Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 00:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Have to buy dealer-forced accessories | Which ones should I pick?

1. Seat Covers: Company fit is always preferred even if they are expensive than market.
2. Bumper Protection/Side Beading: Always better than aftermarket because they fit the contour exactly.
3. Cover: If you need one. I have seen company ones are usually good quality and don't affect the paint.
4. Dealership will have some random accessories which will cost same as aftermarket: Jopasu Duster, Perfume, Charger, etc

I changed my Seat Covers, Side Beading and Bumper Protectors to company original after the poor fit and quality of after market accessories. So I would highly recommend them. A seat cover especially is a very important accessory for Indian conditions, and I have a dog so I needed them anyhow.
Old 21st August 2022, 00:33   #32

I sailed the same boat 3 months ago! When all dealers in my city had a waiting period of 3 months for Venue SX Diesel MT pre facelift, one offered me to deliver it a month. And they did deliver my vehicle in 45 days.

They asked me to take a mandatory accessory package which had neck rest, leather tissue box and all the waste accessories that they generally offer as freebies. And will not change the package.

I had to call the Hyundai customer care, they called to the dealer and immediately the mandatory tag goes away + plus they said i am no longer required to take that accessory package.

But to give them business i did take an extended warranty 5yrs/1l kms which i away was planning to buy.

I also took SOT pack form an another dealer where i generally service my car.

mud flops- only accessory i took from the dealer

The list of accessories i bought out
Full floor mat
4d TPU mats
Transparent window tint sun control film

Pending items:
Car cover
Internal TPMS
Dashcam.
Old 13th September 2022, 20:28   #33

They take advantage of the customers lack of patience. I understand that the waiting times for Creta are insanely long, but by bowing down to the whims and fancies of the dealers we will only embolden them to keep raising these unjust demands. Who knows, one day we might hear about a dealer charging 1L extra for expedited delivery becoming the norm across the industry.

Actually I faced this in reality in Mumbai, If u want the Creta in 2 months then you can get but with min 1.25 L accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks