Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 10:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia View Post
You cannot have both the remap and the TB running together. The specs are wrongly written too. Must be the guys at the stall did not know much.

That car runs a Pete's Performance remap at around 130 BHP. Has a Milltek Exhaust, a Forge Front Mount Intercooler with a Carbonio Intake and TArox brakes.

It does not have a Turbo Intake pipe or a diverter valve which is used in only the Petrol cars.

Rgds

@ Turboindia

Thanks for the clarification. Did thing there was something amiss there. But tell me why is this re-map getting 130 BHP vs my car which is re-mapped with the Stage 1 software & is said to be running 120 BHP, does this car have a Stage 2 ?? Have the injectors been changed ??

Thanks
Old 18th March 2008, 00:19   #107
Senior - BHPian

pete, can u tell me the advantage of a remap over a tuningbox? Also, once a remap is done can it be converted back into stock tune??
Old 18th March 2008, 10:56   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@ Turboindia

Thanks for the clarification. Did thing there was something amiss there. But tell me why is this re-map getting 130 BHP vs my car which is re-mapped with the Stage 1 software & is said to be running 120 BHP, does this car have a Stage 2 ?? Have the injectors been changed ??

Thanks
This car runs a Carbonio Intake and a Milltek Exhaust. As you can see you can hardly get 10 BHP more with this upgrade so we usually tell our customers not to do it. Not worth the extra money spent.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
pete, can u tell me the advantage of a remap over a tuningbox? Also, once a remap is done can it be converted back into stock tune??
The tuning box mainly modifies only the Fuel map in the car whereas the remap modifies different maps like the fueling, boost, timing etc therfore giving you better control of the tuning and hence allowing you to tune up more to give more performance.
Old 18th March 2008, 12:01   #110
BHPian

TurboIndia,

Can we do a remap for Elantra CRDI. if yes how many BHP, torque is generated. I already have a petes box and i am in need of more power.
Old 18th March 2008, 12:50   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
TurboIndia,

Can we do a remap for Elantra CRDI. if yes how many BHP, torque is generated. I already have a petes box and i am in need of more power.
Sorry we cannot remap the Elantra. Only the tuning box. You cannot do anything more on that car.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

The car has logged 42k on the odo & I noticed a very slight cut on the front tyre. Though the life of the tyres is 40% - I decided to change them - as I am keeping the car on a long term basis.

Options

Yokohama A drive R1
Bridgestone MY 01
Yokohama C drive,

The R1 is at INR 6300/- & the Bridgestone MY 01 @ 5500/- or thereabouts

WHAT SAY

Cheers
Old 13th January 2010, 13:15   #113
BHPian

how much are the C Drives? are you on 16" rims?
Old 17th April 2010, 18:34   #114
Senior - BHPian

After the new tyres. The car is getting a part-suspension job. There were these odd sounds (thakk thakk thud thud) on bad roads.

The struts are fine. The top mounts were the culprit, as also the "chimta bushes" which had developed cracks, so they have also been changed.

Should be getting the car back today. Mileage done 46K. Guess she'd be good for a while now.

Cheers
Old 18th April 2010, 15:36   #115
Senior - BHPian

The car is now driving great. Thanks Phil. Forgot to mention that the rear power window had given way, so had that replaced as well.

New windshield put in (Windshield Experts Home Service), put in new windshield wipers as well, as the older ones had hardened up

So far so good

Cheers
Old 14th May 2010, 22:04   #116
Senior - BHPian

New struts at 47K !! Maybe the 225/45/17's are to blame !! The car now rides like it did when she was new.

I think this is the only car that I have had for 5 years+ & still going strong. The best part is I still want to keep it, because it still drives beautifully !

Cheers
Old 25th May 2010, 19:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

I think I said too much too soon. The rear window glass lifter gave way yesterday. So that is 2 window lifters in 2-3 months. I find it a little weird, but the fact is it happened.

Fortunately the part was in stock, as the Skoda workshop said "yeh to toot te rehta hai" (this part keeps breaking) To me that was strange, as my car is 5 years old & it happened for the first time.

Anyway, got it replaced - 30 minutes flat & service was fast & courteous !! What happened to Skoda ?? Maybe they are turning a new leaf...

Total cost inclusive of labour & taxes INR 4055/-

Cheers
Old 17th November 2010, 11:18   #118
Senior - BHPian

Was wondering if after spending all that I did in the recent past, I should be looking at the Yeti ? The Octavia is driven by wifey & hence hardly ever crosses the 70-80 kmph mark.

Though have yet to see the Yeti in flesh, wondering if it makes sense at all. Other than the fact that it is going to be a "change" spending an extra 10 !@#$%^&*

Let's see what reviews we get from user's, though Rehaan's review pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Time to take a look. What would the Octy go for ? Any idea, I was thinking around 6, considering that she has everything in perfect order.

Cheers
Old 7th December 2010, 22:09   #119
Senior - BHPian

Nope the Octy stays with me. She drives like a dream, is frugal & solid.

Bye bye Yeti

Cheers
Old 15th December 2010, 22:04   #120
BHPian

Re: Remapped Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi

During my recent visit to Bangalore I came across EngineCAL - Customized calibration. I was offered a ride in a remapped Octavia 1.9.

There is huge change between a ride in normal mode and remapped mode. The car responds very very quickly and there is hardly any lag. I was also told that the engine speed is held steady for a very brief moment when the clutch is disengaged to make a gear shift. This ensures that there is no loss in engine speed during gear shifts. More info can be had in their facebook link.

Most Viewed