Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 14:31   #46
BHPian

I would also suggest the same thing, I got woofer rings installed in my car for around 2k, worked for 3 months and that was the end of it,

Do something else for your car or better off, For yourself.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:13   #47
vidvai

I am about to install a white street glow blueline kit in my zen in the next couple of days...got it from the US for about 125$..

@everyone asking about the musical lights: street glow makes a music interface and sells it for around 25$$, i had ordered one..but car domain screwed up my shipment..i am sure, if u search hard enough for it you will be able to find it here also..or else..if anyone has any relatives coming down...just ask them to get it..

i wanted to know, does anyone know how i can make my zen headlights clear instead of the normal hazy glass that is there..i have installed streetglow xenons and want the glass to be clear instead of hazy...will replacing the glass do or do i have to replace the reflector as well?

thanks!

Old 26th July 2007, 19:14   #48
vidvai

Oh, and yeah, forgot to mention, i also have 2 10" black neons (streetglow) installed inside in the roof of my zen...and believe me..they work... :-)

Old 26th July 2007, 19:49   #49
BHPian

Here's something which I got for my ride..These are wireless remote colour changing neons and pattern changing too.I got these for 8k (Set of 4), The best part is the pulsating mode...As my car is black so any colour suits to it and looks awesome when my strobe lights and pulsating mode is on.Will post the video also in few mins..

Old 26th July 2007, 19:57   #50
BHPian

This is the link to my ride's video

Last edited by carlover84 : 26th July 2007 at 19:59.
Old 26th July 2007, 23:14   #51
BHPian

Looks awesome. Have you fixed the strobe light in the headlight or under the body. I could not see it. What is the brand of that neon ?
Old 27th July 2007, 00:19   #52
BHPian

I dont know the brand as they were brought to me by a friend from Uk....and the strobes are installed in the headlights but sorry to say i forgot to open them while shooting this video....watever is the brand of my neons, they are awesome and attract everyone on any colour or any pattern.....
Old 19th October 2008, 00:19   #53
BANNED

Under body chassis LED lighting for Fiesta

Hi,

I am looking for under body LED lighting for my Fiesta...can someone help me with some info.

a) which is the best product? (some brand name to recognize as most of the ones I saw are made in china..)

b) Where would I get a reliable one at right price in chennai?

Thanks!!!

Gopal
Old 11th October 2009, 04:43   #54
BHPian

Hi,
i know this post is too late, but you can have a look at what i have done with my Fiesta.
Attached Thumbnails
Underglow neon-dsc00064.jpg  

Underglow neon-dsc00813-medium.jpg  

Old 11th October 2009, 18:32   #55
BHPian

here's a video link on you tube of my ford underbody lights

Old 11th October 2009, 20:03   #56
Senior - BHPian

There are neons which glow on the sides, and there are the ones which illminate the entire underbody and flows just to the sides. The latter looks spectacular and brilliant. Something like @carlover has on this page minus the pulsating mode. The illumination should be all round. Only side illumination looks incomplete IMHO. Really depnds on person to person.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:00   #57
BHPian

I was looking for underbody neon's for my swift. Found it in one of the stores in bangalore. After looking at the neon tube, I didnt want to put it as I am scared that it may break when something hits it. The quality of the outside glass was almost like the normal tube light.

There are many horrible speed breakers in bangalore. They are so horrible that with full load, the bottom of the car touches the speed breaker.

Also, outside Bangalore, there are lots of gravel road. So the loose gravel might hit the neon and break it.

So I am wondering if its worth spending 2k + for this and drive with fear that this may break when crossing speed bumps?
Old 11th October 2009, 22:16   #58
BHPian

Abhishek ji,
try the L.E.D. Based underbody kit, or make it on own, L.E.D. will more shock proof and will be much cheaper.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:18   #59
BHPian

Re: Underglow neon

I had installed 12" CFL tubes in the underbody on either side which did provide a similiar effect of the fiesta in this thread. The advantage of CFL over neon is that a pair of CFLs cost only Rs 380. It normally lasts for an year.

Recently my second set (in two years) got fused and I went to replace them. But I was not able to source one since most of the dealers have stopped stocking it and are advising me to go for LED rolls which according to them is the in-thing nowadays. It costs Rs1600 for 5 meters.

However I find the LEDs are not at all bright and destroys the look.

Does anyone know where to get blue CFLs in Chennai? I tried some 5 shops in GP road.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:45   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Underglow neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I had installed 12" CFL tubes in the underbody on either side which did provide a similiar effect of the fiesta in this thread. The advantage of CFL over neon is that a pair of CFLs cost only Rs 380. It normally lasts for an year.

Recently my second set (in two years) got fused and I went to replace them. But I was not able to source one since most of the dealers have stopped stocking it and are advising me to go for LED rolls which according to them is the in-thing nowadays. It costs Rs1600 for 5 meters.

However I find the LEDs are not at all bright and destroys the look.

Does anyone know where to get blue CFLs in Chennai? I tried some 5 shops in GP road.
I had installed CFL tubes in my Ikon 7 years back and it was imported from Malaysia. It was rare here and people used to approach me asking me the details. It was very bright and it was easily noticeable. Sadly no pics since I used it only for a year before selling off the car. Came around 3.5k that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks