Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2008, 19:32   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Custom made Muffler fitted today. Sound is awesome!!

Cheers
Sanju
Hi Sanju,

Your car looks really nice. How much you paid for muffler and what all changes did you made under the hood?
Old 30th August 2008, 21:09   #77
BHPian

Muffler was made from Raj in Bangalore. Cost me around 1k.

No Changes made to anything under the hood yet.

Cheers
Sanju
Old 30th August 2008, 21:12   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
yes it sure does - my zxi has the OEM spoiler with holes in the boot lid.
Anyway i can see a snap of your spoiler in your car?

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 31st August 2008, 20:03   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Muffler was made from Raj in Bangalore. Cost me around 1k.

No Changes made to anything under the hood yet.

Cheers
Sanju
Thanks Sanju,

can I get any contact number, address. I stay in Jalahalli West, BEL. Besides, I want few more info like what kind of difference did you find after adding custome made muffler in your ikon? Will this change existing mileage/km? how much is the sound difference between factory fitted muffler and custome made. Sorry for my ignorance

Your response will be much appreciated

Regards,
IS
Old 31st August 2008, 22:02   #80
BHPian

Some nice and subtle work done, good job. All these external modifications now warrant some performance mods. Bite should be just as angry as the bark
Old 1st September 2008, 03:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
This is by far the best body kit(bumper) i have seen on the Ikon. The Ikon looks better with its stock bumpers and very little can be done to enhance it and i think it is beautiful the way it is.

i totally agree this is by far the best looking body kit for the ikon, i think it can do with smoked round fogs in those huge bumper spaces so that it goes unseen during the day and does its job at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ikon external modifications-best-looking-ikon.jpg  

Last edited by rider60 : 1st September 2008 at 03:49.
Old 1st September 2008, 20:40   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway i can see a snap of your spoiler in your car?

Cheers,
Sanju
i'll try to take a pic ASAP. but if you see any ikon with OEM spoiler you'll know, there are many around. it's basically 2 little holes towards either side around a cm in dia or maybe even slightly less. the car came with it fitted.

PS: what does the muffler do apart from change the sound? does it help the car breathe more freely? and a youtube vid with the sound would be sweet

Last edited by silver_shadow : 1st September 2008 at 20:41.
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:27   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz View Post
Thanks Sanju,

can I get any contact number, address. I stay in Jalahalli West, BEL. Besides, I want few more info like what kind of difference did you find after adding custome made muffler in your ikon? Will this change existing mileage/km? how much is the sound difference between factory fitted muffler and custome made. Sorry for my ignorance

Your response will be much appreciated

Regards,
IS
The muffler i got was from raj as mentioned in one of my post above. I have misplaced the phone number so i dont have it right now. But i sure do remember the place. When you come from Mekhri Circle towards TV towers, take the first left immediately after the TV tower. The workshop is situated in that road. Its not a big garage. Just a roadside one but they sure do make good FFEs and Mufflers. There is not much difference in power nor mileage after getting the custom made muffler. The complete FFE is needed for that. You can also opt for stainless steel muffler if you need good looks. The price difference is between 500 to 1000 rupees. Else you can get an imported Magnaflow muffler which are much more costlier than the custom made ones.

Quote:
PS: what does the muffler do apart from change the sound? does it help the car breathe more freely?
The muffler does not help much in helping the car breathe more freely. (A little bit may be as the S shaped old stock muffler was replaced by the straight muffler i have right now).I basically changed my stock muffler because it was rusted and needed to be replaced. The ultimate idea is to change it to a complete FFE from header till tail. This is just a temporary solution to the situation i had earlier.

Quote:
and a Youtube vid with the sound would be sweet
Will try for that - but i would prefer a complete FFE before i would do that.

Cheers,
Sanju

Last edited by sanju.sreekumar : 2nd September 2008 at 14:29. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:56   #84
BHPian

[quote=sanju.sreekumar;962124]The muffler i got was from raj as mentioned in one of my post above. I have misplaced the phone number so i dont have it right now. But i sure do remember the place. When you come from Mekhri Circle towards TV towers, take the first left immediately after the TV tower. The workshop is situated in that road. Its not a big garage. Just a roadside one but they sure do make good FFEs and Mufflers. There is not much difference in power nor mileage after getting the custom made muffler. The complete FFE is needed for that. You can also opt for stainless steel muffler if you need good looks. The price difference is between 500 to 1000 rupees. Else you can get an imported Magnaflow muffler which are much more costlier than the custom made ones.

Thanks man, I'll check tomorrow.
Old 6th September 2008, 00:44   #85
BHPian

Some cosmetic upgrades coming up for my car! I want your opinions on this! Pictures to be posted tomorrow after i get my car.

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 6th September 2008, 11:40   #86
BHPian

Waiting for the pics!! BTW what should we expect on the cosmetic front? Or you're hush hush! for now :-D
Old 6th September 2008, 11:44   #87
BHPian

I totally agree. IMHO, those wheels play hell with the car's overall proportions.
Wayyy too big.
But... whoever this car belongs to... that's my personal opinion. If you like the wheels and the way car rides, then that's all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I still feel the wheels look big for the car.
Old 24th November 2008, 18:06   #88
BHPian

I am thinking of replacing my cars bumpers.. bumpers are old and scratched a lot..also I am not sure weather to go for SXI bumpers or after market ones. Really liked the N1 bumper, but where can i get it done in Bangalore? how much would a N1 bumper cost?
Old 24th November 2008, 21:49   #89

whats happening sanju?? u were suppose to get cosmetic updates??
anything yet??
i currently got rid of my mesh grill in my ford ikon. its got that hollow look now. and those daylight LED's fixed.
i love the N1 racing bumper and also the mesh cuts really brings up the look of the hood, goes well together. anybody know where in bombay/pune is it available? i guess u gotta take that design and get it done from out here it self, if possible.
Old 25th November 2008, 04:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

@bug boy, can we have some pictures with the daylight LED in place?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks