6 weeks )
Old 9th September 2007, 12:37   #49
BHPian

I have heard about new security systems which dont have any hassels of pressing remote buttons or so you just go near the car and it opens.. Liked it not for the kind of protection what so ever it gives but for this cool feature anyone knows what brand it comes under. Do let me know friends...
Old 9th September 2007, 15:59   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I have heard about new security systems which dont have any hassels of pressing remote buttons or so you just go near the car and it opens.. Liked it not for the kind of protection what so ever it gives but for this cool feature anyone knows what brand it comes under. Do let me know friends...
Keyless entry systems come under many brands like nippon, vision ( the one I use ), silicon etc.

Go to your nearest car accessory shop and he will be able to guide you better. They are not 100% effective. If you keep the sensor range very short, sometimes the car won't unlock when you approach it. If you keep it very long then sometimes you may not be going towards the car but it may unlock creating a security problem. It will take a lot of patience to tune it to perfection and you will have to do it yourself bit by bit each day.

I paid 16500 for mine 2 years ago. It came with a 1 year warranty which I never needed to use.
Old 27th September 2008, 13:25   #51
BHPian

I just had Xenos system fitted in my new Swift last week. So far, its fine.

BUT... there's a problem. If the ignition is on, and someone opens a door to get in or get or get out, the alarm goes of 3 times. This is DAMN irritating. Was out with some friends last night and was dropping some people home, so people kept getting in and out. The alarm goes off at full volume for 3 beeps EVERY time the door opens.

Called Xenos today, and told them about the problem. I was impressed with the A.S.S, because the manager at the office was going to send a technician over right away to address the problem. The technician calls up and says its not a problem, its a feature, and there's no way to disable it. It's basically to alert parents if the kids have opened the door.
Now I don't have any kids, and this is becoming infuriating.

Any other Xenos owners who have the same issue with their cars? Did you manage to disable it?

I have the triangular black and chrome remote with 4 buttons (Lock, Unlock, Siren, and Mute).
Old 16th October 2008, 11:37   #52
BHPian

Guys, any advice, suggestions, solutions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I just had Xenos system fitted in my new Swift last week. So far, its fine.

BUT... there's a problem. If the ignition is on, and someone opens a door to get in or get or get out, the alarm goes of 3 times. This is DAMN irritating. Was out with some friends last night and was dropping some people home, so people kept getting in and out. The alarm goes off at full volume for 3 beeps EVERY time the door opens.

Called Xenos today, and told them about the problem. I was impressed with the A.S.S, because the manager at the office was going to send a technician over right away to address the problem. The technician calls up and says its not a problem, its a feature, and there's no way to disable it. It's basically to alert parents if the kids have opened the door.
Now I don't have any kids, and this is becoming infuriating.

Any other Xenos owners who have the same issue with their cars? Did you manage to disable it?

I have the triangular black and chrome remote with 4 buttons (Lock, Unlock, Siren, and Mute).
Old 16th October 2008, 13:32   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My Vtecs parking lights blink under the same circumstances. I am sure there is a way to disable the audible alarm and allow only the lights to blink (which is a welcome feature).

Or maybe they haven't clearly understood your problem? How about having it checked in person rather than on the phone?
Old 16th October 2008, 14:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
The technician calls up and says its not a problem, its a feature, and there's no way to disable it.
Now I know why my neighbour's car makes those strange noises sometimes. I use a Nippon in my Esteem. It doesn't have this feature. Have you tried using the mute button? What's that supposed to do?
Old 16th October 2008, 15:44   #55
BHPian

Ghostrider,

Your alarm system is behaving as per design , in fact what you are actually doing is that your forcing open the door without Disarming the Alarm first and thats when the Alarm goes off. You cannot disable this feature at all as its doing what its supposed to do ...warn you during a forced entry or exit ( Either way ) ,

PS: Some alarms do have the option to Arm/Disarm in Silent mode at the touch of a button on the remote/fob which when activated will arm/disarm the Car without the Audible alerts/beeps but will indicate only with the Parking Lights. If you have this option in your Security System then your issue will be solved

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 16th October 2008, 15:59   #56
RAC
BHPian

@Ghostrider - I have autocop and only the parking lights blink if this happens.
Temp solution - IMO try switching off the engine when you are dropping someone till you have this corected (if possible). This should be less of a bother than listening to the alarm go off.
Old 17th October 2008, 16:40   #57
BHPian

Thanks GTO, Sudipto, Peter, RAC.

