Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 18:53   #16
BHPian

How would the chasis hold up if one plonks in an esteem mpfi? Also is it possible to reflash the zen ecu to handle the esteem engine? Do both the cars use the same sensors?
Old 18th June 2007, 21:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

All these questions will be answered by your tuner dude.Ive heard his work is pretty good.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
How would the chasis hold up if one plonks in an esteem mpfi? Also is it possible to reflash the zen ecu to handle the esteem engine? Do both the cars use the same sensors?
you will have to use esteem brakes to stop then better tires for the handling and also the esteem or the zen cannot be flashed.
Old 19th June 2007, 08:51   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I suggest you talk to your tuner (??) first and figure out what exactly he has in store for you. Also, you need to make up your mind asto how much you want to spend and what margin of gains you are looking at?
Old 19th June 2007, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

the first thing that you need to ask yourself: WHAT do you want to achieve rather than HOW you want to achieve it?

Do you, for example, want to win next year's speed run? Or you just want a docile car that you can drive in city traffic everyday without breaking a sweat?

First decide that, and then come back with your questions. And oh, consult your tuner to see how much it costs to do what you want to achieve
Old 20th June 2007, 01:40   #21
BHPian

No speed runs for me!!
Am looking for a fast zen. A totally driveable car. As for the swap, am looking for options. I'll start thinking about it seriously after another year or so as car is just over a year old.
Tuner?? Am in Goa. Its all DIY with the help of my mechanic and fellow bhpian!
Old 20th June 2007, 05:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

In that case, you'd be better off (and much happier) doing a carb Esteem swap. I've been told the engine fits directly into a zen and no cutting or welding is involved. Search the board for details.

What I do know for a first-hand fact is that a well setup carb Esteem engine is just about as quick as anything else on the road thats naturally aspirated. If you have the skills for a fuel-injected engine, go ahead. But the gains wont be much more than a well-tuned carb engine. You might gain a little bit in trouble-free starts and good running under all conditions, but not much in terms of hp.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
-hand fact is that a well setup carb Esteem engine is just about as quick as anything else on the road thats naturally aspirated. If you have the skills for a fuel-injected engine, go ahead. But the gains wont be much more than a well-tuned carb engine. You might gain a little bit in trouble-free starts and good running under all conditions, but not much in terms of hp.
65 hp to 85 hp, that's a lot in terms of hp. And MPFI is actually easier to set up, because it's all plug and play. No jetting, rejetting, all that. Easier if you have everything intact, that is.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
65 hp to 85 hp, that's a lot in terms of hp. And MPFI is actually easier to set up, because it's all plug and play. No jetting, rejetting, all that. Easier if you have everything intact, that is.
is the mpfi also a bolt on and what about the baleno and twin cam engines.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
65 hp to 85 hp, that's a lot in terms of hp. And MPFI is actually easier to set up,
OT- How much would an MPFI Esteem engine cost?
Old 20th June 2007, 21:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you saying that an MPFI esteem engine is capable of 65 to 85 hp more than a carb with the same internal components but with something like twin Weber DCOEs or R1 carbs? I think not. You'd need IR throttle bodies to achieve the same throttle response and peak hp. Probably as tough to tune as webers anyway. Anyone who disagrees is welcome for a ride in my Dolphin once it is ready.

Also v1p3r can you point me to a source from which you got those numbers.

EDIT: for his application of course he wouldnt need Weber DCOEs. Maybe twin mikunis are enough.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 20th June 2007 at 21:17.
Old 20th June 2007, 21:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Are you saying that an MPFI esteem engine is capable of 65 to 85 hp more than a carb with the same internal components
I'm saying that the stock carb G13 is 65 hp and the stock MPFI G13 is 85 hp, in India. That's a lot of hp. Relax!

Pawan, the DOHC G13 has the same mounts. Not sure about the G16. Stumpy can answer that.
Old 20th June 2007, 21:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

i apologize. im getting a bit rusty.
Old 20th June 2007, 23:38   #29
BHPian

Also heard that the g10 and g13 blocks are the same. The heads, pistons, etc are different. Is that true?
Old 21st June 2007, 14:44   #30

i will be basically be driving my car in and around my area,so yes...i want a car which should be fast and at the same time driveable on the city roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks