Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 14:17   #136
BHPian

hello bad boy, i would suggest you not to mount the wheel on the back. it would cause problems for your back door in future. for the hinges and the part where you weld it. its also done quite a lot and its getting very old. the new designs for the suv and soft-roaders are with plain back. you can also save the cost of one wheel and tyre. you can go for a 255 tyre with good alloys. hr 276 is a cool design.

Moderator's Note: SMS language is not allowed in posts. Please avoid this practice. You is not the same 'U' and Your is not the same as 'Ur'.

Last edited by Zappo : 30th June 2007 at 14:30.
Old 30th June 2007, 14:30   #137
BHPian

i am sorry, its now that i read the last thread and before reading i had already sent the second post with another mistake

Last edited by Zappo : 30th June 2007 at 14:33. Reason: SMS language edited
Old 30th June 2007, 14:49   #138
Senior - BHPian

hey designation, goddy, zeno..where have you guys gone when i need you?? do you guys have any idea about how the spare wheel is mounted on the bolero rear. since its a mahindra make too, i wonder if the bolero method can be used for the scorpio..

and thanks for your interest in my thread buddy, the wheel mounting may be old in kerala but not here. im doing this to get a more rugged look than a decent suv look
Old 30th June 2007, 20:01   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
hey designation, goddy, zeno..where have you guys gone when i need you?? do you guys have any idea about how the spare wheel is mounted on the bolero rear. since its a mahindra make too, i wonder if the bolero method can be used for the scorpio..

and thanks for your interest in my thread buddy, the wheel mounting may be old in kerala but not here. im doing this to get a more rugged look than a decent suv look

badboy just go for it man..have seen many scorpios with rear wheel mounted and non of them are having problem with that....just try to get the bolero rear and get it welded from inside the back door..... or go to the mahindra show room and check out the bolero and ask them only to do that job what say??

Last edited by zenopio : 30th June 2007 at 20:02.
Old 1st July 2007, 01:00   #140
BHPian

sorry for the late reply, i agree with zenopio regarding the mounting of wheel at the back, it would look cool but make sure you have an extra metal bar inside to support the wheel so that the door doesnt hang due to excess weight or the bumpy ride of the vehicle.
Old 1st July 2007, 21:58   #141
Senior - BHPian

will checkout some bolero s for the mounting technique...and reagarding the air intake, i've decided to get a RAM intake or a K&N, but since a lot bhpians told that it would suck in hot air from the engine bay, i decided to go for a air snorkel just like in kishan lohiya's ride, any idea about the pricing and availability of the snorkel???
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:22   #142
Senior - BHPian

guys.....im still waiting for your suggestions regarding the air snorkel...
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:57   #143
Senior - BHPian

hey, comon guys. where is everyone?? i need some help here on this snorkel thing installation. any ideas about the availablility and pricing would do good..
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:03   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hey, comon guys. where is everyone?? i need some help here on this snorkel thing installation. any ideas about the availablility and pricing would do good..
another silly suggestion from me. why dont you get the crde hood an make use of the scoop by putting your air filter next to the scoop?
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:42   #145
Senior - BHPian

akshay, i dont know if you've noticed this, the crde hood air scoop is a fake..
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:31   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
akshay, i dont know if you've noticed this, the crde hood air scoop is a fake..
make it into a real scoop. i dont think itll need much fabrication.
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:52   #147
Senior - BHPian

actually, the air stock crde air scoop(even if i make into a real scoop ) is loacted at the center of the bonnet, if you pop the hood, you'll get only the engine right under the scoop.

the air filter in the scorpio is located in the front right side right behind the headlight dome and the air intake for the filter is directed to behind the side body plate into a chamber(see pic),and thats why i want to go for an air snorkel..

Old 3rd July 2007, 23:52   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlather View Post
Some more pics

This dream suv was customized, designed by Kishan Lohiya.Here is the letter from Kishan Lohiya:
Since my childhood I was always interested in cars and bikes, but once when I drove one of my friend's SUV I just fell in love with only big cars i.e. SUVs.. Its lovely feeling as if you are driving a military tank.. The branded SUV car designs in my country were not able to match my expectations. So I decided to make my own SUV with a good Indian branded SUV. I wanted a pickup truck like concept, so I cut my brand new 10 Seater Cab to make a beautiful cabin out of it. Then I was hunting for big tyres for it. I could get them all the way from California . I Air Lifted the tyres (Super Swampers:16 "Rim size ,36"Height) from LA to INDIA . These are the only tyres in my whole country. Got a Beautiful winch from Bangkok which is again American branded (WARN Winch). And also added a Air Snorkel on the side of the car which really supports the heavy design of the car.. I love the 4 lights which I have designed on the bonnet of the cab. Its looks really very macho with those lights.
Just wanted to say that I didn't use my computer at all for designing my car. I simply got started with the work and it came out really good.
Am sending the original picture of the cab which I have made. Its an Indian brand: "Mahindra Scorpio".
Thank you for taking interest in my baby. And let me tell you again that your site was really a great inspiration for me to make such a beautiful "2 Seater SUV Pick Up Truck".
Rgds.
Kishan Lohiya
Awesome looking 4x4

They can make it and sell it, I'm sure that it will get success
Old 4th July 2007, 14:16   #149
Team-BHP Support

badyboy - thats what i was thinking of. that there would be no place for the air filter.
Old 8th July 2007, 12:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this is suitable for this thread. But does any body know how much it will cost for the side cladding on a scorpio.The base model comes without cladding hence the question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks