Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 15:43   #1
BANNED

Finally my Zen is here !

Dear Bhpins,

Today I am feeling that I am the happiest person on the Earth as I have bought Zen Vxi Nov 2003 model ( MPFI engine ),, I have been driving Maruti 800 from last 2 yrs ,,, I was not happy with that car ,, as its highly un-trustable car, it used to break down any where, from last 4 moths, I haven’t dared to take that car out of Mumbai,, anyways Now I have 2003 Maruti Zen Vxi with Cassette player and Remote Security lock, car has done very little mileage 38k.

Now I need to modify looks of this car in little budget wanted to add Spoiler and CD player systems plz help me to chose that, what is the cost of Rear Spoiler of zen in Mumbai ? Also 1 month down the line I intend to convert my car on CNG as my daily running is 70km in mumbai, plz tel me is it adsiviable to fit CNG kit to Zen ,,,, in oder to to reduce the running cost, I heard in 1kg Zen will run 17/18km is that true ??
Also plz give me suggestions to enhance looks of my car

Thx in Advance

Best Regards,
Jitendra
Old 29th May 2007, 20:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Post some pics as well.

Now that you've got your dream car, give her a service first. And do not think about modifying the looks. Just try and maintain a clean, factory look. You could get a spoiler, but it would not suit the Zen, IMHO. Go to Milan Subway in Santacruz for all your accessory needs.

And as for the CNG- my advice, go for LPG instead. Both are detrimental to the engine for long-term, but at least you'll make up the running costs...
Old 29th May 2007, 20:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats nicejits , for how much did u get it for ? and post some pics .Drive safe.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:01   #4
BHPian

yea buddy,first maintain it and give it for a complete service
Old 29th May 2007, 21:27   #5
BHPian

Congrats buddy, always had a liking for the zen, especially the jelly bean shaped ones. Drive safe.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

A very memorable car for many including me! Your lucky to have one
Old 29th May 2007, 22:10   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Kits from Rio have been photographed on members cars here.
Old 29th May 2007, 23:05   #8
BHPian

do not go overboard. You can go for skirts .. saw nice ones in the forum.I would also suggest to go for LPG kit instead of CNG.
Old 29th May 2007, 23:28   #9
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Today I am feeling that I am the happiest person on the Earth as I have bought Zen Vxi Nov 2003 model ( MPFI engine ),, I have been driving Maruti 800 from last 2 yrs ,,, I was not happy with that car ,, as its highly un-trustable car, it used to break down any where, from last 4 moths, I haven’t dared to take that car out of Mumbai,
I am glad you like the Zen, and you will get plenty of information in this forum on how to modify it. Regarding Maruti 800, my experience with a 1995 non-AC model (which I bought brand-new) is the direct opposite of yours. It was an exceptionally reliable car and the only break-down that I recollect over 40000 kms, including several long drives and a Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore trip, is when the battery wires became loose. The only other car in my experience that matched the M800's reliability is the Santro which I drive now. Perhaps the M800 that you drove was not new or well-maintained.
Old 29th May 2007, 23:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nicejits, The Zen is an absolute wonder to drive. It handles like a peach with minor mods and has a great fan following in our country and this forum. Get a free flow and dont bother about a CNG as it gives decent milage (around 8-9 in city driving with minor mods, freeflow, K&N etc). Beware tough dont be lightfooted all the time or those figures do drop. Whatever you do , im sure ull fall in love with the car. So enjoy it. Its your ride, do it up the way you want it.
Old 30th May 2007, 00:07   #11
Team-BHP Support

You are happy, and you have every reason to be
The zen is a brilliant buy, i had one till i replaced it with the ohc, something about that lil' thing i yet seem to look for in the ohc.

The MPFI zen yields about 11-13 kms a liter with AC in Mumbai traffic.
Like Veyroin suggests, get the car serviced first and see if the car has any primrary needs that the previosu owner had overlooked. You can then accoridngly plan the aftermarket stuff with the money left.

About the audio, let us know where in Mumbai are you locate dand one of us could recommend you an accessory store for the basic needs and your CD player.

All the best with your new ride.

manson.
Old 30th May 2007, 00:23   #12
BHPian

Anyone notice a difference in the gearshift in the old carb zen and the new one. Had a 98carb zenand the gearshift seemed to be a lot smother than the one on my current 2005 zen mpfi, as far as i can remember.
Old 30th May 2007, 05:13   #13
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nicejits.
The Zen was the last of the good looking small cars from Maruti Udyog Ltd.
Now in the microcar category, they make breadboxes with fancy names.
But the Zen was always their good-looker, good-performer.
Some team-BHPians even upped the engine to realize e-Zens and b-Zens.
Have fun with the car and drive safe.
Old 30th May 2007, 07:40   #14
BHPian

I have a 97 Carb Zen in my family which has been fitted with a Lovato LPG kit. Daily drive is about 100 kms and it is driver driven. Very reliable, and economical. If you DO decide to get it converted to LPG, go for the proper kits and not the 'kaam chalau' types fitted by many garages.
Old 30th May 2007, 10:33   #15
BANNED

Dear BHPins,

I am gald that you guys has replied to my post and shared my joy, Thx a lot for that !

Manson >> I stays at Borivali, As i told you its VXI, it has a company fitted music system speakers are in very good shape i intend o sue the same, plz avice which head unit shd i get and how much it will cost me ?

Manson,Toiing & other Frinds >> I intend to put CNG kit as i heard its very cheap i heard that it wil go 17km to 1liter/Kn which is 20Rs in mumbai ( my daily run will be 70km ) and there are 450 CNG pumps in mumabi where in there are only 40 pumps for LPG,

Also out side mumbai avalablilty of CNG is more in comparison to LPG

plz help me to take a decision

Thx in advance

Best Regards,
Jitendra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks