Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 10:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Painting and Body Work Shops in Mumbai

I need to get some minor paint touch up work done on my car, before the rains. Mostly on the front bumper and fender. What are good workshops who'd do a reasonable job of paint touch up, without charging the earth, the sky and everything in between. Workshops like Mazda Motors and some MUL workshops are good, but I do not want to spend 3k painting a bumper. Also, I would prefer it if the workshop is within Mumbai city limits.
Old 30th May 2007, 14:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Still havent done that ? You are one lazy guy man
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:41   #3
BHPian

I too need a good workshop, banged the front-left headlamp area of my palio 1.6 black stile against a BEST bus; my mistake.

Can someone pls suggest a place? How much would do you estimate?

I've attached reference pics.

Thanks

Old 23rd January 2008, 14:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
I too need a good workshop, banged the front-left headlamp area of my palio 1.6 black stile against a BEST bus; my mistake.

Can someone pls suggest a place? How much would do you estimate?

I've attached reference pics.

Thanks
Amit, I would suggest getting the headlight checked from an authorised service station - the housing might be damaged. I had a similar problem with my old Swift once.
Old 15th September 2008, 14:33   #5
BHPian

Dear friends, dont you have someone you can recommend. I had another accident - driver rear view mirror came-off.

Thanks
Old 15th September 2008, 19:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

@amitsingh, this is OT but I had a dent in the exact same spot .. and it happened twice. wonder if that corner is unlucky
Old 15th September 2008, 19:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
@amitsingh, this is OT but I had a dent in the exact same spot .. and it happened twice. wonder if that corner is unlucky
Damn

And we drive the exact same car too. color is also same.

i've switched engine oil to synthetic. engine noise dropped by 70% - really helped

amit
Old 15th September 2008, 19:55   #8
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I got my zen overcoated for about 22k with metal work (replacing rusted pieces.)
The quality of work was good.

The car was given to our family mechanic (something like a family doctor...hehehe) to "Ahura Garage" at Bandra.
Old 25th September 2008, 12:16   #9
BHPian

Try Gautam at carmodernize( colaba ), he is a little expensive but work is Fantastic. 9820148747
Old 6th October 2008, 10:03   #10
BHPian

I got my fender-dent, fixed and repainted. Liked the work, and sharing mechanic details

Dent removal and repainting with black metallic paint cost 1400

Narayan 98692 67205 (cell) / 95251 456710 (res)

Mention the name Durai (my driver) - this guy will immediately recognize. And give good rate.

The problem is, he's deep in Dharavi. Hard to find. So he even comes to your home, or a reasonable location (sion, matunga, bkc etc). He'll give a quote and do pick-up and drop too.

Durga Auto Garage - Narayanan 98692 67205 - excellent car body work, paint, dent removal, workshop
Old 4th December 2009, 10:26   #11
BHPian

Any more suggestions for dent repair, touch-up for scratches etc? Also, I have a gash in my aftermarket bumper, which is one of those fiber bumpers. Anybody know where to get that fixed?

I live in Bandra, but anything close by will also work.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:26   #12
BHPian

@theEnd, did you connect with Narayan? suggested above. I was curious, how was experience?
Old 6th December 2009, 10:35   #13
BHPian

@amitsingh08 - I didn't. I wasn't very excited about the prospect of heading into the depths of Dharavi (no offense to anyone from there).
Old 10th February 2012, 11:12   #14
BHPian

Re: Painting and Body Work Shops in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I need to get some minor paint touch up work done on my car, before the rains. Mostly on the front bumper and fender. What are good workshops who'd do a reasonable job of paint touch up, without charging the earth, the sky and everything in between. Workshops like Mazda Motors and some MUL workshops are good, but I do not want to spend 3k painting a bumper. Also, I would prefer it if the workshop is within Mumbai city limits.
I have exactly the same question now. I am looking for some shop close to Goregaon.
My 5 month old Figo is now scarred with a couple of big scratches and one small scratch, and also one small dent.

Is it better to give it to the authorized service center for repairs or to some other body shop? I don't want to spend too much. Please suggest.
Old 11th February 2012, 14:55   #15
BHPian

Re: Painting and Body Work Shops in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I have exactly the same question now. I am looking for some shop close to Goregaon.
My 5 month old Figo is now scarred with a couple of big scratches and one small scratch, and also one small dent.

Is it better to give it to the authorized service center for repairs or to some other body shop? I don't want to spend too much. Please suggest.
There are only authorised workshops in goregaon and malad area. i don't know of any good body shop in goregaon. Better you get it done from authorised centre if the cost is not too high. If you want information for unauthorised ones pm me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks