Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 16:15   #31
vidvai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I use the gear lock on my vehicle . The gear is locked at neutral and once the steering gets locked thats it.
+1
along with the autocop thingie...

Old 6th September 2007, 12:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I use the gear lock on my vehicle . The gear is locked at neutral and once the steering gets locked thats it.
Hi Sammy,
How much did it cost, and is installation cumbersome? Can you remove it before driving, so that it doesn't hinder foot movement? Did the car have to be modified for it? I plan to go in for one for my Fiesta.
Old 6th September 2007, 12:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

You take a patent on this and I'll be the first one to buy the device from you..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayalam View Post
Thanks gd1418. I'm planning to patent that invention. May be I'll call it "immobilasser".
Old 6th September 2007, 13:03   #34
BHPian

One question here. All ford cars have similar key. What I mean is they all look alike. I was told by ford service center guy that there is a chip in the key and only if the code of that chip matches with the one in my car, it would allow the car to start. Is this not something similar to icats what ford is providing in all cars since long.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayalam View Post
I would personally prefer a sharp, pointed device that emerges out of the drivers seat and finds it way into the anatomy of the thief. That would strongly urge any thief to reform himself and be a good citizen. Inadvertent use can be made impossible by removal of the "immobiliser" by the real owner before he takes his driving position.

God save the driver if someday he forgets to remove the device before entering the car......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks