Team-BHP - scorpio lift modification/suspension
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   scorpio lift modification/suspension (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/24427-scorpio-lift-modification-suspension.html)

Hello to everyone on team bhp!!!! im planning on buying a scorpio next time im in india (august/september) and i saw the pic of the modified scorpio in hyberdad.Kishan Lohiya .crazt job he did but he did raise the height of his scorpio. What i would like to do is ship the same size tires and INSTALL A LIFT KIT. ie: raise the body and suspension.
can i get suspension parts to list the scorpio in india?
will the rear differential handle the extra weight of the wheels/tires
i think i'll have to install new rear springs and front suspension?
any ideas?
tires i want:
Mahindra Scorpio SUV From India
look i want:
Tamiya Ford F-350 High-Lift Kit

thats a very neat idea to do a high lift, but i've not yet heard of any high lift kit available in india(up to my knowledge)..anyways i'll do some inquiry for you..but if u manage to lift your scorpio, it would be the coolest and most mean machine around..:)..driving a lifted SUV will be a sheer pleasure over here...cheers..

No your Scorpio will probably die within a year. I wonder how Lohiya's is doing these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 449443)
No your Scorpio will probably die within a year. I wonder how Lohiya's is doing these days.

Thx thats really nice of you to say that with no colaberating evidence. you must be a very happy person

hey Badboyscad, thx for the reply, i dont think there is a lifted scorpio either,, in india the after market stuff for 4x4 is very limited but from what I learned-the easy way to lift the scorpio would be to add leaf springs with a greater curve and new shocks to compensate for the increased height. once the body is raised then you will need to extend the steering column and the drive shaft, fuel lines, electrical wires etc, anything that has moved higher becasue the frame will be the same height but the body will be higher. I heard a 'desi' way would be to put 4" blocks on the points where the body attachs to the frame, then no springs shock required but this is the desi way...i hope i get more info and someone who has done it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogermann (Post 449882)
. I heard a 'desi' way would be to put 4" blocks on the points where the body attachs to the frame, then no springs shock required but this is the desi way...i hope i get more info and someone who has done it.

What..care to explain the above point.. I have lost u somewhere in between here.

Godfather

i am just wondering if you raise it the GC will increase and so will the toppling chances

Do you mean 'desi'? by that I mean doing something by cutting corners...you get the job done but not the right way nor very professionally...i thinking it comes from getting stuff done in the pinds when not all facilities or parts are available. to manikjeet, yes you are right about the GC but thats why you would want to put wide tires to somewhat compensate

if you get tyres that size i dont think your scorpio will go very fast.

I Wish People Would Help Answer My Question On How To Do A Lift On A Scorpio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1isn't That What Im Asking And What This Thread Is For????????????????? Do You Have Nothing Better To Do Han Find Faults In What I Am Doing?
-car Tipping
-car Dieing
-speed
If I Wanted To Hear Negative Things I'd Call A Tata Service Dealer

While you sound a little sharp I guess you're right about the advice you're getting. The truth probably is that no one has tried lifting a Scorpio! Could it be 'cos of the coil springs in the front?

Never heard of somebody doing it other than lohiya in 4X4 offroad (any latest news about it?). A couple of months back i saw a lifted gypsy in pune. It will make the Scorpio more meaner even though it will affect the performance & balance. A stock one itself is scary on curves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mansidea (Post 453170)
Never heard of somebody doing it other than lohiya in 4X4 offroad (any latest news about it?). A couple of months back i saw a lifted gypsy in pune. It will make the Scorpio more meaner even though it will affect the performance & balance. A stock one itself is scary on curves.

lifted gypsy...got any pics of that???

Quote:

Originally Posted by mansidea (Post 453170)

hmmm lifted gypsy ?? got any pics?

@rogermann, I understand your frustration in not getting any replies, but you must understand that such kind of lifting is not common in India, and you will not find any expert in Ludhiana.
We have a 118NE long time back, and we got it lifted slightly by putting in spacers in the suspension. The 1" lift raised the body enough such that the underbody did not scrape the slightest speedbreakers.
In Ludhiana this is the maximum you will find.
Coming to the block method, it will raise your CG, and make the car more prone to toppling.
The kind of raised SUVs and trucks you see in california are done by professionals, the kind of which do not exist.
If you want to do such a job here you have to go to somebody who has extensive experience in chasis modifications. For example DC does Limo extensions etc.,
In Ludhiana area the only guys who have the expertise to do such a job are "Sutlej", the bus building company guys.
You can talk to them, but they do only bus bodies, I am not sure whether they will be willing to a a SUV. That said they have extensive experience dealing with chasis modifications etc.,