Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 12:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!

I was using HID projectors from Xenon Planet since last 5 years. They called it Mini Super V2 which was a decent projector. I had faced couple of issues with the setup and had to visit the installer multiple times to rectify. Not going into details, it's all documented in my Baleno ownership thread.

I had driven to Mumbai for some work and also got an opportunity to meet couple of S-Cross 1.6 owners. Few of them were running HID projectors which was installed by fellow S-Cross 1.6 owner named Pratham. He is into retrofits since last 2 years and his work has received good feedback.

XP projectors in my Baleno had good brightness for first 2 years and it gradually decreased. After 5 years it was pathetic. Reason ? Read on...

I discussed with Pratham and opted for IPH LED fog projectors. Advantages are easy to install, VFM pricing, lower operating temperature, and consistent output. Drawbacks are high beam won't be as good as HID and full projector has to be replaced if anything goes bad. It's a fully built LED projector.

Few pics

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_220706.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_220716.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_220727.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_220742.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_212223.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_212213.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_211838.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_211859.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_211712.jpg

Pre installation check

Low beam

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_214427__01.jpg

High beam

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211027_214436__01.jpg

The setup is not plug and play as the OE fog connector wouldn't fit into this fog projector. It should be possible to make it fully plug and play by sourcing suitable connectors. I am not exactly sure what was done but the installer did tell me that OE connector is retained and I can plug it with OE fog lamps if required (reversible). High beam wire of fog projector was tapped into headlight coupler. We had not planned this installation in advance, it was a sudden plan. If not they could have sourced the suitable connectors for Baleno. I am very bad with wiring and electricals, sorry if I am wrong .

Fog projectors were easy and flush fit in Baleno. It hardly took 30 minutes for the installation.

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_014509.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_014334.jpg

Output

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-screenshot_20211028154421__01.jpg

This is low beam of fog projectors. Headlights aren't on. Cut off is good and it won't glare or blind the oncoming traffic.

I was impressed with the product. Output was also good. But the story doesn't end here .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th October 2021 at 15:48.
Dr.Naren is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 15:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!

I had no plans to touch the headlight projectors. But the output had really reduced a lot. Pratham suggested to change them for better experience. He asked me to try IPH D2H Bi-xenon projectors. I had already seen them in action in few other S-Cross done by him and the output was really good.

I had moisture issues in both headlights and the left side projector was vibrating a lot (Xenon Planet setup). Pratham assured everything will be sorted out. We decided to retain the existing relay and shrouds. New additions are IPH D2H projectors, D2H bulbs, and 55W ballasts.

Headlight surgery began immediately after my consent for new projectors :D. I didn't click any pics of the procedure. There are couple of threads on the forum for details on headlight opening and retrofit of projectors.

We found out that the headlights weren't sealed properly at few areas and this could be the reason for moisture entry. I wanted to find out the reason for decreased brightness in XP projectors. Pratham opened up the projectors and showed burnt reflector. He says it's normal for any HID projector after 5+ years. I liked his honesty and there were no false assurances. Few sellers even claim their projectors are so well built that they will last lifetime rl:.

XP Mini Super V2 with burnt reflector

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_000241.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_000105.jpg

Test run: Old vs New

XP Mini Super V2

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-screenshot_20211028133543__01.jpg

IPH D2H (do note the extra brightness and that nice blue cut off)

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-screenshot_20211028133558__01.jpg

Pics of new kit

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img20211028wa0006.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img20211028wa0050.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img20211028wa0051.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img20211028wa0054.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img20211028wa0058.jpg

These projectors have good build and look sturdy. D2S/D2H projectors are better than H1 projectors anyday.

Ballasts were placed at these locations and secured with zip ties

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_142405.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_142413.jpg

We also did alignment against a wall and also on road. I was really impressed with the outcome. There's lot of light from IPH projectors in fogs and headlights. Good part is they are under total control and won't blind the oncoming traffic in low beam. The wiring is in done in such a way that I can totally turn off the fog projectors using OE fog lamp switch. I can't use only the fog projectors in high beam which is anyways not practical.

