Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:09   #16
BHPian

Got mine replaced at Bimal's for 1200 Rs (June 2007). The outer shroud cracked on impact and I ended up getting the whole thing replaced.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

seems like rear view replacement month even i replaced my right side rrview mirror....costed me 2700(motorised) with the painting..

mine is palio adventure...

was told the the *** guys that if the outer cover is intact the glass can be changed....
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
For Swift, its around 1500/-, though not sure of SX4. Can it be so high as 7000/-?
I'm not surprised as the Baleno ORVM itself costs 5300 Rs. And these are electrically adjustable mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Yeah - you'll need to replace the entire RVM unit - its an integrated piece. I learnt this last week when a charming 3 wheeler goods-carrier swerved into my path to avoid a pothole on his side of the road, swiped my right ORVM and shattered the mirror while the casing remained intact.

My subsequent descent towards the poverty line : Rs 1400.
Details: New MGA right OVRM at Mandovi Service Station, Bannerghatta Road.
Mag, have you checked in JC road ? As they used to have just the mirrors and would cost around 200-300 Rs only. I've done it for my Zen before and if only the mirror is shattered and the mirror holder is intact then it can easily be fitted.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post

Mag, have you checked in JC road ? As they used to have just the mirrors and would cost around 200-300 Rs only. I've done it for my Zen before and if only the mirror is shattered and the mirror holder is intact then it can easily be fitted.
As a rule I avoid JC Road and its wares. But for such minor things, I'll keep it in mind -thanks.
Old 30th October 2008, 10:21   #20
BHPian

I got it!

I was looking around General Patters road yesterday as I had gone to get speakers for my brother in law's wagonR duo, when I found Mahavir motors have shifted to the same KGPlaza as CATS(JBL distributors for Chennai). I tried my luck at Mahavir motors and asked for the ORVM cowl. They had cowls for most of the cars. I found one for the swift, but it was not my car's colour(sunset copper). They told I can get it painted . I got it for just 300!

Thanks for all the support. I like it in here!!cheers:
Old 11th February 2011, 21:06   #21
BHPian

Swift ORVM glass stolen

Hi Folks,

Last night I had went out for dinner and when I came back to my car, the RHS ORVM glass was missing. My friend had actually warned me of parking the car where I did, but i just ignored him . Someone flicked it while we were having dinner.

Now, today I went to MASS and they said I have to replace the whole freaking ORVM and just the glass was not available. I am being quoted 1400 for the whole thing and I presume they would charge more for painting it and labour. The guy at the store suggested me to try finding a local one at some shop outside. I managed to find one, it looked exactly the same as the OEM one. Since it was just 100 bucks I decided to give it a shot. But this one is way low in quality and also does not give the wide angle like the OEM one which I am so used to. The text on the mirror itself says " Objects in the mirror are same as they appear".

Can anyone suggest where can i get the orignal glass in Delhi without actually buying the whole damn ORVM.

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by bblost : 11th February 2011 at 22:28. Reason: Please refer forum rules on Smileys. Thanks.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift ORVM glass stolen

Try another MASS. I could get a glass alone for an Alto, not the ordinary one but the internally adjustable one from a MASS and the thing was an MGP and cost would be in the range of Rs 200 max. Try again.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:39   #23
BHPian

Check with another mass or the main parts distributor! I had a similar problem. Mass said its not available and gave me all that standard Jazz. I went to the stockiest as mass doesn’t sell parts over the counter and sat there till he called everyone concerned and found me a mirror! He was certain the part doesn’t come separately but i was adamant! Got it for around 382-392 bucks IIRC
Old 11th February 2011, 21:44   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs guys... I will go to other MASS tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Check with another mass or the main parts distributor! I had a similar problem. Mass said its not available and gave me all that standard Jazz. I went to the stockiest as mass doesn’t sell parts over the counter and sat there till he called everyone concerned and found me a mirror! He was certain the part doesn’t come separately but i was adamant! Got it for around 382-392 bucks IIRC
Thanks for the info James, the car in this case was a swift?

Last edited by revved_up : 11th February 2011 at 21:50.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:55   #25
Team-BHP Support

I am in the same boat, so eagerly awaiting the inputs.
Old 11th February 2011, 22:03   #26
BHPian

Eddy, to be specific I went to Galaxy Motors Tilak Nagar and they said I will have to buy the whole thing. I had to finally buy the fake one from Virender Nagar Market.
After reading the above posts I am hopeful that I might able to find one at MSSL Naraina.
Fingers Crossed.
Old 11th February 2011, 22:05   #27
Team-BHP Support

I spoke to Apra Gurgaon. They also said that I will have to buy the entire assembly but quoted only 1000.
Old 12th February 2011, 00:15   #28
BHPian

A similar case here.
I have i20 sportz. Recently a truck hit my right Electric-ORVM. The mirror is working fine but the cover(casing) is broken. Now I'm unable to find only the cover. HASS is quoting approx 6.5K for replacing the entire unit as only the cover is not available. Feel its a waste spending on it when the entire assembly is working fine. Any suggestions here?
Old 12th February 2011, 07:34   #29
BHPian

For Maruti, there are atleast 2 shops in Bangalore (Essar enterprises i think) which are Maruti authorised spare parts sales centers. Try to search such ones in Delhi, and check with them.

In Bangalore there is one in JC Road and one in Bommanahalli for Maruti. Unfortunately, dont know about other manufacturers.
Old 12th February 2011, 09:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi Folks,

Last night I had went out for dinner and when I came back to my car, the RHS ORVM glass was missing. My friend had actually warned me of parking the car where I did, but i just ignored him . Someone flicked it while we were having dinner.

Now, today I went to MASS and they said I have to replace the whole freaking ORVM and just the glass was not available. I am being quoted 1400 for the whole thing and I presume they would charge more for painting it and labour. The guy at the store suggested me to try finding a local one at some shop outside. I managed to find one, it looked exactly the same as the OEM one. Since it was just 100 bucks I decided to give it a shot. But this one is way low in quality and also does not give the wide angle like the OEM one which I am so used to. The text on the mirror itself says " Objects in the mirror are same as they appear".

Can anyone suggest where can i get the orignal glass in Delhi without actually buying the whole damn ORVM.

Thanks in anticipation.
Sorry to hear your issues.

I assume your OVRM shell (outside cover, functioning etc) are intact and no issues. And only the glass is the issue

Best for you will be if someone else (who has a shell broken) both of you can join and buy 1 part and:
- You take only the glass from that new part
- other person take the shell

If the above does not work out you can just replace the glass from the new part - you can use your current shell which is intact - isnt it? Thus you can avoid spening for painting, labor etc.

Or go to some place (like chor bazar kinds) where they sell such parts at low prices (now you know the actual price so you can bargain as well)

I wouldnt suggest you buy a local glass and use it - this is an important part and please dont compromise.

all the best

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks