Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Sprucing up my Octavia 1.8 TSI with exterior, interior and safety upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
I love the new look and feel of your car. Wonderful job. Your attention to detail is fantastic.

Even I have the 2014 Octavia Tdi and I absolutely love driving it. It’s an absolute rocket even today.

I actually wanted advice on my Octavia. It comes with a 2014 music system which does not support carplay. Can someone suggest me a good upgrade ? I don’t want to lose the features like TPMS etc which are seen on the screen right now.

Can I upgrade my music system that integrates all the existing car features and gives me carplay as well. Wired or wireless is not a problem.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, the 2.0TDI you have is a gem of an engine. I miss my Jetta for it’s engine. I would suggest that you get a factory radio with the features you are looking for. There are multiple options. You can get the Bolero radio with the 8 inch touchscreen, screen will be same as the one I have on my car now, or you can get the Amundsen radio, which will offer support for Offline navigation. The directions will be relayed to your instrument cluster as well. You can also go all out and get a MIB 2.5 with a larger 9.2” touchscreen. All of the radio’s I mentioned are Skoda OEM, will have support for CarPlay, and also retain all of the stock functionality. Definitely they will be slightly more expensive than the aftermarket options, but again, personal choice as some prefer Android radio’s because of the features they bring with them. However, Android radio’s tend to get slow with age, and get painstakingly annoying. If there’s anything more you’d like to know, please DM me with your contact number and I’d be happy to help you out.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Really ? Integrate in existing too ? Can you elaborate on that ? Or can we talk on PM. I am seriously thinking about the upgrade and would really appreciate the help.

Regards
There is a USB dongle kind of thing which will help in getting CarPlay. I am sure it could be done in Merc, BMW etc (as I have seen the installer doing it). I am hoping it should be available in VAGs too, my only doubt is whether 2015 model HU support this or not.

On another note please check the attached video on android HU installation in my car. This or similar ones are definitely possible. But if you are able to upgrade to an OEM model, would be the best option.

Please feel free to PM me for anything.

Last edited by sunikkat : 2nd August 2022 at 11:04.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 13:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
[b]
3) OEM Direct TPMS

The Octavia came with In-Direct TPMS from the factory, having a direct TPMS system definitely helps as it shows the exact pressure in each tyre, and also integrates really well with the instrument cluster and the infotainment system. Furthermore, it also allows a multitude of options for tyre sizes, and presets for the load in the car to aid better. This is a fairly simple retrofit on most MQB cars.
Wow! Those are some superb mods done to the Octy! Looks absolutely stunning. I own a 2018 TDi L&K and I'm quite interested in the TPMS setup. Would appreciate to have more details on the equipment and setup please.

Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 23:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
Wow! Those are some superb mods done to the Octy! Looks absolutely stunning. I own a 2018 TDi L&K and I'm quite interested in the TPMS setup. Would appreciate to have more details on the equipment and setup please.

Thanks

Thanks. It’s a pretty simple retrofit, you need 4 sensors, which sit inside the tyre, a module which communicates with these sensors, and do the wiring, which is fairly simple, canbus connection, power and ground is all. After this all you need to do is coding. You can check with NSquareAutoTech (Nikhil) if you want to get this done on your car, if you need any other details, please feel free to PM me with your contact number.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 20:02   #20

Hi, I'd love to know the details around how to get the TPMS active in the car.
Old 10th August 2022, 15:00   #21
Sen
BHPian

Finally got around to reading this thread. Damn, tastefully done. Not much to add except add to the bucket list for my next purchase as a pathfinder thread.

What suspension upgrades you looking at?
Sen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 02:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiegreat View Post
Hi, I'd love to know the details around how to get the TPMS active in the car.
Please check the previous posts, I’ve explained in brief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Finally got around to reading this thread. Damn, tastefully done. Not much to add except add to the bucket list for my next purchase as a pathfinder thread.

What suspension upgrades you looking at?
Haha thanks, suspension wise, I’m going to go with OEM RS245 suspension, nothing more, nothing less. That should be good enough IMO.
Old 26th March 2023, 20:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:

9) OEM Mk4 VRS Steering

After installing the Mk4 VRS Steering wheel, the cabin now looks almost brand new and perfect. The perforated leather, red stitching, and the robust scrollers all make it a very good upgrade from the stock steering wheel.
Hey, amazing upgrades you’ve done here.

I’m interested in getting the MK4 VRS steering for my L&K 2022. Could you let me know from where I can source this? Thanks.
T0TALITY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 10:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Wish list:

3) Canton Music System

4) 360 Cam

5) KESSY with the latest gen keys

6) VRS front and rear bumper
Nice modifications, I am sure it took a lot of effort to get these done, shows how much you love the car and how mod friendly Skoda/VWs are.

I tried my best to get a low mileage used 2019/2020 L&K 1.8 TSI last year in Karnataka, but wasnt able to get any good examples, so had to finally get the new 2023 Octavia 2.0 TSI before it was discontinued, would have liked to spend on a sparingly used rather than a new one that was quite expensive.

Do let us know if you are able to upgrade to Canton system, I would definitely be interested in getting this addition as this is a big miss on late 2022 and 2023 Octavias, It was stupid of Skoda to remove this on an expensive offering, I would definitely be interested in this, the stock speakers as such are alright, just that they dont have the bass of a high end system

Also, could you share the exact breakup of how much the new steering wheel cost you?
abaliga is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 10:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0TALITY View Post
Hey, amazing upgrades you’ve done here.

I’m interested in getting the MK4 VRS steering for my L&K 2022. Could you let me know from where I can source this? Thanks.
Thanks, there's quite a few retrofit stores these days that offer this wheel, NSquareAutoTech, VAGPLANET etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Nice modifications, I am sure it took a lot of effort to get these done, shows how much you love the car and how mod friendly Skoda/VWs are.

I tried my best to get a low mileage used 2019/2020 L&K 1.8 TSI last year in Karnataka, but wasnt able to get any good examples, so had to finally get the new 2023 Octavia 2.0 TSI before it was discontinued, would have liked to spend on a sparingly used rather than a new one that was quite expensive.

Do let us know if you are able to upgrade to Canton system, I would definitely be interested in getting this addition as this is a big miss on late 2022 and 2023 Octavias, It was stupid of Skoda to remove this on an expensive offering, I would definitely be interested in this, the stock speakers as such are alright, just that they dont have the bass of a high end system

Also, could you share the exact breakup of how much the new steering wheel cost you?
Thanks, yes, I do love my cars

Congratulations! The Octavia NX is one beautiful car, I've taken a look at it too, I must say, you are getting what you are paying for. It is better built than the MK3.5 IMO, better quality interiors, better features, doors feel heavier too!

Retrofitting Canton system is possible, although its too expensive, the amplifier alone was costing around a lakh IIRC, so I gave up. One of my friends had a used system for sale but since I'm not in India anymore, I wasn't too keen on getting it done because of the difficulties to install with the car in Hyderabad, and no one else in Hyderabad to work on the car in my absence.

For the NX, I believe it will cost at least 2 lakhs easily, if you are okay with this, get in touch with NSquareAutoTech, if anyone in India can make it happen, he's your best bet.
Old 30th July 2023, 11:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:

3) OEM Direct TPMS

The Octavia came with In-Direct TPMS from the factory, having a direct TPMS system definitely helps as it shows the exact pressure in each tyre, and also integrates really well with the instrument cluster and the infotainment system. Furthermore, it also allows a multitude of options for tyre sizes, and presets for the load in the car to aid better. This is a fairly simple retrofit on most MQB cars.

Attachment 2339460

Attachment 2339461
Lovely upgrades!

Could you help me out with who did your tyre monitor upgrade? My A3 senses pressure loss but does not give me the exact reading per tyre on display too.

Thanks a ton!
IanNazareth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 20:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanNazareth View Post
Lovely upgrades!

Could you help me out with who did your tyre monitor upgrade? My A3 senses pressure loss but does not give me the exact reading per tyre on display too.

Thanks a ton!
Thanks, reach out to NSquareAutoTech, they’re based in Pune, they can do it.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 22:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, reach out to NSquareAutoTech, they’re based in Pune, they can do it.
Thanks a ton! I've reached out to them but their page shows VW and Skoda only, Lets hope they can help.
Old 1st August 2023, 16:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
so had to finally get the new 2023 Octavia 2.0 TSI before it was discontinued, would have liked to spend on a sparingly used rather than a new one that was quite expensive.

I have 2022 Octavia L&K (Non-Canton one) I enquired with GermanDNA, Kerela and was quoted ~1.5L for the retrofit. But the problem is, there are slots for the midrange speaker at the front doors, but they lack wiring. If you plan for retrofit of 11 speaker canton, you need to draw new wire for the midrange from the door controller which would add additional cost for a new controller as the existing 8 speaker setup is passive one. Same case for the centre speaker at the dash.

Hence i went with Focal inside (Focal IS VW xxx) series for my 2022 Octavia. The audio has improved by many leaps. You may check for such alternates if you arent keen on the Canton system.
vagster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same mindset as you regarding the OEM wheels upgrade. I own a 2018 TDI and am looking for some upgrades. I was looking at suspension from the 245s and I realised in TDI's the rear gets a torsion beam setup. Will the 245s be a retrofit to the TDI?
Regarding the brakes, to what extent will getting the 245s bigger rotors and callipers improve the braking performance?

Lastly, I would like some opinions on getting steel braided brake lines, If we can see an improvement in normal road conditions.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd November 2023 at 13:09. Reason: Fixing Quote tags, please Preview before Posting. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks