Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 10:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

For those who may be interested, a link for the Skoda picture - pardon the picture quality

Cheers

Picasa Web Albums - Rakesh - 3 Cars

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st June 2007 at 10:49.
Old 21st June 2007, 11:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

With remap , the car is no more stock , it will void warranty ?
To make it stock u have to again remap it ?
With the petes or any other box , you just disconnect it and you are back to stock again .

If the remaped ECU fails u are stuck , but with the petes or any other box ,if it goes wrong, remove it and u can drive home ....isnt it ?

Last edited by black12rr : 21st June 2007 at 11:34.
Old 21st June 2007, 15:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
With remap , the car is no more stock , it will void warranty ?
To make it stock u have to again remap it ?
With the petes or any other box , you just disconnect it and you are back to stock again .

If the remaped ECU fails u are stuck , but with the petes or any other box ,if it goes wrong, remove it and u can drive home ....isnt it ?

I think you got it spot on, except when the car is past its 2 year warranty. There is no warranty to worry about.

As for the pros & cons of the Pete's box. Surely that (Pete's Box) is very safe - plug & play , remove when you want & back to stock. But let me say that the remapping software is developed after serious R & D. It is done for even much more expensive cars like the Merc & BMW. so I guess one can trust the remap as well.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I think you got it spot on, except when the car is past its 2 year warranty. There is no warranty to worry about.

As for the pros & cons of the Pete's box. Surely that (Pete's Box) is very safe - plug & play , remove when you want & back to stock. But let me say that the remapping software is developed after serious R & D. It is done for even much more expensive cars like the Merc & BMW. so I guess one can trust the remap as well.
Ofcourse you can trust both. Either way it is brought to you by Pete's.

Enjoy your ride,
Rgds
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post
Ofcourse you can trust both. Either way it is brought to you by Pete's.

Enjoy your ride,
Rgds

Hey Peter

Do you think adding a FFE will do any more good to the already G R E A T performance enhancement ?

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:00   #36
BHPian

We have fixed a few Milltek's on the 1.9TD. The differece is there ofcourse but we have not been able to substantiate the differnece in comparision with the amount spent. I would personally not go in for a FFE unless I wanted the car to sound a bit stronger. You dont get the sound of the RS with a Milltek but it is close.

Rgds
Old 22nd June 2007, 18:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post
We have fixed a few Milltek's on the 1.9TD. The differece is there ofcourse but we have not been able to substantiate the differnece in comparision with the amount spent. I would personally not go in for a FFE unless I wanted the car to sound a bit stronger. You dont get the sound of the RS with a Milltek but it is close.

Rgds

Thanks Peter !! Staying with stock exhaust for now. Don't want my Octavia to growl. I have my Lancer fro the growling role What about the stock replacement filter or a conical air filter ? Is that going to add a lot of power surge ? I doubt it - I am running stock filter right now - it's actually run only 4k kms since replacement. What is your reccomendation ?

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 22nd June 2007 at 18:37.
Old 22nd June 2007, 19:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thanks Peter !! Staying with stock exhaust for now. Don't want my Octavia to growl. I have my Lancer fro the growling role What about the stock replacement filter or a conical air filter ? Is that going to add a lot of power surge ? I doubt it - I am running stock filter right now - it's actually run only 4k kms since replacement. What is your reccomendation ?
A direct replacement filter will defenitely chnage the complete characteristics of your car. That is something I think you should have defenitely done when doing the remap. 100% recommended and necessary for the car to run better especailly when chipped.. You'll feel the diff right away.

TAke care
Old 24th June 2007, 14:07   #39
BHPian

Hello,

I had a few small queries.
Are remaps available for Chevrolet Diesel engines as well?
Why would you *lose* a remap if you go back to a stock remap?
My understanding is its a kind of firmware.
You can write and rewrite it a million times; unless the ECU itself has a rewrite limit which is unlikely.
What kind of benefit vis-a-vis petrol engines would air-filter replacement provide in diesels?
Old 24th June 2007, 15:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Hello,

I had a few small queries.
Are remaps available for Chevrolet Diesel engines as well?
Why would you *lose* a remap if you go back to a stock remap?
My understanding is its a kind of firmware.
You can write and rewrite it a million times; unless the ECU itself has a rewrite limit which is unlikely.
What kind of benefit vis-a-vis petrol engines would air-filter replacement provide in diesels?

I think remaps or TUNEBOXES for the Optra Magnum are on the anvil. You can PM turboindia for details. The remap as per my understanding is a software program, so in the event of going back (rewriting) the sowftwre on the ECU the remap would be written over & hence lost. The airfilter as I understand is only complimenting the performance for the remapped engine.

Hope this helps address your querry.

Cheers
Old 25th June 2007, 01:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Is ready remapping possible for smaller engined cars? Any details on who does them in South India? Will it void warranty?
A guy in banglore has expertised on it. He has posted a thread , it costs about 25k.
Old 25th June 2007, 02:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Can you please tell me where?
Old 25th June 2007, 02:08   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Can you please tell me where?
She is talking about Rdkarthik baba. Though he provides stand alones and not remaps.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
A guy in banglore has expertised on it. He has posted a thread , it costs about 25k.

Remap for 25k ??? Or are you talking about the tunebox ? Unless you are getting different & much cheaper remaps in the South - great if you are, though I doubt that the difference could be so high.
Old 25th June 2007, 11:48   #45
Team-BHP Support

Custom code sells the remap software for 300 UKP(Phase 1) as listed on their website. I am guessing its a software upgrade only?

Most Viewed