Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 15:43   #1
BHPian

need to refurbish my interiors

My 6 year old ferrari red lancer sfx is the love of my life but unfortunately shes getting older by the day. I need to refurbish my interiors. Was contemplating on getting a Skoda RS but couldnt find one and am sure it will be way too expensive plus i love my lancer to let it go. Can I go in for some kind of coating to make it look new? I have black semi leather seats which are pretty good. The dash is fading and so are the panels and ac vents. What can I do? What kind of coat would you suggest for the exterior as well? Please help me out and suggest a place in chennai where I can get it done and also the costs involved. My budget is about 5k(am also planing to spend on getting a touchscreen from the u.s. and getting a k&n and spark plugs).
Old 25th May 2007, 17:25   #2
BHPian

I was also wondering if I add a cold air intake/air induction kit will it make a major difference to my car's performance?If so please let me know where I can source it for my lancer in chennai and also the price.
Old 25th May 2007, 23:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

hey redsfx, Since your car is old, you should try the 3M complete package for interior and exterior.

The exterior package is called surface refinement and will get the shine back in the car. they remove all small scratches and apply a glossy polish which gives a good shine to the car.

The interior treatment will be complete shampoo of the interior carpet polish of the leather seats, vacuum and dashboard polish and cleaning so they dont look faded.

The exterior here in bangalore costs Rs.2600 where as interior I'm not sure but whould be similar.

I guess someone from chennai will be able to help you out with the 3M dealer there.
Old 26th May 2007, 00:02   #4
BHPian

Thanks a lot vid. My exterior is actually in great shape probably as good as your car but its just the interior(dash) which is getting dull as I park it under the sun everyday at work. Was planing on the 3m for the interior. Will probably get it done soon and also go in for a change of wheels.
Will appreciate if somebody in chennai could tell me where I could get the 3m done.
Old 26th May 2007, 00:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

regarding the air intake, iridium sparkplugs (Rs. 2800, i think) and turbo kits, you may contact speedworks, Chennai. The entire body kit including the hood cost around 35k. It may sound a little costly but it looks awesome.
Old 26th May 2007, 01:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest you get the dashboard, centre (gear) console and the door pads painted.
In fact, this gives you a good chance to move away from the drab Lancer interiors and spruce things up with a two-tone combination of your choice. I'm getting my Lancer interiors done up at this time, and I got a sneak peek at it today... was looking much much better than before!
Do some hunting around on the net for some good combination ideas, possibly one that'll go with your red exteriors.
Not sure where you can get this done in Chennai. I'm getting it done at an HM workshop... you could also try any other capable garage/paintshop. Just be sure that they are competent enough to dismantle and refit the dash properly. In fact, this is the only reason I opted for HM.
I'll put up pics when I get the car back. Cheers!
Old 27th May 2007, 01:15   #7
BHPian

Am really not looking for a entire body kit right now badboy but will get the ngk plugs and also check on the air intake. Hope my car's performance increases. Have already checked out speedworks and got a quote on various parts. Was also planing on getting my engine flushed and getting synthetic oil. So do you guys think there will be a major difference if i put in ngk plugs,k&n air filter and synthetic oil?

Thank you razor. Would love to get a two tone for my interiors but hav
ent really found a place in chennai where they do a good job for a reasonable price. Appreciate if anybody from Chennai could help me on this.

I dont really want to spend too much as well because I want to pick up a "RS" sometime soon if i find a good one in Chennai. My bro has been looking out for one for me but no luck as yet. How much do you guys think a 2004/2005 "RS" would set me back by?
Old 27th May 2007, 16:40   #8
BHPian

hey guys can u please tell me where i can get the interiors and body kits done in bangalore...Im in hunt for a good place for a long time..i own a lancer 2000 sfxi..
Old 27th May 2007, 18:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

we did the same in my bro's lancer, the milage increased, and the performance too...so don't worry..
Old 27th May 2007, 21:47   #10
BHPian

thank you bad boy will get the engine flushing and ngks's, lights this week. Am still confused if i should go in for a cold intake or a k&n air filter alone. What is the difference between the cold intake and air filter(functionality,price,performance variance etc.)?What do you guys suggest? Where can i source a cold intake from in chennai?
Old 28th May 2007, 05:43   #11
BANNED

For the interiors, you can try out the Teflon Dash & Trim guard protection from Dupont.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

the cold air induction kit will boost the engine power, you can clearly feel a rise in the performance,im not very sure about the mileage..and ..the performance will rise even when fitted only with the k&n air filter but not to that extent of a cold air induction kit..in this case mileage seems to increase..
Old 28th May 2007, 19:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

some more details for you red:
A cold air intake is a [COLOR=#0000ff]system[/COLOR] used to bring down the [COLOR=#0000ff]temperature[/COLOR] of the [COLOR=#0000ff]air[/COLOR] going into a [COLOR=#0000ff]car[/COLOR] for the purpose of increasing the power of the [COLOR=#0000ff]internal-combustion engine[/COLOR]. A secondary goal is to increase the appeal of a car by changing the appearance of a car's engine bay and creating an attractive intake [COLOR=#0000ff]noise[/COLOR].
Old 28th May 2007, 19:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey redsfx, please tell me the year of make and engine size of your lancer(1.3L or 1.6L or 2.0L) so that i can do some inquiry for you..
Old 28th May 2007, 23:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
hey redsfx, please tell me the year of make and engine size of your lancer(1.3L or 1.6L or 2.0L) so that i can do some inquiry for you..
A 6 year old Lancer would most likely be the 1.5 L version.
Don't think Mitsubishi made 1.3 L Lancers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks