Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 08:59   #106
Team-BHP Support

Sanju, i borrowed the bumper from the Bemmer in this pic.

Ford Ikon external modifications-268.jpg

Note to mods : Had to make a back-to-back post as i couldnt upolad the 2nd pic while editing.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:14   #107
BHPian

Benny - May be you can help me here. As you might have read in the previous posts in this thread, i am looking for a new bumper (something different and something that suits an Ikon). I have already bought a second bumper but not actually fitted it on to my car as i am looking for further options. If nothing is available i would go for what i have bought. Pointers recommended from you!

Cheers,
Sanju
Old 18th December 2008, 10:00   #108
Team-BHP Support

Sanju, since i havent gone mod-hunting for my car i am not rally sure of any places where you could get a different bumper for the Ikon. Do check out with Satya (blueraven), he may have some pointers. I feel it may end up being more expensive than the one you currently bought.
Old 18th December 2008, 13:22   #109

ANy idea how much they charge for the new flair bumpers... know of only one showroom which actually sells ford over here and that too is very far. The last time I had a word with a mechanic friend of mine he quoted me 25k for the sxi bumpers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
For alloys, you can probably check this thread if you like the alloys on my car!

For the bumpers, even i am looking for one! Actually i have the old kind of bumper with me right now, have bought a second hand bumper (Flair Model) and looking for options on painting. Also looking out for other kinds of bumpers that might suit an Ikon

Cheers
Sanju
Old 18th December 2008, 14:17   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5434 View Post
ANy idea how much they charge for the new flair bumpers... know of only one showroom which actually sells ford over here and that too is very far. The last time I had a word with a mechanic friend of mine he quoted me 25k for the sxi bumpers...
The new Flair Bumpers would cost you around 7k only. I got the second hand one for 2.5 k.
Old 30th December 2008, 09:57   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Benny - May be you can help me here. As you might have read in the previous posts in this thread, i am looking for a new bumper (something different and something that suits an Ikon). I have already bought a second bumper but not actually fitted it on to my car as i am looking for further options. If nothing is available i would go for what i have bought. Pointers recommended from you!

Cheers,
Sanju
@Sanju: Any update on the bumber change that you were speaking about? was it changed without any issues?
Old 30th December 2008, 13:43   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sanju, Did you check with Kit-up Automotive , Coimbatore ?

http://www.kitup.co.in/pictures/Ikon-Bodykit-1of2.jpg
Old 2nd January 2009, 16:43   #113
BHPian

Quote:
@Sanju: Any update on the bumber change that you were speaking about? was it changed without any issues?
I would get my car back on wednesday. Bumper change, polishing, O2 sensor replacement, wheel alignment, (may be a spolier as well but not decided on that yet) in the list of things to be done. I gave my car just yesterday and being worked upon by a guy who has opened up the garage just for working on his rally cars.

Quote:
@Sanju, Did you check with Kit-up Automotive , Coimbatore ?
I did check with them. But dropped the idea because 1) They had worked only on one Ikon before. 2) Price quoted to make a new one was way high above my budget. 3) Had to be a Coimbatore for a couple of days which is currently not possible.
Old 19th January 2009, 19:58   #114
BHPian

After a long wait, i finally got some work done on my car. Just back from the garage. The new bumper has been painted and waiting to be fitted. All patch work complete. Bought new OE round fog lamps. And the service also completed with regular oil change and other fluid fill up. Will post pics soon. Car due for delivery tomorrow.
Old 19th January 2009, 22:34   #115
Team-BHP Support

Wondeful, Sanju. Looking forward to the pics.
Besides the bumper, what else did you get done?
Old 20th January 2009, 11:54   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Besides the bumper, what else did you get done?
New Rear mirrors, new labels all around (the current ones have all turned black), new front grill (the chrome one).

I still havent decided whether i need to go in for FFE and a new GT spolier. As of now, getting back my car today evening and then will think of those 2 options.
Old 20th January 2009, 19:17   #117
BHPian

OK here goes some snaps that i managed to get today when i went to the workshop. The worst part is the car is not yet delievered. Full body polish is still pending and it would be done only tomorrow. Actually i am quite frustrated that i havent got my car back today.

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00517.jpg

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00514.jpg

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00516.jpg
Old 21st January 2009, 20:04   #118
BHPian

Got ma car

OK here goes. I finally got my car delivered today. Snaps below. Sorry for the poor quality of pics as it was taken from my mobile and the light was dimming fast.

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00520.jpg

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00518.jpg

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00522.jpg
Old 21st January 2009, 21:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

looks good sanju. suggest you to stay away from the GT spoiler.
am planning to put a regular ikon spoiler, but matt blacked.
Old 21st January 2009, 21:51   #120
BHPian

Nice work with the new bumper Sanju. now all thats left is getting the B pillars blackened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks