Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2010, 18:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Thanks GTO, Sudipto, Peter, RAC.

You'll are all correct... it's doing what it's supposed to. The problem is I don't think the Xenos guys thought it through. Of course you're going to have people getting in and out of your car most times. Having the alarm go off every time this happens is really irritating.

Yes, there is a MUTE button which arms the car silently (without the beep). Then, when you press the Disarm button, the car disarms silently as well. However, the alarm is still active. So, when the door opens with the engine running, the alarm beeps loudly three times again.

I called the Xenos distr, who had an engineer call me back within 30 mins. Fantastic A.S.S, I was very impressed. He claimed that it can't be done, because it was a feature. But he didn't sound completely sure, hence my post.
Hey Ghostrider,

It doesnt happen everytime you open the door, or atleast it is not supposed to happen everytime you open the door. This is when it happens :

Event 1
1. Keep ignition on with all doors closed. All doors will automatically lock after 3 seconds.
2. Open any door. The alarm will beep thrice.

Event 2
Turn on ignition with any door open. It will beep thrice.

This beeping is basically to show you that one or more doors are open or not properly shut.

Now it will never happen again as long as the ignition is on and you can open the doors as many times as you like but it will not beep now. However, if you turn off the ignition and turn it on again it will beep thrice but only in Event 1 or 2.

Hope I explained it right and you understood my point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks