Team-BHP - car modification
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   car modification (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/25454-car-modification.html)

hi guys,
i have a alto-its a 2005 model. but am not happy with the pick up of the car inspite of proper servicing and maintainance. is there anything i could do to increase the performance and make it smoother.

which model is it and i too have an alto vxi 1.1 and it rocks....... maybe car gurus in this forum will be able to better assess your problem

i am not a car guru, but somewhere in one of the threads, i read that k&n air filter will increase the power a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by natasha16 (Post 476251)
hi guys,
i have a alto-its a 2005 model. but am not happy with the pick up of the car inspite of proper servicing and maintainance. is there anything i could do to increase the performance and make it smoother.

you could do some basic mods to increase the pick up of the car
1) you could get a K&N filter its about 4500(rough cost)
2) a complete exhaust job header and a ffe (10 k)
3) tri phase 9k+
4) try to get the rev limiter removed

these mod should do the job for you but if you are still not happy get a 1.1 l engine from a wagon R

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK (Post 480226)
which model is it and i too have an alto vxi 1.1 and it rocks....... maybe car gurus in this forum will be able to better assess your problem

i think the 1.1L was stopped in early 2004

If the car is well maintained and serviced it should be normal. A 800cc engine will never feel as powerful and torquey as a large engine. You could plonk in a performance air filter and FFE and take it from there. You feel the car to be more responsive.

@ Manikjeet- The tri-phase costs just 9k? Thought it was 21k. Also how does one move up the rev limiter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca (Post 480743)
@ Manikjeet- The tri-phase costs just 9k? Thought it was 21k. Also how does one move up the rev limiter?

i got the quote from HPS in mohali

as for rev limiter i have to still get it done maybe abhi will help you i will tell him to check this thread

i guess when natasha talks about pick up she means low-mid range and in no way would removing the rev limiter help that ! that would help in really pushoing the car all the time much like dragging(shifting as late as possible) and that would definately reduce the life of a stock engine ! so thats one mod i would'nt suggest unless you're into drag racing or don't care about the life of your engine!

i think a complete ffe should do it coupled with a k&n or similar filter! get the car breathing better and i think thats good enough !

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca (Post 480743)

Guys,

The Tri-Phase costs Rs13500/-(MRP) and not the other rates that are mentioned here.

Dont know where you guys get these figures from.

Viper

you should get headers done for low-mid range and get your self a good filter and free flow exhaust.

yes Manik! I have an ALTO VXI1.1 2003 model and it has a wagon r engine and that engine production for an alto was scrapped because it was eating into the wagon r and zen sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca (Post 480340)
If the car is well maintained and serviced it should be normal. A 800cc engine will never feel as powerful and torquey as a large engine. You could plonk in a performance air filter and FFE and take it from there. You feel the car to be more responsive.

hey thanx for the feedback. well a friend of mine did suggest a air filter K&N so i think will go ahead with that.....what about this FFE. do you get k&n cheap in goa??????? or should i get it from bombay or banglore

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK (Post 481015)
yes Manik! I have an ALTO VXI1.1 2003 model and it has a wagon r engine and that engine production for an alto was scrapped because it was eating into the wagon r and zen sales.

well mine is a lxi.... i think i will go ahead and put the air filter

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 480328)
you could do some basic mods to increase the pick up of the car
1) you could get a K&N filter its about 4500(rough cost)
2) a complete exhaust job header and a ffe (10 k)
3) tri phase 9k+
4) try to get the rev limiter removed

these mod should do the job for you but if you are still not happy get a 1.1 l engine from a wagon R

i think the 1.1L was stopped in early 2004

wat exactly does a tri phase do does it increase performance

yeah it does.. for more info on it read the tri-phase thread in the reviews section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by natasha16 (Post 484117)
hey thanx for the feedback. well a friend of mine did suggest a air filter K&N so i think will go ahead with that.....what about this FFE. do you get k&n cheap in goa??????? or should i get it from bombay or banglore

well mine is a lxi.... i think i will go ahead and put the air filter

You can keep ractive as an option as well. They are a lot cheaper. However not avalaible in Goa. Try to pm pjspeed to get a quote. I think the sf100 costs 1300.

@manikjeet- hoping abhibh. gets here quick to help us with the revlimiter. I am hoping that it is not set at the software level on the ecu.