Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2023, 11:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market

Fog lamps are a safety feature and should never ever be white! It’s scientifically proven as many have pointed out that yellow light fares much better in rain and fog, and fog lamps are not meant to aid night driving unless in fog or rain. As the name suggests, they are “fog” lamps and not meant for style or excess throw! Just like hazard lights, they are not meant to be turned on unless when required - in fog and rain!

With many cars now coming with white lights, it’s extremely important to have yellow fogs!

Guys, don’t mess with fog lights for style and looks. There will be a day when you really regret it if you do - when you get caught in heavy rainfall at night or in fog!
thirdmainroad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 09:42   #32
BHPian

I was looking for some good Fog LED projectors for my new Scorpio N. On highways, I felt the stock lights were not good enough but I also didn't want to touch the stock ones which would void my warranty.

I initially installed a local one and it did serve the purpose but I was not very happy with its performance. They were mounted on the bumper with screws. So I continued looking.

Most good brands provide LED projectors that replace the stock ones. They can be mounted externally, but there is always a risk of rainwater damaging the unit or the wires, which again was risky for me.

Finally, I zeroed in on Aozoom Fog LED Projectors. They are all weather and come with a 1-year warranty.

The next challenge was fitting it in such a way that it looks aesthetic but effective in delivering. I went to the official website of Aozoom and found the dealer for my city and through the dealer, I found the installer as well.

They did a pretty neat job. Here is the outcome.

First the product details

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a001.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a002.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a003.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a004.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a005.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a006.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a007.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a008.jpg

This is to understand the meaning of IP67

Name:  IP_protection_levels.png
Views: 1816
Size:  254.5 KB

The installer had a very good youngster who made a special clamp that could hold the fog lamps in place. He cut the grill a little bit so that only the bulb is seen outside.

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-fitting-001.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-fitting-002.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-fitting-003.jpg

Here is the final result.

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a0001.jpg

Which Projector Foglamps to choose? So many options in the market-a0002.jpg

Finally here is the performance. For me, the stock lights now are almost redundant. However, I intend to use these Fog projectors only on highways.

This was not taken in pitch dark but in spite of that, you can see how powerful these are. The best part is that these are not pure white lights which helps immensely.
chipsnchops is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 12:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Finally, I zeroed in on Aozoom Fog LED Projectors. They are all weather and come with a 1-year warranty.

The next challenge was fitting it in such a way that it looks aesthetic but effective in delivering. I went to the official website of Aozoom and found the dealer for my city and through the dealer, I found the installer as well.
Great output from the fog lamps.
Those make the headlights redundant.

Do you mind sharing some information -
- How much did the fog lamps cost?
- Did you procure the fog lamps from the dealer or somewhere online?
- Does the dealer do not fit the fog lamps? As you mentioned you found the installer from the dealer?
Old 8th February 2023, 14:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshnehete View Post
Great output from the fog lamps.
Those make the headlights redundant.

Do you mind sharing some information -
- How much did the fog lamps cost?
- Did you procure the fog lamps from the dealer or somewhere online?
- Does the dealer do not fit the fog lamps? As you mentioned you found the installer from the dealer?
Cost - The MRP is around 22k. I negotiated for 20K including installation. So you should be able to bargain for the same

I got it from the dealer only, but through a car detailing shop (who is the installer. In fact they only keep stock of these lights). Definitely not online. It's best to get it directly from the shop since it has a one-year warranty. You have someone to go back to just in case.

The dealer in my case did not fit them. He has tie-ups with different Car Detailing shops that keep this product. Some people may go directly to the Car detailing shop and purchase this. I paid money to the car detailing shop only. The dealer only told me the nearest shop based on my location.

Hope this helps.
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 16:21   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cost - The MRP is around 22k. I negotiated for 20K including installation. So you should be able to bargain for the same

Hope this helps.
That's a pretty high price that you paid! Comparable products from IPH, Aes and GTR cost in the range of 8-11k and typically any small installer will charge you 1000 for installation. Aozoom is a small Chinese company (which claims to be German, but isn't).
Did you also explore other options too before taking your decision?
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 17:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I initially installed a local one and it did serve the purpose but I was not very happy with its performance. They were mounted on the bumper with screws. So I continued looking.