You'll are all correct... it's doing what it's supposed to. The problem is I don't think the Xenos guys thought it through. Of course you're going to have people getting in and out of your car most times. Having the alarm go off every time this happens is really irritating.

Yes, there is a MUTE button which arms the car silently (without the beep). Then, when you press the Disarm button, the car disarms silently as well. However, the alarm is still active. So, when the door opens with the engine running, the alarm beeps loudly three times again.

I called the Xenos distr, who had an engineer call me back within 30 mins. Fantastic A.S.S, I was very impressed. He claimed that it can't be done, because it was a feature. But he didn't sound completely sure, hence my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My Vtecs parking lights blink under the same circumstances. I am sure there is a way to disable the audible alarm and allow only the lights to blink (which is a welcome feature).

Or maybe they haven't clearly understood your problem? How about having it checked in person rather than on the phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Have you tried using the mute button? What's that supposed to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Ghostrider,

Your alarm system is behaving as per design , in fact what you are actually doing is that your forcing open the door without Disarming the Alarm first and thats when the Alarm goes off. You cannot disable this feature at all as its doing what its supposed to do ...warn you during a forced entry or exit ( Either way ) ,
PS: Some alarms do have the option to Arm/Disarm in Silent mode at the touch of a button on the remote/fob which when activated will arm/disarm the Car without the Audible alerts/beeps but will indicate only with the Parking Lights. If you have this option in your Security System then your issue will be solved

Cheers,

Peter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
@Ghostrider - I have autocop and only the parking lights blink if this happens.
Temp solution - IMO try switching off the engine when you are dropping someone till you have this corected (if possible). This should be less of a bother than listening to the alarm go off.
Old 26th May 2010, 23:42   #58
BHPian

Hi,
I'm soon getting a Swift ZXI.I do understand that it comes with a keyless entry feature.
My question is whether i can add a motion sensor with an alarm to the car,either with the existing system or otherwise without creating a confusion between the two systems.
My need for this is because my car may be parked outside at times.
cheers
manjith
Old 27th May 2010, 19:15   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Hi,
I'm soon getting a Swift ZXI.I do understand that it comes with a keyless entry feature.
My question is whether i can add a motion sensor with an alarm to the car,either with the existing system or otherwise without creating a confusion between the two systems.
My need for this is because my car may be parked outside at times.
cheers
manjith
Sure can! Autocop wouldn't lose out on this opportunity. They now sell kits which sync with the factory security system. That's the kind of install I have gotten for my Civic. In a nutshell:

1. Remote : Whichever you got with the car. Autocop works off that one only.

2. Immobiliser : Factory fit. No interference from Autocop here.

3. Door open alarm : Factory fit (if the manufacturer offers it).

4. Motion sensor + Impact sensor + Bonnet sensor (Civic didn't have this) : All Autocop.
Old 28th May 2010, 20:47   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sure can! Autocop wouldn't lose out on this opportunity. They now sell kits which sync with the factory security system. That's the kind of install I have gotten for my Civic. In a nutshell:

1. Remote : Whichever you got with the car. Autocop works off that one only.

2. Immobiliser : Factory fit. No interference from Autocop here.

3. Door open alarm : Factory fit (if the manufacturer offers it).

4. Motion sensor + Impact sensor + Bonnet sensor (Civic didn't have this) : All Autocop.
Can you tell me what are these kits called? I cannot find anything online for autocop. I want to add the auto locking and boot open feature in my car & possibly a two way system. Can I install this in sync with my factory system (hyundai verna)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks