Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:00   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
correct i guess. .ive had the same experience despite changing twice at the dealership...
btw are wipers available for the OHC similar to the ones that come in the CIVIC, OCTAVIA ..?
My car had syndicates as stock wiper. They made a lot of noise. They started streaking after a month of usage. I bought 19" Bosch Wipers from Metro and got them fitted. They make almost no sound. The wipe seems clearer and better than Syndicates. How long before they start streaking, Yet I am to find out.
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

I too changed to Bosch from the stock Syndicates. Initially they performed really well but off late theyve started streaking. Ill try to wipe the blades clean and see if that helps.
Old 1st August 2007, 14:16   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure why everyone is after Bosch wipers.
The OEM ones on NHC worked fine and when it came to replacing them, I found that the same OEMs are available at the Honda dealership for just Rs. 150 (right) and Rs. 115 (left). I totally paid Rs. 320 (incl. taxes).

Happy with Honda...
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

My Alto wipers are stock Syndicate and about 1.5 years old. Yesterday it started to make (some typical sound) and was not wiping the way it used to be (lines can be seen after each wipe), Is there a problem? Does it need a change?

If Yes, What should I buy - Bosch or stock !! I have no complains with the syndicate stock (MGA) viper, Will the Bosch one give anything extra?

Pls help, suggest a nice place in Indiranagar, CV Raman Nagar area to buy one?

Abhi
Old 4th August 2007, 15:29   #50
BHPian

I will tell you to go for Bosch from my personal experience..Costed me 350 for my Lancer...
Old 31st May 2011, 23:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bosch Wipers - Mumbai

Yester day I called Syndicate wipers at their office in opera hse.
I was attended by Mr. P.S. Chandhok, Iasked him when we will have pre monsoon camp for Maruti, and will I find his team attending to wipers of customers cars at the camp?
He asked me why? I told him that in my 2.5 yrs old SWIFT wipers are not cleaning the glass properly, otherwise the arms are good, and I want to change the rubbers , which they do in service camps.
He asked me where do I live? I told him that I stay at 7 bunglows, He told me if a set of complete brand new wipers given to you absolutely FREE can you collect it from my home at lokhandwala, I was shocked to hear this from the managing director of a 9 plants manufecturing WIPERS, EXHAUST systems all over India telling me to come to his home and collect the free wipers.Such high handedness is not found in todays times.

I thanked him and immediately he ordred his staff to keep a set in his car to be taken home in the evening .

Today at 11.30. am I sent my son to his home for the wipers , he not only greeted him but also told him that tell our dad if he needs any more service just call .

Now this is called service , Thank you Mr. Chandhok ji. I wish him all the luck.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 31st May 2011 at 23:58.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:31   #52
BHPian

i just recently put hella wipers in my car and i should say they are pretty good. I used Bosch during the last monsoons so thought of trying something new but i dont think its available everywhere.
Old 1st June 2011, 19:27   #53
BHPian

My Xylo would enjoy its 2nd monsoon this year. The stock (I believe Syndicate) wipers are just ok and I intend to change for better. Anyone with similar experience could revert. Thanks in advance.

Pranav
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:29   #54
BHPian

All right guys, need views/help:

Need to replace Alto's wipers. Should I get Maruti ones or Aftermarket (Bosch etc)?
Any pointers to getting these in Delhi?
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
All right guys, need views/help:

Need to replace Alto's wipers. Should I get Maruti ones or Aftermarket (Bosch etc)?
Any pointers to getting these in Delhi?
Just changed my SX4's wiper changed with Bosch wipers.I am very happy with the results.So can suggest you the same.

Regarding dealers in Delhi,try this link - Bosch - Dealer Locator

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Varun
Old 28th August 2012, 04:17   #56
BHPian

I have 2 Ford Figos and a Chevy Spark LT, any idea if I can install double blade wipers on my cars?
Are double blade wipers effective?

Most Viewed