This was not taken in pitch dark but in spite of that, you can see how powerful these are. The best part is that these are not pure white lights which helps immensely.
I saw a similar positioning setup on a Carens and was wondering if in case of minor impacts wouldn't the foglamps cause unnecessary damage to the radiator as this becomes the first point of contact?
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 09:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
I saw a similar positioning setup on a Carens and was wondering if in case of minor impacts wouldn't the foglamps cause unnecessary damage to the radiator as this becomes the first point of contact?
Sorry I was logged out of the forum bcos of some password issue. Now sorted. Answering your question - I don't think so because the first point of contact will be the bumper guard and not the grill. Also, this is not fixed with a permanent fixture. So I don't think this will be an issue at all. Anything major would definitely have an impact on the radiator whether you have fog lights or not.

Hope this makes sense!
Old 13th February 2023, 09:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
That's a pretty high price that you paid! Comparable products from IPH, Aes and GTR cost in the range of 8-11k and typically any small installer will charge you 1000 for installation. Aozoom is a small Chinese company (which claims to be German, but isn't).
Did you also explore other options too before taking your decision?
Yes in fact I did explore a lot of options, including GTR before finalizing this one. In fact, I reached out to suppliers and distributors and had conversations with them. I did not want to touch the stock lights or the wiring. This had to be an additional installation. Most of the good ones were replacements for the stock. You could install it separately, but there is always the risk of damaging/short-circuiting the wires due to rain, water seepage, etc. No one was willing to take a guarantee for this aspect.

That's how I finalized these ones since it's all-weather, IP67 certified and come with a one-year warranty. Hope this makes sense. When you want to buy any lights, don't just go by amazon reviews or peer recommendations (they may or may not have considered all angles. Best to speak to the distributor and tell them your requirement. They will guide you (most of the time) correctly.
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 21:25   #39
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I've just picked up the IPH Fogs with HID bulbs.
Has anyone fitted this on a 1st gen VW Vento ?
I tried fixing them this evening the lights work and look great but the clamps included in the fog lamp package do not align with the OEM mounting. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is a DIY jugaad the only way out.

If anyone knows someone in Chennai who can help fix these lights will all be great if they can share the contact.

thanks a ton.
Stay alive and keep driving. cheers.
Old 19th February 2023, 16:47   #40

Quote:

I got it from the dealer only, but through a car detailing shop (who is the installer. In fact they only keep stock of these lights). Definitely not online. It's best to get it directly from the shop since it has a one-year warranty. You have someone to go back to just in case.

The dealer in my case did not fit them. He has tie-ups with different Car Detailing shops that keep this product. Some people may go directly to the Car detailing shop and purchase this. I paid money to the car detailing shop only. The dealer only told me the nearest shop based on my location.

Hope this helps.
Can you please share the dealer and installer details. I couldn't find the same in Aozoom website.
Old 16th March 2023, 22:33   #41
BHPian

Recently I am searching these type of projector fog lamps for my Tata Punch Adventure variant. I reside in Kolkata. I have find out a shop near Shayambazar area, who is selling IPH M617 but without any warranty.

Rather he insists me to take Maxxlink ML 920 with one year warranty. The specification is same that is white 5500k, yellow 3000k, and warn 4300k.

Any feedback on these models?

Please help.
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumiksett View Post
Recently I am searching these type of projector fog lamps for my Tata Punch Adventure variant. I reside in Kolkata. I have find out a shop near Shayambazar area, who is selling IPH M617 but without any warranty.

Rather he insists me to take Maxxlink ML 920 with one year warranty. The specification is same that is white 5500k, yellow 3000k, and warn 4300k.

Any feedback on these models?

Please help.
I am about to put in Maxxlink ML917. Its not switchable but my requirement is simple, i will switch it on only for highway drives. Stock headlights are poor. I drive a Figo, i am in Salt Lake and will get the work done in Glix, salt lake. He quoted me 12k including installation. What did they quote you?
jackofsome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
I am about to put in Maxxlink ML917. Its not switchable but my requirement is simple, i will switch it on only for highway drives. Stock headlights are poor. I drive a Figo, i am in Salt Lake and will get the work done in Glix, salt lake. He quoted me 12k including installation. What did they quote you?
Almost same, I got the quote of 11K, with one year warranty, 12K with one and half year warranty.
soumiksett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 19:53   #44
BHPian

So i finally bit the bullet, and installed a pair of LED projector fog lamps on my Figo. Initial impressions very good.
Installer: Glix, Salt lake, Kolkata
Brand- Maxxlink 917
Dent on wallet-11500.
Overall happy!
jackofsome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 09:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
So i finally bit the bullet, and installed a pair of LED projector fog lamps on my Figo. Initial impressions very good.
Installer: Glix, Salt lake, Kolkata
Brand- Maxxlink 917
Dent on wallet-11500.
Overall happy!
Is there any warranty? I am concerned as because of Maxxlink is chinese company.

Can you provide me the address of the shop?

Thanks

Most Viewed