Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 11:43   #1

Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!

Skoda showroom gave me the mud flaps during car delivery but they didn't install them. I thought I could do it myself, but when I looked behind the wheels, I found the setup to be entirely different. I was hoping to find some basic star screws which can be unscrewed and screwed back with the mud flap but now I have no clue what to do! Does it need some drilling?
EngineFirst528 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 15:11   #2
BHPian

re: Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!

What kind of a dealership does that? You should take it back to them and get them fitted for free.
Also, as far as I know, no drilling is needed for OEM mudflaps. I hope they are OEM.
docsinghal is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 00:48   #3

re: Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
What kind of a dealership does that? You should take it back to them and get them fitted for free.
Also, as far as I know, no drilling is needed for OEM mudflaps. I hope they are OEM.
Yes they are OEM. I went to a workshop nearby and got them installed. And yes, there's no drilling needed. I saw the guy fasten the screw by just piercing through the sheet.

It costed me 200 bucks but I'm really disappointed with the showroom for not showing the basic courtesy of installing them. I heard a lot about people's after sales troubles with Skoda but looks like I'm having them right from the sale.
EngineFirst528 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:02   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rubbish Skoda dealers. Always the scum of the dealer industry

In other news, next time you give your Skoda for an oil change, here is what they will give you back at the time of delivery:
Name:  OilChangeKitDIY.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  128.5 KB
Source

Skoda = Promoting DIY culture in India in an entirely different way!

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2021 at 11:08.
GTO is offline   (55) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:00   #5
BHPian

My Nexa dealer delivered my S-cross without the mud flaps (for which I had paid) as they no longer have it in stock. They are not even sure, if I'll get them during the first service. Even nearby MGPs don't have them in stock either

For the first time in my car buying experience, the dealership refrained from selling me accessories, as they either don't have it in stock or are unwilling to procure them for me
UPS_Guru is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 09:51   #6
BHPian

Re: Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!

VAG can come with all the new models in the world but until and unless they discipline their dealers and workshops, the customers are going to face a harrowing time.

Faced a similar experience when I took delivery of my 2nd Gen Vento back in 2015. The new Vento had some redesigned lines and fitments on the rear bumper which meant old mud flaps (from Gen 1 Polo/Ventos) would not fit the car easily. Long story short, I refused to budge until they fit the flaps to my satisfaction on the day of delivery. They still had the audacity to ask me to pay for some 'exit' pass which was close to 600 rupees.

The flaps were so badly fit that a year down the line I lost 3 of the 4 mud flaps. Got a new set reinstalled from the service centre where people knew what they were doing and those flaps are still running strong after 4 years.

Not like this issue is serious or critical to the functioning of the car but it is the small things that count. I have had pretty disappointing experiences with Skoda/VW dealers on almost every instance when I have purchased a car for them.

Last edited by AKSarkar1 : 28th November 2021 at 09:52.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 11:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
My Nexa dealer delivered my S-cross without the mud flaps (for which I had paid) as they no longer have it in stock. They are not even sure, if I'll get them during the first service. Even nearby MGPs don't have them in stock either

For the first time in my car buying experience, the dealership refrained from selling me accessories, as they either don't have it in stock or are unwilling to procure them for me
Same story with Jeep. They delivered the car without boot and floor mats. They did not even give me paper mats for the time being. My entire carpet is soiled now. I should have spent some extra money and got temporary cheap mats.
Old 28th November 2021, 11:35   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineFirst528 View Post
Skoda showroom gave me the mud flaps during car delivery but they didn't install them.
How idiotic! Takes barely any time to install these mud flaps. Which dealership is this? Can understand if you don’t want to publicly name them, but if they’ve erred, they’ve got to set it right. Mud flaps aren’t free and you must have paid for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In other news, next time you give your Skoda for an oil change, here is what they will give you back at the time of delivery:
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 11:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda showroom gave me the mud flaps during car delivery but they didn't install them. I thought I could do it myself, but when I looked behind the wheels, I found the setup to be entirely different. I was hoping to find some basic star screws which can be unscrewed and screwed back with the mud flap but now I have no clue what to do! Does it need some drilling?
This is preposterous no matter the dealer or the brand. They can’t leave you high and dry like this.
Having said that, I just had THE most pleasant buying/delivery experience with Gurudev Skoda Kattupakkam Chennai. Right from my first call for test drive to getting my number plates fixed, it has only been the most courteous and most efficient.
I hope the service is at least half as good and I will be a convert.
Old 28th November 2021, 13:04   #10
BHPian

Atleast Skoda gave them in hand, Kia did not gave us floor mats which we paid for. For nearly 2 months they made us to run behind multiple dealerships in Bangalore. We finally settled for 7d mats from a dealership in TN. Yes, no refund for carpet mats that we paid originally.

Kia did not even gave us paper mat while it was pouring rain on D day.
Karthik.thm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 14:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear EngineFirst528, ridiculous Skoda at it's best! Reading about Skoda dealers antics since a very long time, however this one really takes the cake.

Why on earth did you accept this it’s simply unacceptable. You should have brought the roof down and insisted they do the fitting in front of you. Because we as customers accept this kind of nonsense behaviour from the dealer they are encouraged to do it. Your acceptance of the situation was a huge mistake.

Congratulations, wish you a happy ownership experience.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 15:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda showroom gave me the mud flaps during car delivery but they didn't install them.
You should go ahead and name the dealer. Atleast they should know customer also has some leverage today and not to treat like this any future customers. I don't want to guess the dealer but given what you have said it most likely the grand old dealer in the city.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 15:41   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just curious. The Mud flaps are part of essential kit and in case of Rapid many customers do not fit it on their cars. The reason is cause the mud flaps are very low and almost always scrape every pothole and break off. Observe the number of Vento's and Rapid's without mudflaps and you will know what I mean.

Usually they ask whether you want them fitted or not. Incase they didn't ask you, by any chance did you go back to the dealer and ask them to install it or during first service? And if you did, did they say they will charge for fitting or said they wont?

Just wondering what exactly the issue is since for my Kodiaq, I was asked the same thing. Mudflaps are part of the kit but many don't like the looks, should we put them in boot or fit them on?
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 19:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiisworking View Post
Having said that, I just had THE most pleasant buying/delivery experience with Gurudev Skoda Kattupakkam Chennai. Right from my first call for test drive to getting my number plates fixed, it has only been the most courteous and most efficient.
I hope the service is at least half as good and I will be a convert.
Either you are the luckiest guy in chennai, or your time has just not arrived.
Old 28th November 2021, 19:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
Either you are the luckiest guy in chennai, or your time has just not arrived.
I sincerely hope it’s the former!

BTW, at the risk of poking a bees nest, what has been the headlines of your experience? If this is considered OT, you may PM me.

Most Viewed