Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 21:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
hey Guys, I was just wondering if there is a way of finding out the damage to the Rear Defogger?
What I mean by this is, if its a bright sunny day, I have my car parked at the basement, what can I do to check if the defogger is working? How can I get the "Mist" formation on the rear glass to check the Defogger?
Use a dryer to heat the rear windshield from inside and pour cold water on the outer surface to get the Mist and then test the de-fogger. This ain't my own idea, it's TBHP knowledge.
Old 19th October 2010, 10:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Sohail and tsk for those tips. Will try that during this weekend to check it the defoggers are working.
I had the tints on my car installed by 3M Dealers, so hope it should still be intact.
Old 4th September 2012, 15:27   #48
BHPian

Defogger Damaged after Sunfilm Removal - Suggestions pls!

Hi BHPians,

My rear defogger got damaged after the removal of sunfilms. The service center guys tells me that I need to replace the rear glass which I dont intend to.

The bottom 2-3 lines are heating up, the rest on the top doesnt. Clearly there is some damage/break in these lines.

So what I need to know is:
1. Is there a way to repair this?
2. If yes can you point me towards a reliable person/shop in and around Cochin where I can get this done?
3. I saw some DIY kits on the net and on team-bhp. How good are these? Has anyone used these and if so which one do you suggest?

Really appreciate if you could provide suggestions at the earliest.

Mods, please dont merge this thread with other similar topics because I have specific queries.

Thanks in advance

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

e.g. Type You instead of u, type Because instead of 'coz

This has been corrected this time around.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2012 at 11:37. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 15:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Defogger Damaged after Sunfilm Removal - Suggestions pls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgeox View Post
Really appreciate if you could provide suggestions at the earliest.
I don't have answers to your 3 questions; however, if you don't use that feature very frequently, why bother spending time, effort & money on repairing or replacing it? Even when you eventually sell the car, hardly anyone is going to notice that unless you yourself tell them, right?

Of course, if you do use it a lot, then my advice is superfluous. In that case, wish you Good Luck with finding the solution!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th September 2012, 15:43   #50
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2012 at 11:38.
Old 4th September 2012, 15:43   #51
BANNED

There is a way which I have used. First switch on the heater and go over the wires with a multimeter set to dcV, with the terminals about an inch apart. This way you will locate the break. Now try and get some silver paint (I guess aluminium should also do). Now put two strips of sellotape on either side of the track. Make sure the heater is not energized. The fill the break / gap with the silver paint applying a few layers. Allow to dry thoroughly, remove he sellotape carefully, and it should work. I have done this in the UK with my Peugeot 205 1round 1990 and it did work.
sgiitk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 20:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
There is a way which I have used. First switch on the heater and go over the wires with a multimeter set to dcV, with the terminals about an inch apart. This way you will locate the break. Now try and get some silver paint (I guess aluminium should also do). Now put two strips of sellotape on either side of the track. Make sure the heater is not energized. The fill the break / gap with the silver paint applying a few layers. Allow to dry thoroughly, remove he sellotape carefully, and it should work. I have done this in the UK with my Peugeot 205 1round 1990 and it did work.
Thanks Sir!
So lemme try it out.

If others has used any other product or know any person who can do this near cochin...let me know.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Great info Sir!

Can you specify what exactly is aluminium / silver paint is? Where can i buy them?

TIA!
Old 4th September 2012, 21:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...m-fitting.html

I suppose this is the reverse scenario.
if the guy who removed your film used a blade, then your defogger is busted for sure. Did you see how it was removed ?
Old 4th September 2012, 23:08   #55
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2012 at 11:39.
Old 5th September 2012, 09:24   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Great info Sir!

Can you specify what exactly is aluminium / silver paint is? Where can i buy them?

TIA!
I was in the Department of Physics. So Silver Paint was a regular thing used for putting contacts on various things for measurement. So I just pinched a bit. The paint is basically metal dust in an clear lacquer (or something like that). The powered forms a track / contacts. Aluminium enamel paint is used for painting metal mesh (esp. fly-proof netting). Most stuff is in a double can - a large can of the lacquer, and a small can of the powder (normally on the same can Kangaroo style). You mix the two and use. Maybe the percentage of the powder can be increased for this work.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 02:52   #57
BHPian

Re: Defogger not working / damaged after sun film fitting

what would be the cost of replacing the rear windscreen with defogger for honda city type1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks