Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 14:58   #31
BHPian

Thanks aditya. Will check him out.
Old 13th July 2007, 19:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Slipstream do you work in spencers? I keep seeing an esteem with letters slipstream on it.Cheers
oh yeah ! and i kept wondering who's red sfx that was ! its a small world aint it ? you have my number as a p.m...lets catch up at work sometime !

by the way, theres a red opel astra with blackened tail lamps at the spencers parking lot everyday.....any one of our clan ?
Old 13th July 2007, 23:27   #33
BHPian

I dont think so dude.....so which firm you with in spencers? There are quite a few cars in that parking lot which could belong to bhpians...wt say? Noticed few optras and lancers which are modded with ffe's and other stuff which are not of the best taste though.
Old 14th July 2007, 00:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Noticed few optras and lancers which are modded with ffe's and other stuff which are not of the best taste though.

Most probably they are not of BHPians though. surely.
Old 20th August 2015, 10:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sifa motors (TASC Chennai) - Feedback Requested

I was looking for a TASC to do my 80K service (timing belt change +suspension overhaul + the other changes) and to make sure my service records are updated in the Tata Motors CRM.
I've tried the Bagavathi MyTVS and come back pretty impressed (they did a better and cheaper job than Concorde or Ignite - though they took a fair amount of time & needed a lot of follow up ), and I've read good reviews of Sifa elsewhere - and that they have the same ownership as Bagavathi.

Any Bhpians have any experience with them?

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th August 2015 at 10:12.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:50   #36
BHPian

re: Sifa motors (TASC Chennai) - Feedback Requested

I have got my Vista serviced from them twice. I am not really impressed. I had some specific complaints which they claimed were fixed but were not really fixed. They also take a long time to attend a customer usually. I have seen only 2 SAs there.

Apart from the above, they are good for regular service. If you have specific complaints, they may need a lot of push.

Their body shop is good though. They did a neat job of fixing and painting a door damage at a reasonable 4.8k.

BTW, where is the Bagavathi MyTVS you are talking about.
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 14:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sifa motors (TASC Chennai) - Feedback Requested

Bagavathi MyTVS is at santhoshapuram, on the Velachery Tambaram Road.

It has the same set of problems you mentioned about SIFA - they have only 1 SA, and for my specific Issue, they needed a hell of a lot of push, follow up visits, and I had to literally eat the SA's head , and my car was there for almost 2 weeks, but in the end, they were able to solve it, and at a very reasonable cost.

Competence & Dedication - That's what matters to me. I had Jerking & Vibrations in 2nd/3rd Gear & a check engine light which would show up under a specific set of conditions - 4th/5th Gear, after at least 10-15 minutes of running, while decelerating after hard acceleration. Most Service centres are polite & have a quick turn around, but mostly try to dance around complex issues such as this one which required a fair amount of time to troubleshoot. They either Ignore it (concorde) or say that it's expected for older cars like mine (Ignite).

These guys at least bothered about it, and it took them a while to nail it, but more importantly, were able to do something about it.

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th August 2015 at 14:28.
greenhorn is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 14:33   #38
BHPian

Well, from what I see you are ok with following up and pushing them. You can go ahead with SIFA.

In SIFA they behave like they know the cause of the problem before even you could explain it fully. They claim it can be fixed easily but it becomes similar to a placebo at the end.

Since you already have eaten the SA's head at Bagavathi, he should know you well. Why don't you do it there itself ?

Last edited by para_7k : 20th August 2015 at 14:38.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good workshop in Chennai?

I went there because it was a FIP related issue, which is Lucas TVS's domain - Even a TASC would have to send it to Lucas TVS and kept my car till my pump went and came back after diagnosis.

But in this case, I think a Decent TASC would be better equipped to do something like a suspension overhaul/ Alternator issues etc
Old 12th October 2015, 18:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Bagavathi MyTVS is at santhoshapuram, on the Velachery Tambaram Road.

It has the same set of problems you mentioned about SIFA - they have only 1 SA, and for my specific Issue, they needed a hell of a lot of push, follow up visits, and I had to literally eat the SA's head , and my car was there for almost 2 weeks, but in the end, they were able to solve it, and at a very reasonable cost.

Competence & Dedication - That's what matters to me. I had Jerking & Vibrations in 2nd/3rd Gear & a check engine light which would show up under a specific set of conditions - 4th/5th Gear, after at least 10-15 minutes of running, while decelerating after hard acceleration. Most Service centres are polite & have a quick turn around, but mostly try to dance around complex issues such as this one which required a fair amount of time to troubleshoot. They either Ignore it (concorde) or say that it's expected for older cars like mine (Ignite).

These guys at least bothered about it, and it took them a while to nail it, but more importantly, were able to do something about it.
Greenhorn. Vijay who owns Bhagavathy Autoworks was a partner in SIFA when it started but he has now exited the venture. I have pretty good experience with them and your feedback is on the dot. Though over crowded, Vijay goes the extra mile to address issues even though it may take some time.

My list of repairs

a) Sticky dashboard on my earlier Getz. They initially suggested repainting the dashboard but later they figured out a treatment with a plastic primer would do the trick, they saved me cost on painting

b) Had quite a few of my friends got their body panels painted at fraction of cost. My other friend services his Vista regularly and is happy

c) For my Swift, I had got my Swift windshield, clutch assembly, suspension link rod replacement, adding metallic sleeves on the break caliper pins (which were making a racket and MASS kept greasing or replacing the pin for the issue to appear again). Recently got my 50k service done for 3000 odd bucks (usual 10k sevice at MSM used to cost me around 6000 odd bucks.

I was thinking about creating a separate entry for them in the directory section but did not find the time to take some photographs and do a proper job.

Some other positives
1) They have tie up with all OE suppliers through the my tvs network and they get the spares as the same cost.
2) The owner is educated, customer focused and an enthusiast himself. The guy knows his stuff.
3) Does not advise unnecessary and unwanted changes on the car.
4) Has a body shop including a paint booth
5) Cost is reasonable (especially parts are on par with OE MRP). Service charges are also fine.
6) If you own a Tata, your service history is recorded as it is a Tata authorized service point.
7) Also deals with accessories, body and interiors mods

Some of the negatives
a) Overcrowded and 1 or 2 day delays possible
b) Charges slightly more for the Shell helix ultra (Rs 1300/liter) in case you opt for synthetic oil
c) Only one SA (actually the workshop manager) and there is dependency on the owner.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 18:00   #41
BHPian

I own a Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2009 done 96000kms. The car needs Clutch Assembly replacement. Sundaram Motors where I have been doing regular service have quoted nearly Rs.90,000/-.

I want to do the Clutch Assembly replacement from outside as the spare parts cost Rs. 40,000/- only.

Anyone can recommend a good mechanic in and around Central Chennai(Egmore/Prusailwalkam/T Nagar) etc.
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:26   #42

Hello there, looking for a good independent workshop around Anna Nagar. Found Satish's Top Gear from google but could not find a working number from the forum or internet. Could any of you share it please?

I am looking for somebody to fix water leaking into a Santro XL and the KUN Hyundai team seem to suggest that some hood beading isn't available. I think a good independent workshop might help my in-laws find the problem and fix it. I'd recommend to change the 2006 Santro but they don't seem to use the car as this one has done some 8000 kilo meters in 15 years! What's the point in buying a new car.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
hey, u're welcome man ! glad to know ur car's rocking now !

I had suggested Top Gear to redsfx as well in my previous post

Cheers,

J
Old 23rd August 2021, 13:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benew View Post
Hello there, looking for a good independent workshop around Anna Nagar. Found Satish's Top Gear from google but could not find a working number from the forum or internet. Could any of you share it please?

I am looking for somebody to fix water leaking into a Santro XL and the KUN Hyundai team seem to suggest that some hood beading isn't available. I think a good independent workshop might help my in-laws find the problem and fix it. I'd recommend to change the 2006 Santro but they don't seem to use the car as this one has done some 8000 kilo meters in 15 years! What's the point in buying a new car.....
Looks like you have disabled your Private Message option. Was trying to send you Satish's number
slipstream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:29   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
Looks like you have disabled your Private Message option. Was trying to send you Satish's number
Thanks a ton slipstream, could you try again please? I see a message that super admin allowed the private quoted message from you. The quote notification PM is set to ON and I cannot see any other setting that I can turn on/off to allow private messages.
Old 21st February 2022, 18:45   #45
BHPian

Any Independent Mechanic Out there for Ford Ikon 1.6's? I'm giving mine to Expert Spanners and they seem reluctant to go part searching.

I need a mechanic who can diagnose my failed fuel guage and can fix it, be it the pump or the sender. any input would be great.

Most Viewed