And the best part: The overall output!

Low beam

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_015005.jpg

High beam

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_015013.jpg

Low beam

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_021308.jpg

High beam

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_021320.jpg

Note: Both the fog and headlight projectors are on. Massive and controlled output from 4 projectors.

Do watch this video to appreciate the output in different settings

Day time pics

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_142617.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_165945.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_120357.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_120352.jpg

Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!-img_20211028_120331.jpg

Pricing

1. IPH D2H Bi-Xenon 55W Projector Kit: 20,000
2. IPH Bi-LED Fog Projector: 8,500
3. Installation: 4,500
Total: 33,000

Contact

Name: Mr. Pratham
Call / WA: 9920078111

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th October 2021 at 18:29.
Dr.Naren is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Baleno: Lights upgrade with IPH D2H HID headlight projectors and IPH LED fog projectors!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Modifications and Accessories Section.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:48   #4
BHPian

Beautifully written with all the required details and pictures Doctor ! I found your previous setup more than adequate on the road, albeit I hadn't seen the output when they were just installed 5 years back.

But my question , do these new projectors outshine the light output when compared to your Scross?

Among all your cars , which one according to you has the best Projectors setup ?

Love the new setup and based on the photos and video you provided I'm sure it's a significant increase in light output compared to your previous projector setup.

Regards
Ashton Castelino

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 28th October 2021 at 19:51.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 20:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
Beautifully written with all the required details and pictures Doctor !
Thank you!!

Quote:
But my question , do these new projectors outshine the light output when compared to your Scross?
I don't like this question . S-cross is nowhere close to Baleno, actually S-Cross deserves these lights .

Quote:
Among all your cars , which one according to you has the best Projectors setup ?
Baleno > > S-Cross > SX4
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice one there, Dr.Naren. Is Pratham located in Mumbai? If yes, it’s a long shot for my Brezza at this point to get my headlights retrofitted with BI-LEDs.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:56   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Is Pratham located in Mumbai? If yes, it’s a long shot for my Brezza at this point to get my headlights retrofitted with BI-LEDs.
Yes, he is in Mumbai. IPH Bi-LED Fog Projector is very easy install in Maruti cars. You can order a set from him and DIY / install at any car accessories shop .

If you plan to retrofit projectors in headlights, better to get it done professionally.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 29th October 2021 at 12:57.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 15:49   #8

That's really a nice update. I will check with Pratham if he can help with LED Projector in Volkswagen Jetta
sc15523 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 17:19   #9
BHPian

Very well written review with details and pictures Doctor!

I had seen this LED projector from IPH but did not come across its reviews on YouTube and on other forums as everyone got the HID ones installed.

I was interested in LED unit as one does not have to choose a HID brand out of available Chinese options which you are not sure how reliable they will be in the long run. Karol Bagh shops only keeps Chinese ones and you do not see Osram or Philips much which can be more reliable as per me, although a bit more expensive.

This closed LED unit might be more reliable and also does not have extra ballast which you have to install with HIDs. Any more pros or cons you came across after installation?

Will try to source and install it on my Celerio in Delhi since output looks great!

Thanks!
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 17:52   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Very well written review with details and pictures Doctor!
Thank you

Quote:
This closed LED unit might be more reliable and also does not have extra ballast which you have to install with HIDs.
LED projector won't have output similar to HID, especially the high beam. I have IPH HID fog projector in S-Cross. The high beam goes very high and lights the trees which is of no use . The output / brightness of HID projectors decrease with age due to damage / burning of reflector inside the projector unit.

Quote:
Any more pros or cons you came across after installation?
Nothing. I got to drive close to 1000 km soon. Will update
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 22:11   #11

I have the same fog projectors in my SX4 and was very keen on getting similar setup for headlights as well but the person doing the installation said that there can be issues of moisture getting inside the headlight as they weren't very confident of the adhesive to prevent that. So I dropped my plan for those.

But the output in the pictures and video you posted is very tempting.
RshE19 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks