Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 18:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I dont think the gasket blew, it was some I/E finger or something else though my memory fails to serve me.
Too many things that went wrong:
1) Turbo water hose pipe blew
2) That led to all the water being pumped
3) That led to a rev happy engine which in turn led to a lifter breaking
4) And also got a leak in one of the cylinders leading to a head gasket.

Cant trust those pipes anymore blew a fuel line a couple of days ago. Seesh all that for a few miserly hunderd bucks.

By the way I drove back the car to bangalore the next day and it still runs great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Tunerji, its about time you put up some new pics I say!
What pics they are already on the garage

@jomz: One lifts off the accelerator, leading to the bov releasing the excessive pressure and the engine creates vaccum quicker than you can think of.

@jk: what about mclaren who took some 3 hours to cover 40 km that night.

@iraghava: so you providing fuel(97 oct), parts, service all the way to delhi
Old 8th June 2007, 19:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

..this is turning into one fun thread..

Godfather
Old 8th June 2007, 19:16   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:

Eh, I am slow. I drive a stock car (see my gallery for specs ) . I drive fast only on a go-karting track or a race track. Btw, it took me 1hr that night to get you insane guys coffee from the middle of nowhere at some odd 2:30 in the night. Be grateful.

Ishaan, what you need to provide him with is unlimited time to get to delhi, not petrol, maybe a carton of ultra milds, and a good expressway where he can stick to his 80km/hr limit. Buss. Yes, what you can do is get him 2 bacardi's with that bull drink. And he will happily let you drive his car and will navigate too saying "Floor it floor it". What more can you have asked for? Besides after that will be the best fun you have ever had with him.

Uncleji, I meant some new pics of the car. Eyes are turning sore just as some other parts of the body are wanting more power from your G13B. Make us proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather
What does one expect when the title of the thread reads "Totally Psyched Out"?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th June 2007 at 19:21.
Old 8th June 2007, 19:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

Godfather
Quote:
Besides after that will be the best fun you have ever had with him.
See..i am telling you this is one fun thread.. What fun are you talking about here..

Godfather
Old 8th June 2007, 21:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

ADS...aaaah...ok..see, ICE vice, na...no comprende...understand only basic watt/amp/blah blah...need to update vocab...

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
A BOV is ofcourse designed to not stress the turbo charger. It works in case the engine does not require the air..
Which is everytime you shut the throttle under boost. For example, while shifting gears. When the TB is closed, the I/T charge needs to be vented to prevent backpressure into the compressor/impeller end...
Old 9th June 2007, 00:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Since.everyone's raving about the car let me state that its not my cup of tea in its current state of tune.

Low end torque is insane and IMHO wasted on wheelspins. Waste of good rubber too.

Its set up for quick launches so that Mr Used Engine Oil Da Jawaab Nahin can get to his favourite cruise speed as fast as possible, and stay there. That's 120 kmph in the blink of an eye.

The car is capable of more - it was glued to the road at 180 kmph ++, but took a while (comparatively) to get to 180 from 120. I would prefer more top-end, but hey I don't own the car.

BTW_Turbo whistle does not seem to exist on this psychotic ride.
Old 9th June 2007, 00:29   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
What fun are you talking about here..

Godfather
This fun can only be witnessed specially with iceman around. However we do have a small demo and lots of stories to tell but off the forum.

Interestingly, I seem to have observed this in the brief period I got to drive her. Car has no traction whatsoever in 1st gear. It leap frogs to the right at the press of the throttle. However on shifting gears if one is more than 65% throttle car actually doesn't feel incredibly fast. However gradually go on the throttle after shifting using part throttle say from 30% onwards and you get showed back into the seat. Acceleration feels much quicker this way.

On the last nandi hills drive car was clocking a top speed of 200. Keshav, last time I sat in the car since the e-manage install there was pronounce turbo whistle. What happened?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th June 2007 at 00:30.
Old 9th June 2007, 00:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However on shifting gears if one is more than 65% throttle car actually doesn't feel incredibly fast. However gradually go on the throttle after shifting using part throttle say from 30% onwards and you get showed back into the seat. Acceleration feels much quicker this way.
Hello! One would like to drive without reading an instruction manual.
Old 9th June 2007, 02:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

You old people were drunk. The car has a pronounced turbo whistle and all its pumps whine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
A turbo will not spool air at idle..A properly designed Turbo charger need not have a BOV..
IMHO, both of your statements are factually incorrect. Can you empirically justify them?
Old 9th June 2007, 10:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
:

@jomz: One lifts off the accelerator, leading to the bov releasing the excessive pressure and the engine creates vaccum quicker than you can think of.
THE BOV is set for 7 psi in your daily drive right??? So anything less that 7 psi.. the BOV closes.. Does the throttle plate seal the 7 psi from the manifold completely??... I feel some air will leak through the plate.. Otherwise regular engines when accelerator lifter off.. they'll stall...

Still do you get enough vaccum...???

In Turboed diesel Engines.. I've never seen vaccum inside Manifold... But of course they don't have BOV and throttle plates....
Old 9th June 2007, 15:33   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice (and hilarious) thread.

Quote:
Psycho - NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. Get a bigger car and turbo it! Way to go, man!
Atleast he let go of the Contessa. How much of time and $$$ can you put behind an impossibly slow car? The Esteem is a good car for straight line speed.

Quote:
While I'm about it, I have to mention the suspension setup which insulated us from the road very well, quite unlike an Esteem and quite unlike any small car. Went off the road on a couple of occassions and didnt feel much. Unbelievable.
Aha, Psychos "magic potion" suspension systems. Look forward to one on my Vtec sometime soon.
Old 9th June 2007, 17:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz
In Turboed diesel Engines.. I've never seen vaccum inside Manifold...
Diesel engines run booster vacuum, via a pump mounted at alternator shaft-rear end.

And if you notice, there's a bypass in the petrol manifolds after the TB. That's for the idle circuit. Technically, air is never sealed off from the manifold completely.

Also, you need not derive vacuum from the manifold, specifically; there're other routes...

Last edited by veyron1 : 9th June 2007 at 17:36.
Old 9th June 2007, 19:01   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Lmao! Gosh! Where is the red haired Yeti when you need him?
I'm here. And I have goldeny brown hair if you please.

I too have sat in psycho's car when he drove fast. There were many brightly lit dials. When he was describing the stuff in his car, he had a gleam in his eye. In both eyes actually and they were pointing in different directions. He drove very quick, but it was not unsafe.

I liked his ICE, it was very good.
Old 9th June 2007, 19:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

NIce ride Psycho, i visit your gallery quite often and oogle at the specs.

Quote:
I liked his ICE, it was very good.
There goes the engine vengine guys
Old 9th June 2007, 23:47   #45
Team-BHP Support

psychoji, what do you have as your boost controller? or is it a secret? something fishy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks