Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Security Devices to protect your Vehicle

What are the various types of car security systems available nowdays and which ones are most effective ???.

I was reading an article about how a Scorpio was traced and recovered using this intelligent GPS security system and the vehicle was found parked in a Mall in Haryana, since this system sent constant SMS to the owner of its location.(he had forgotten to switch it on, in the first place). Read about this device here

Then now maruti has come out with Key based security/engine immobilizer i.e. ICat read about it launch here. Under this system, a transponder is in-built in the car key which has a unique identification code that matches with the code in the Ecu. This makes the car start only with its own key and no other key/ direct wire connections can force the car to start.

And then who can forget the Autocop/Blackcats etc i.e. our personal door openers and that what I call them since the protection is bare minimum with these and have seen many car's being stolen despite this security toy.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:33   #2
BHPian

Maruti's immobilizer is the best.Though maruti install's it before purchase its a third party company.I cannot recall the name but I have fitted it in my Indica xeta along with autocop dx.iT WORKS GR8.aND i TOOK AUTOCOP COZ WHEN i PRESS lock button on the remote all the windows are rolled up ( I have power windows).Other manufacturers dont have this system!
Old 4th June 2007, 16:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is there a device which can deliver 10000 volts and kill the imbecile on the spot whilst trying to steal or damage ?
Old 4th June 2007, 17:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Is there a device which can deliver 10000 volts and kill the imbecile on the spot whilst trying to steal or damage ?
this would be great, but i'd need a lot more volts 100,000 should do fine.
Old 4th June 2007, 17:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Prodding Car Thieves to Reform
This article has the details. 250$ only
Old 4th June 2007, 23:12   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally, I'd settle for that flame thrower from South Africa - triggered by remote even. If that shouldnt deter the cunning thief with fireproof clothing, I'd settle for the electric shock system. If India is too politically sensitive for any of these, I'll settle for the Autocop with touch sensor that I currently have
Old 5th June 2007, 14:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Although my truck is fitted with M&M OEM remote central locking, automatic windows roll-up, Gear lock and Amsaki SMS tracker, I too am inetersted in this device if at all it exists.

If you can find one let me know too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Old 17th June 2007, 10:22   #8
BHPian

what about Xenos from Pricol?
Old 18th June 2007, 22:40   #9
BHPian

Xenos, it's the best in class. But the highest model with all those atttractive features is pretty expensive.
Old 18th June 2007, 22:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Then now maruti has come out with Key based security/engine immobilizer i.e. ICat read about it launch here. Under this system, a transponder is in-built in the car key which has a unique identification code that matches with the code in the Ecu. This makes the car start only with its own key and no other key/ direct wire connections can force the car to start.
Ok,..now there are ways of starting the car without turning the ignition.There are also ways of turning off the security alarm.You should be knowing that.

Even with a fake key you could start the car,..just put the key in,turn it into "on" or whatever and keep a spanner ready.

Very very low tech way of starting the car.
Old 19th June 2007, 05:59   #11
BHPian

I wanted to get a car with the "engine immobiliser" feature that all new ALTOs have...but since I bought one of the last few "xFun"s hence I had to compromise...the xfuns were manufactured before the "engine immobiliser"funda came into existence....duh
Old 19th June 2007, 11:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Come again..Can you elaborte more on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Ok,..now there are ways of starting the car without turning the ignition.There are also ways of turning off the security alarm.You should be knowing that.

Even with a fake key you could start the car,..just put the key in,turn it into "on" or whatever and keep a spanner ready.

Very very low tech way of starting the car.
Old 19th June 2007, 11:21   #13
BHPian

Can you fix only the immobilizer to an old car which has remote locking ? Can the old Marutis be fixed with the new iCAT immobilizers?
Old 19th June 2007, 11:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Come again..Can you elaborte more on this?
Yes, even I want to know how would you drive a car without the ECU being engaged.
Old 29th June 2007, 20:10   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,, I just got the AutoCop>XS 8500/8550 model.
Can someone tell me whether the proximity lock/unlock feature is ON by default?? if not how to get it activated? an online resource would do.. if someone can point me to there website,, I'm also searching..
Thanks in advance..

Most Viewed