Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 18:23   #1
BHPian

Accent Viva CRDI- Need the chrome blackened

Hi Guys,
I drive a white Viva CRDI and am pretty sick of its boring looking front grill. I feel the chrome contradicts the sporty look of the car. Any ideas on how to blacken the chrome so that the rim of the grill would have the same matt black finish as the rest? I'm also unsure how that would look. So any photoshop help would be appreciated.
Old 13th June 2007, 18:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you get the viva bumper instead...looks really good. I had it on my accent.

Drifter
Old 13th June 2007, 20:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Why don't you get the viva bumper instead...looks really good. I had it on my accent.

Drifter

Hey Drifter

He says he already drives a VIVA Is it a typo ? The VIVA comes with the same bumper as the ACCENT at least it does now, earlier it used to be different though
Old 13th June 2007, 20:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hey Drifter

He says he already drives a VIVA Is it a typo ? The VIVA comes with the same bumper as the ACCENT at least it does now, earlier it used to be different though

the viva crdi uses the same bumper as the normal accent but the 1.6 petrol viva comes with a different bumper

check drifters gallery to have a look at the viva bumper
Old 14th June 2007, 13:00   #5
BHPian

Guys,
Manikjeet is right. The Viva petrol's bumper is different from the Viva diesel's. The Viva CRDI uses the same bumper as the normal accent. I don't think just getting the Viva petrol's grill would help. I would need to change the entire bumper. I thought a quick fix to my chrome aversion would be to paint the chrome black. Wondering if that would be possible.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes you would have to change the entire bumper, and if i remember correctly it costs about 5k in Mumbai without painting+3k for the round fogs+2k for the metal railing on which the bumper mounts.

I dont think painting it would look nice. The chrome looks much better in my opinion.

Drifter
Old 14th June 2007, 13:45   #7
BHPian

midlifecrisis-before painting you can check it out by stickering it black , if it looks good go for paintjob if not retain chrome.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:46   #8
BHPian

the accent bumper spoils the otherwise sporty-ness of viva.....just replacing the grill wont much make difference. the design of the air dam louvers and housing for round fogs in case of Viva petrol bumper looks subtle....

IMO change the whole bumper itself (knock knock.....claim insurance !!!)

Last edited by zakaaaaasss : 14th June 2007 at 13:47.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:35   #9
BHPian

i own Viva CRDI and like the chrome grill on it.. Color of the car is real earth.Are u making the whole bumper black? Dunno but combination of white car with black bumper aint looking good to me... reminds of the Indica car (taxi) version of or LX cars in India which have black bumpers..
Old 14th June 2007, 17:41   #10
BHPian

desigNation: Yeah, I think thats a good idea
Zakaaasss: I should've thought of this earlier. (hate using emoticons, but couldn't resist this one) I AM expecting a new bumper through insurance, but its already been painted and its the regular accent's bumper. Damn! I should've struck a deal with the garage with the fogs as their gain in the deal.
Rishisuri: I just want the chrome rim on the grill blackened, dude. Hate chrome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks