Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2007, 11:56   #1
BHPian

Indica XETA Power Windows

I have orderd indica xeta gls which has got no stock p/w. So with an extra charge of Rs. 13,500 I ordered a full set of p/w.But now I am in a tension.The car will be delevered in 2-3 days.But are there power window switches in the rear.If no switches in the rear I donot know what to do.Because I cannot ask each and every time "Driver please open the window/ close the windows". But in some other review I read" GLX (the top model) has a centralised power windows system in the front and two switches in the rear". Is this correct.Can some one please please post pics of the rear p/w switches?
Old 24th June 2007, 13:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Don't worry. If you ordered power windows for 4 doors, you will get switches too.
The DLX and GLX version come with power windows on all 4 windows.
Old 24th June 2007, 17:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

I am not sure I understood your question. So you ordered a Xeta GLS and now worried whether there are pw switches at the back. Am I right? Well, GLS does not come with pw and has no ready provision for it. Neither in the front nor in the back.

However when you install pw as a retrofittment you get the door mounted switches for the relevant doors. They will take out the winder (with its complete mechanism) and in its place will come a small unit that will hold the pw switch for that window.

I hope that sorts out your query?
Old 24th June 2007, 17:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

in simple words you are going to get 5 buttons on the driver door and 1 each on the rest of the door to move the windows up and down

but i don't like after market PW as they die after sometime
Old 24th June 2007, 21:27   #5
BANNED

For factory fitted power windows, the switches are in the centre panel, in front of the gear shift lever. However, when you do a dealer fitment of P/W, there are switches are on the respective doors, AFAICT. I may be wrong.
Old 24th June 2007, 22:53   #6

GLX does have a centralised power windows system. The pw panel in the front (near the gear lever) has 4 switches + a pw lock button. The rear doors have a pw switch on each of them. The rear windows can be operated either by the rear passenger or by the driver. The driver can also choose to lock the windows, after which only the driver can operate all 4 windows.

I was actually considering a GLG. The dealer told me that it is possible to fit pw to GLG/GLS, but the rear pw switches will only be at the rear doors - there will be no driver control for the rear door pws - the pw panel on the front near the gear lever will have only 2 switches (for the front door pws).
This was one of the reasons for my picking a GLX instead of a GLG.

roop
India Xeta GLX 2007
Old 24th June 2007, 23:12   #7

GLX does come with centralized pw for all 4 doors. The pw panel on the front (near the gear lever) has 4 switches (+ a lock button). The rear doors have a switch each. The front doors have none. The rear windows can be controlled by both the rear passenger and the driver as long as the pw lock is off. (If locked, only the driver can operate all pws - like in case you're travelling with just kids in the rear.)

I was actually first considering GLG. The dealer had told me that pw can be fitted in GLS/GLG, but there will be no driver control for the rear pws. Only the rear passengers can pull up/down the rear windows. This was one of the last-straw kind of factors in me ditching the GLG in favour of the GLX.

So, yes, you needn't worry about conversations like these in any of the Xetas: "Driver, can you please pull up the rear window? No, no, the right one. Heck, I meant the correct one - the left window, please."

roop
Indica Xeta GLX 2007
Old 25th June 2007, 10:32   #8
BHPian

Every one is correct.And my p/windows are not after market, they are fitted bu authorised tata dealer "Lexus Motors". And I am happy that there will be no p/w windows controlls of the rear windows, in the front.But is it correct that the power windows switches will be there instead of the winder? Because it is a bit odd location and secondly you will( tall people like me) have to bend to reach it.I thought it would be on the arm rest!Pls correct me if am wrong

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks