Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 13:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Im a DIY guy and experiment a lot.
Come to the next chennai meet(we're having one this weekend) and find out for urself.Keep checking the meet threads often.
My filter is right behind the left headlight.
Old 11th July 2007, 14:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Just got my Green for an unbelievable price!
Viper do you mean you got a Petes Green filter.. Thats the only Green filter I can think of.

Speaking of Petes.. do they have a little black box (Petes Tuning box) for MPFI petrol engines as well?

I know they have one for 20k-30k which can be fitted on a Octy, Merc CDI and the likes... what about for a Petrol car?
Old 11th July 2007, 14:43   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speaking of Petes.. do they have a little black box (Petes Tuning box) for MPFI petrol engines as well?
They dont have for petrol vehicles but have performance parts like exhausts and filters for them.
Old 11th July 2007, 17:36   #79
BHPian

Guys stop talking and start posting pics.
Old 11th July 2007, 19:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Pl let me know where it is available so cheap as well. It used to be this price but PJ Speed the importer/distributor in Chennai increased his prices and also currently has no stock.

Viper
Had got the quote from pjspeed about 3 months ago. I guess i got a news update now .
Old 13th July 2007, 23:44   #81
BHPian

Check out this one:

K & N Filer Installation on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 17th July 2007, 18:13   #82
BHPian

How much would the universal k&n with the flange cost? Which k&n should I go for(cylindrical, conical, etc..) ?
Old 29th July 2007, 02:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
How much would the universal k&n with the flange cost? Which k&n should I go for(cylindrical, conical, etc..) ?
I suggest the Universal conical filter - 0950 or the smaller 0350 (its a smaller universal, however will serve the purpose)

Filter with flange and fitting should not be more than 5900 Rs

For Chennai Boys I suggest going to ECR and stopping at PJs shop after Mayajal for Reactive SF100 filter which is just as good as the KnN however lesser priced. about 3.5 - 4k entire set up done.
Old 29th July 2007, 13:55   #84
BHPian

I have seen this setup on Santro xing in Munnar.
Old 29th July 2007, 19:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
whts the model no of this filter? Looks small compared to mine.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:35   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
whts the model no of this filter? Looks small compared to mine.

I dont know the model number but I liked the way it was installed. Driver of the car was clamming that he had touched 180 with this setup (I couldn't believe that). Planning to get it install on my Xing. If you have similar setup please share your experience.
Old 30th July 2007, 01:33   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know the model number but I liked the way it was installed. Driver of the car was clamming that he had touched 180 with this setup (I couldn't believe that). Planning to get it install on my Xing. If you have similar setup please share your experience.
I have a similar setup in my Santro. Check out my gallery for a pic.
It's not the ideal setup to be honest, given that it sucks in a good amount of hot air. But you don't really have too many options in the cramped Santro engine bay.
That said, it's done a good job so far, and I'm happy with the increased pep in the engine. Pickup and top speed have both improved. I have gone past 160 with this setup.

The person who claimed he did 180 in a Santro with just that filter is talking crap. If he has some other serious mods under the hood, then maybe...
Old 30th July 2007, 02:32   #88
BHPian

Can somebody suggest me the best air filter setup for Swift, with pics if possible??

Thanks in advance,

Vijay
Old 30th July 2007, 10:58   #89

Quote:
A hot air setup like this one will not give you any noticeable benefits other than the cool sound of a louder intake. Hotter air is less dense than cool air which leads to a loss in performance, so whatever reductions in flow restriction you achieve are offset by less air molecules entering your engine. If you're driving in traffic at slow speeds, your engine bay gets very hot due to the lack of air flow. I would rather have a well designed OEM intake than a K&N cone filter that is drawing in hot engine compartment air.

Also, some people think that you can run your engine without an air filter. I would not advise it under any circumstance. The potential for engine damage from dirt and sand is not worth the extra power.
Old 30th July 2007, 11:00   #90
vinfriend

Please suggest the k&n airfilter model number suitable for Maruti 800 STD 2001 Carb model and fitting pictures also if possible. Is it possible to use universal filter without much modifications to OE version and get same performance. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks