Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 21:59   #121
Senior - BHPian

Good job there Sanju. Even I'd suggest you go for a Ikon Spoiler. The ones that we see on Balenos and OHC.
Old 21st January 2009, 22:07   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
Nice work with the new bumper Sanju. now all thats left is getting the B pillars blackened.

Thanks audiophile. B pillars to be blackened this saturday. Also front windscreen film on the agenda along with new High Security Number plates.

Header and spoiler plans postponed for another 2 months atleast due to budget constraints.

Detailed bill to follow. Actually spend much more than expected. Would like everyone's advice on the cost these guys charged me.
Old 21st January 2009, 22:30   #123
BHPian

Ok here is the bill below.

Detailed Bill.xls

Please let me know your comments.
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:11   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
looks good sanju. suggest you to stay away from the GT spoiler.
I have just asked Autofusion Bangalore for a quote on the GT Spoiler. Let me see what they come back with.
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:45   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Sanju, that looks a neat job.
Isn't that a standard front bumper ?
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:03   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Isn't that a standard front bumper ?
Yes it is. I never liked the old bumper that i had. Also it was proving too tough to get a different kind of bumper. And i always felt the SXI bumper always looked good on an Ikon.

Btw, you wanted to check my car out. I am free this weekend.
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:12   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Yes it is. I never liked the old bumper that i had. Also it was proving too tough to get a different kind of bumper. And i always felt the SXI bumper always looked good on an Ikon.
I truly agree, and glad to see that you have implemented the very first of my suggestions to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Btw, you wanted to check my car out. I am free this weekend.
Let me know when this happens, i also want to check out your car.
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:44   #128
BHPian

OT : I will be in JC Road tomorrow till afternoon and then would go to Marathahalli to play badminton. I have a slot booked from 2-3 tomorrow afternoon. So i am sure i would be there. Please PM me in case benny and condor are game for this.
Old 26th January 2009, 18:26   #129
BHPian

B Pillar blackended

Guys, got the B pillar blackened today. Also some windscreen sticker. please let me know you comments

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00524.jpg

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00525.jpg

Ford Ikon external modifications-dsc00529.jpg
Old 26th January 2009, 20:51   #130
BHPian

Sanju, good effort there with the beautification! Looking good, especially the front bumper.

I think that the windscreen sticker takes it OTT, but that's just my personal opinion And I suggest against putting a GT spoiler. You can get a more conventional one.

Also, the tail pipe looks rusty, get it painted matt black (high temp paint) or use a chrome end tip.
Old 26th January 2009, 22:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

sanju, your car looks sweet!!
oh and the bill seems quite ok.
Old 26th January 2009, 23:43   #132
Senior - BHPian

Looks neat. Ford Racing ? Hmmm

Even I am against the GT spoilers. Atleast not those clothes hanger ones. Try for something subtle
Old 27th January 2009, 10:51   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Sanju, good effort there with the beautification! Looking good, especially the front bumper..
Thanks ankit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Also, the tail pipe looks rusty, get it painted matt black (high temp paint) or use a chrome end tip.
For the moment i am not touching that. I am planning a complete FFE in the near future, so the current ones will go as soon as that comes in.

Currently, i have an urgent technical issue to be resolved. I had posted the same in the Technical Stuff Section but got no reply.

As mentioned, in the detailed bill, i have replaced the O2 sensor for a new one. I am having major problems with my idling. After a cold start, the moment i reach the first speedbreaker or i need to slow down, the engine shuts off completely. This happens till the first few kms. Later on, when the engine is warm enough, i do have the same problem although the engine does not shut off completely, rpm goes down to as low as 400rpm and the engine oil light also glows at the same time. Things get worse when i switch on the A/C. I have been advised my most mechanics that this might be because of a faulty O2 sensor and thats the reason why i replaced it. My questions below:

1) Is it really the O2 sensor thats the culprit here?
2) I went back to the mechanic who replaced the O2 sensor and he asked me to run for around 50 kms before the ECU remaps to the new O2 sensor. I have run almost 150kms since the new installation but nothing has changed yet.
3) Was it important to do a basic ECM reset after replacing the O2 sensor? Is it too late now, can i still do it.
4) Other possible causes for this?

For the Free Flow, i presume Raj is the best place to get it done in Bangalore. Have anyone heard of any new places that have come up for FFE?

And yes, the search still goes on for the appropriate spolier. I am not in a hurry though.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:14   #134
BHPian

sanju sreekumar-the windshield sticker looks too loud,try 2 get a smaller one or better if theres no sticker there.i personally dont like too dark tinted paper,would have looked more classier if the tint was much lighter.otherwise car looks great.
Old 27th January 2009, 13:08   #135
BHPian

Sanju it's not late to reset the ECU. Remove the negative and leave it overnight.

Get a good tuning and timing of the engine afterward. The RPM fluctuation should then be rectified.

Most Viewed