Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:26   #16

I have got an ikon at home. And I put up a body kit from a local workshop for about 20000 Rs including a new hood and spoiler. But honestly speaking, its the wheels and tyres that make the difference.
[url=http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010291nk8.jpg][/URL
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:34   #17

I got a body kit done for 20k including a new hood and spoiler. But honestly, its the wheels and tyres that make the difference.

Old 23rd November 2007, 17:50   #18
BHPian

Gunner...Thats awesome!!! Seriously. I believe you are in Trichur. Can you tell me from where you got that done from? I will in Cochin for a week starting Saturday and would like to check out that place.

Cheers
Sanju
Old 24th November 2007, 00:44   #19

I got it done at Central Motor works thats near east fort, trichur. Contact Johny on 9846075551. But be prepared to leave your car there for a few weeks if he agrees to pimp your ride!
Old 24th November 2007, 02:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well the spoiler which gunner has on his car is the Evo 5 Tommy Makinen Edition one,the evo 7 high deck spoilers would look real sweet on your car.A nice set of rims,tires should be top priority.

Akaik for 1500 bucks you can get only a GT wing,that too a cheap looking one.The Evo type spoilers in fiberglass cost a minimum of 5k.
Old 15th December 2007, 17:19   #21
BHPian

Stage ONE Begun

Stage One is modifying my Ikon just begun. Currently just changing the end muffler can. Quotation of 1.5 k including fitting. Getting it done on Tuesday ( 18th Dec). Upgrading to complete FFE in January. Went to Raj's workshop today. Interestingly saw a brand new SX4 being modded with a complete FFE from head to tail. Also a black CRV and a Zen.

Cheers
Sanju
Old 15th December 2007, 21:46   #22
BHPian

Akaik for 1500 bucks you can get only a GT wing,that too a cheap looking one.The Evo type spoilers in fiberglass cost a minimum of 5k.[/quote]

hey binz I am really interested in the evo type spoilers,is it possible to posts some pics of it.
Old 16th December 2007, 22:24   #23
BHPian

try chameleon and ss concepts in bangalore ... if you want the whole custom made that is.. or you could just spoilers ready made... right now my lancer is in ss concepts the bodykit finishes are really good. he does bodykits for all companies like bimal,white field honda,pratham, hyudai in sarjapur road...
Old 17th December 2007, 12:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
dude, a BIG NO for aura pleaseeeee, try other brands like OZ, enkei....go for 16" s....and wider tubeless tyres..but if you really wanna give a mean look...try getting SPINNERS..
16 inchers are too optimistic....you CANT fit 16s to any IKON without major modifications....and i still wont think it would be a good idea coz then ur car would look like a truck(ikons have a raised suspension)...So for 16 inchers then have to go for Konis or Eibachs to keep the suspension low.

My suggestion: go for 14 inchers or max 15 (though i would still not suggest it coz it would kill the steering)..
For alloy brands there are plenty of options available- HR,League,Plati,Aura,Neo,Kyowa,SM.Even Lenso has come up with a 14 incher.These brands have a wide variety and the price ranges from 15K to 25K.
External mods have to be minimalistic on an IKON..coz its not a very mod friendly car(i know coz i own an IKON and have tried mods).But you can go for front and rear fenders and side skirts.go for a good aftermarket exhaust(magnaflow,Remus) and a K&N filter and remember to use the stickers generously so everyone knows about what you did to ur car.and please avoid cheap stickering.a Ferrari IKON aint tasty to look at.

Hope this helps.I could suggest some more once i know whats ur budget and the level of mods you want to go for.

Thanks
Anshuman.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Any idea how much a new Ikon Front Bumper would cost? I am really bored of looking at the old Ikon bumpers and feel that the new one is cool.

If not the new one, i was planning to buy a custom made bumper from either Coimbatore or may be even from JC road in Bangalore. Would anyone suggest JC Road? Have never tried buying anything from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
I used to have a similar 2002 1.6 ZXI. I checked with Ford regarding the front bumpers and the cost they mentioned was around 35K for original parts. If you are able to check in the grey market you may get it for much less.
Hi Sanju,

The bumper including the paint costs only 9.5K. Dont provide wrong figures!
Old 17th December 2007, 15:25   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye View Post
try chameleon and ss concepts in bangalore ... if you want the whole custom made that is.. or you could just spoilers ready made... right now my lancer is in ss concepts the bodykit finishes are really good. he does bodykits for all companies like bimal,white field honda,pratham, hyudai in sarjapur road...

u can also try silver arrow....they are good for unique and good designs.....quality of wrk.awesome....try them too.....PM for the contact numbers....

Mod Edit: Avoid using un-necessary dots. Please check forum posting rules.
Old 17th December 2007, 16:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The bumper including the paint costs only 9.5K. Dont provide wrong figures!
I guess this is excluding the Fog Lamps!!!

Cheers
Sanju
Old 18th December 2007, 12:55   #28
BHPian

Custom made Muffler fitted today. Sound is awesome!!

Cheers
Sanju
Old 18th December 2007, 15:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

how about some pics?? sanju??
Old 18th December 2007, 16:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
how about some pics?? sanju??
Pictures to be uploaded soon. May be in a couple of days.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks