Team-BHP - Spoiler for Palio 1.2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Spoiler for Palio 1.2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/24680-spoiler-palio-1-2-a.html)

I want to get a spoiler for my Palio 1.2 , the same one which comes with a 1.6 sports (not the S10 one). I asked the guys at Vivek Autimobiles about it and the spoiler was available. The problem I am facing now is how to get it fixed. Guy who own a 1.2/1.6 sports and GTX would know that their rear windscreen has holes for bolting the spoiler. The guys at Vivek are telling me that they will fix the spoiler without the holes by drilling two holes in the body(on the rear top left and right side) and will do some JUGAD and there would be no problem. But, I wanted the spoiler to be fixed in the same way as it is done in the GTX and sports models. There guys here are saying that its not possible to drill holes in the windscreen as these holes are there at the time the glass is cast. I was wondering whether its possible to drill holes in the rear windscreen so that I can get the spoiler fitted in the OEM way.
I know of some Bhpians who have done this in the 1.2s . Guys please guide me how to go about it. Also the painting charges they are quoting are Rs 1500 and the spoiler is costing me Rs 4500. Is it reasonable (The colour of my car is moon mist grey.). Are the painting charges more for metallic colours.
I also want to know if there are aftermarket spoilers (fibre not metallic ones) are available for a palio.

Guys some one .... come on..

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishibravo (Post 455529)
The problem I am facing now is how to get it fixed. Guy who own a 1.2/1.6 sports and GTX would know that their rear windscreen has holes for bolting the spoiler. The guys at Vivek are telling me that they will fix the spoiler without the holes by drilling two holes in the body(on the rear top left and right side) and will do some JUGAD and there would be no problem. But, I wanted the spoiler to be fixed in the same way as it is done in the GTX and sports models.

I was wondering whether its possible to drill holes in the rear windscreen so that I can get the spoiler fitted in the OEM way.

I dont think its possible to 'drill' holes on Safety Glass. The chaps at Vivek are probably right - you may have to replace your rear windscreen too if you insist on a similar fitment.

Why go into all that trouble just for a spoiler?

Hi Rishi, Is the Spoiler supplied by Vivek Auto an Fiat OEM Spoiler?
I had fitted a OEM Spoiler on my Palio 1.2 last year, but no drilling on Windshield was done, they just fitted it using clamps at both the ends.
And the cost including painting was around Rs.4500/-.

You can see my Palio with Spoiler in my Photo Gallery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 455965)
I dont think its possible to 'drill' holes on Safety Glass. The chaps at Vivek are probably right - you may have to replace your rear windscreen too if you insist on a similar fitment.

Why go into all that trouble just for a spoiler?

If I have to replace the windscreen as well then the total budget will be around 12k which is a lot for a spoiler .Guess now I am going to regret not buying a 1.6

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 455972)
Hi Rishi, Is the Spoiler supplied by Vivek Auto an Fiat OEM Spoiler?
I had fitted a OEM Spoiler on my Palio 1.2 last year, but no drilling on Windshield was done, they just fitted it using clamps at both the ends.
And the cost including painting was around Rs.4500/-.

You can see my Palio with Spoiler in my Photo Gallery.

Yes the spoiler supplied by the Vivek Auto is an OEM spoiler, but they are quoting around 4500 (without painting ) and an additional 1500 bucks for paint job .They are also saying that they would fit it using clamps but i was wondering whether the support on the windscreen (which wont be bolted in my case ) would vibrate.
:mad:

4500 is high dude,i got my OE spoiler for 2500 including pait job man on my 1.2,not from a local garage here in pune

Would like to fit a spoiler in Palio 1.2 Nv.

Not the customs ones which Fiat offers.

Suggestions please!!

Mod's Note: Search for an existing thread before opening a new one. Chances are high that someone would have asked the same question before you. There is no point in opening threads on the same old topics again and again.

Threads merged.

FIAT doesnt offer you a custom spoiler. Its the same for all the Palios (S10 being an exception). you have to be a little clear here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 (Post 571277)
Would like to fit a spoiler in Palio 1.2 Nv.

Not the customs ones which Fiat offers.

Suggestions please!!

Hi Rishi, About 6 months back i enquired about fitting a GTX spoiler on my 1.2 at Atil Auto.. They quoted 1700 without paint. But as there are no holes they told that will require a jugaad job and it will start to rattle. So dropped the idea..

Man even i regret sometimes for not going for the 1.6 GTX...

the orginal spoiler from showroom costs 16k which has those holes on the windscreen in the other hand you can get it from any perfomance or accessory shop for 2-2.5k.

The problem here is that without the rear windscreen with the holes it is not a good idea to go for the OEM spoiler. So if you want to get it fitted in the proper way then you have to get your rear windscreen changed as you cant drill holes in safety glass so it becomes an expensive affair that ways . The aftermarket spoilers may be a good option but the OEM without holes in the windscreen will invariably start rattling and might even fly off at time (I know of one such incident )