Team-BHP - Defogger not working / damaged after sun film fitting
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Defogger not working / damaged after sun film fitting (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/25170-defogger-not-working-damaged-after-sun-film-fitting.html)

I had got sun film fitted at an accessory shop in our NHC recently. One of the rear sections was not fitted properly, so went back to get it rectified. The film is fine now, but while driving back in the evening I switched on the rear defogger because the windows were misting up in the humid conditions.
Curiously, the section of window where the film was refitted was not getting defogged... the rest of it was fine. Got out of the car and touched the glass - the section in question was not warm like the others.

Is this possibly due to damaging of those defogger wires during installation? Has anyone experienced this before?

While refitting the gy must have damaged the defogger strips. If he has used a cutter to reposition then could have slashed the strip thus breaking the circuit.

Get it checked by an electrician and then nail the film walla..

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 468998)
I had got sun film fitted at an accessory shop in our NHC recently. One of the rear sections was not fitted properly, so went back to get it rectified. The film is fine now, but while driving back in the evening I switched on the rear defogger because the windows were misting up in the humid conditions.
Curiously, the section of window where the film was refitted was not getting defogged... the rest of it was fine. Got out of the car and touched the glass - the section in question was not warm like the others.

Is this possibly due to damaging of those defogger wires during installation? Has anyone experienced this before?

@ razor - NHC? NHC? When the h@#$ did you get the NHC?
The filmy guy must have damaged the defogger strips. Or, there could be a fuse problem too. Take the car to Windsor asap.

Quote:

there could be a fuse problem too
Huh..how can a fuse effect a part of the defogger ?
are there muliple fuses for the defogger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 469168)
@ razor - NHC? NHC? When the h@#$ did you get the NHC?
The filmy guy must have damaged the defogger strips. Or, there could be a fuse problem too. Take the car to Windsor asap.

It may not be the fuse if part of the Defogger is partially working.......the FILM installer has damaged a strip or the connecting wire. Need to have it checked by the dealer - sooner the better lest he says he never did your car in the first place.

Hope it gets sorted soon.
Cheers

actually while fitting films they remove the connectors to fit the films most of the times they forget to put it back so its not working. i have faced this way back in 2001. should be simple to put back think u can do it too mate.

@ jesal - Here in Calcutta the film guys generally do not remove the connectors. They just paste the film over everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 469273)
@ jesal - Here in Calcutta the film guys generally do not remove the connectors. They just paste the film over everything.

correct, they don't remove any connectors. and in any case, that would have stopped the whole unit from functioning, and not just a section of it.

have spoken to the film-installer... he is looking into the matter.

@shuvd: its a VTEC :) and i have another surprise! will tell u when i see u.

@ razor - Hmmm... NHC VTEC. Dude, you could have done better! Surprise? You mean a mean looking CRV na :Cheering:?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 469306)
@ razor - Hmmm... NHC VTEC. Dude, you could have done better! Surprise? You mean a mean looking CRV na :Cheering:?

Bingo!
And NHC VTEC isn't that bad dude. You'll be surprised at how well it can do :)

prolly cut one of the lines that is why if you get film on the rear screen get it put from the outside !!

this is same risk that i would have had to take if i had to stick film on my car. There was some glue on the rear windscreen and the film guy told me that we would have to scrap the glue off, but we would risk cutting the de-mister wire. So I decided not to take the risk and hence, no sunfilm on my rear windscreen

Hi guys,
I have a chevy spark and got sun film installed from Sundaram Motors, bangalore. Sun film brand is Aarmour
Gard.
Sunfilms were not installed properly and there are many air bubbles on all the films. Warranty is 2 and half years and i asked the sundaram guy to get them replaced.

After replacing sunfilm on rear windscreen, i can see that defogger lines are erased/missing in between. I brought to the notice of dealer and they said no problem with the lines.

I have attached pics of the defogger lines. Please let me know whether lines are really damaged or not. If this is the case then i will ask for a replacement of rear windscreen from GM.

To me it appears as damaged. Make somebody sit inside the rear seat and ask to breathe heavy towards the rear screen. Pour some real cold water on the rear screen from outside. In short create the 'Titanic' effect that was done in the ship's hold by you know who...!

Now start the defogger and see if it dries out the mist. If it does, then relax...

@gd1418,
Today i will try the stuff you mentioned.
That was a nice example of a scene in titanic. Really liked it :D