Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 23:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Are the parts not easily available? and how much are they going to hurt in terms of cost? have heard that HM parts are quite reasonably priced, is that true?
Not easily available as I mentioned in the previous post. And not that reasonably priced either.
HM (read Amby) parts are available cheap, but not so Mitsubishi parts. The latter are in short supply and priced pretty high.
Old 19th July 2007, 23:51   #92
Senior - BHPian

Anyway whats the hurry, give it the time. However stiffening up the rear with stock front might not be a good handling proposition even for the first few days.

Not intending to hurt anyone, but Kolkata is such a black-hole in terms of anything fancy. I wonder whats the real reason, disinterested customers or culture that does not encourage materialism. I had a tough time repairing our Yamaha receiver in the end it was used as a shoe rack.

Last edited by 1100D : 19th July 2007 at 23:55.
Old 19th July 2007, 23:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor
2. Pedders shocks - these were supposed to be here a couple of weeks ago, but have not come in yet. Called up the guy and he said very nonchalantly that only the rear shocks have arrived... the fronts will take at least another week to come in. I am now debating whether to get only the rears fitted, and leave the stock suspension up front. Will fit the fronts when they come. But that's going to mean opening up the suspension again, which is something I want to avoid. On the other hand, a week is never really a week for this dude.... so not sure what to do.
Whom did u speak to?
Ill talk with him and see what can be done.
Old 20th July 2007, 00:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

Common Razor your almost there, neednot be in a hurry, the fruit is going to be real sweet so wait for the pedders to arrive, no use hurrying up things, i had to wait 2 additional months just for ABS Swift VDi, else i was getting it asap.
Old 20th July 2007, 00:30   #95
Senior - BHPian

@1100D, Busa : Hardly in a hurry, given that this kicked off in April!! I know that you cannot assign hard deadlines to such endeavours, and I have not. Whatever the delay, I have accepted it and moved on. But now it's not just about me. The Lancer has been occupying valuable floor space at the workshop for close to 2 months, and while there have been no grumbles yet, I think it's a matter of time before I get some subtle reminders... I want to avoid this situation.

Anirban, will keep your advice about the suspension in mind.

@nitrous: getting these from Krupesh Patel through his rep in Cal. Was told that the front shocks are stuck in Chennai and will take at least a week, probably longer to get here.

Last edited by razor4077 : 20th July 2007 at 00:31.
Old 20th July 2007, 11:31   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
The Lancer has been occupying valuable floor space at the workshop for close to 2 months, and while there have been no grumbles yet, I think it's a matter of time before I get some subtle reminders... I want to avoid this situation.
No problems there. Its a fellow teambhpian's workshop afterall!
Old 20th July 2007, 11:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

@ shuvd - but the thing is that the team BHPian never comes online.

@ razor - take your time - the project will be very good. 1100D's restoration project took almost 2 months and he was very happy to see the end result.

about Krupesh's guy in Cal - he hardly stays here (busy with racing / rallying @ coimbatore). he is happy with Electra's work but not all of his customers.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:09   #98
Senior - BHPian

@ razor

These kind of projects ALWAYS take more time than anticipated - patience my friend. I am sure the end result will be well worth it.

Cheers
Old 20th July 2007, 22:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Called up Krupesh's rep here, and did a bit of straight talking. Krupesh himself is not responding to my calls after saving my number. I've heard a lot about the good work that his company does, but I have not been happy with the interaction that I have had personally.

Anyway, I was assured that the shocks would be here on Thursday. Guess will have to hold on till then....

On a positive note, the spare parts for the engine have arrived. Will pick them up and head to the workshop tomorrow. Hopefully will be able to get the engine up and running tomorrow itself.
Old 21st July 2007, 21:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

Razor, Ur suspension parts are stuck with the chennai customs due to some change in their system. Krupesh told me that its the first time that this is happening. Ill keep in touch with him and update U as and when i know.

If everything is done, I'd suggest U run it with the stock suspension for a few days of the run-in.This way, u'll be able to feel the difference between the OE vs Pedders suspension.Just looking at the glass, half-full .
Old 21st July 2007, 21:57   #101
Senior - BHPian

Razor take it easy man, you're almost there. These things do take more time than actually alloted. I know your exitement knows no bounds but hold on brother. as they say the fruits of patience are always sweet. Cant wait to see pics and read a report of your car myself tough
Old 21st July 2007, 23:38   #102
BHPian

yep i agree with gogi, have patience man, Things tend to go out of control sometime and there nothing much you can do, i guess these are the testing phase so stay calm & see what best you could do on current situation. & dont be in hurry to make things up it will only create problems for you in the future. we will be waiting for your next update and do take a video when you start your engine for the first time.
Old 22nd July 2007, 00:17   #103

Hey bro razor, First time read abt your project, its amazing man. Really greate. Your postings are inspiring ppl to get their beauties update . I salute your dedication and hardwork in this project. Keep it up man. I felt bad abt the shocks....I can understand your eager and concerns. There is always a certain blocking points when you are close to success....and we must keep our tempo and the same spirit of completing it. I am damn sure that once you get it fixed, you are going to enjoy it like anything. As nitrous suggested, I think you can use the stock suspension and once you get the pedders you can really makeout the diffs.....and you will appriciate your self for your work. Waiting for your next updates!!!!
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glmohan2002 View Post
Hey bro razor, First time read abt your project, its amazing man. Really greate. Your postings are inspiring ppl to get their beauties update . I salute your dedication and hardwork in this project. Keep it up man. I felt bad abt the shocks....I can understand your eager and concerns. There is always a certain blocking points when you are close to success....and we must keep our tempo and the same spirit of completing it. I am damn sure that once you get it fixed, you are going to enjoy it like anything. As nitrous suggested, I think you can use the stock suspension and once you get the pedders you can really makeout the diffs.....and you will appriciate your self for your work. Waiting for your next updates!!!!
Now that you have dedicated your very First post to the Phoenix, I gues its just the sort of thing Phoenix needed to rise! She will soon fly.
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:00   #105
Senior - BHPian

@all: thanks for the encouragement and the reminders to stay patient! I think I need to rename this Project Patience from Project Phoenix.... lol!

Regd driving the car on stock suspension, I have done it seceral times previously. Even though I didn't own the car before, I had access to it... drove it many a time - so I am intimately aquainted (!!) with it and very, very fond of it

@nitrous: thanks for following up dude. if you hear something more, do let me know.

Ok, so here's an update.
- I have sourced all engine parts but one - the oil sump. the older one had been bent and the nut was not screwing on right. decided not to take any chances and am getting a new one tomorrow.
- So, all parts needed to start the engine should be here tomorrow, and an engine start-up on Tuesday seems to be on (fingers crossed).
- All other mechanical parts except the brakes and suspension will be fitted by Wednesday, and I should be able to take the car for a test run.
- If the above goes to plan, the car will be painted on Thursday
- Friday, other interiors will be finished, and the new suspension & brakes will be fitted if the Pedders arrive on Thursday as has been promised.
- Saturday is for ICE installation

Now this is hugely optimistic of me, but the car can actually be ready by the coming weekend... at most early the week after.
So watch this space...!

Some new pics (newly sourced parts vs damaged ones added):
Picasa Web Albums - razor4077 - Lancer - WIP

Most Viewed