Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2023, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis

I always wanted a mirror autofolding feature on my car since I've seen it on Hyundais. Not that it makes a big difference but I get some kind of satisfaction seeing mirrors close when locked and opening when car is unlocked.

I had a Linea TJet before this and an Alto and a Nano before that. This feature wasn't possible in any of them.

Even the topend Ignis, the Ignis Alpha doesn't have autofolding feature. I had to go to after market options.

Being in Pune, there are many car decor shops near my place. I started enquiring there and they are quoting between 2000 to 3500 for the module.

I was also looking for seat covers. I went to Lunkad Seatcovers in Kharadi. They had the module. The person quoted 2500 for R&D one and 3500 for Autocop one. Since I had to get the seat covers also done. I negotiated the price and got seat covers, autofold module and a set of 4D mats for 10k.

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-box-1.jpg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-box-2.jpg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-box-3.jpg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-box-4.jpg

Installation was a pretty simple job.
Both the front door panels had to be removed. Reason being the right side door coupling doesn't have a power supply point required for the module. So the technician routed a wire to the left side door.

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-module.jpg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-installation.jpg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-rightside.jpg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-dashboard-wire-routing.jpg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-leftside.jpg

The installation took around 30 minutes and everything went well. Below is the functionality. Sorry for the bad quality GIF.

Lock and unlock using key.

Name:  IMG_62132.gif
Views: 1442
Size:  2.75 MB

Lock and unlock using request button.

Name:  Sensor.gif
Views: 1525
Size:  3.61 MB

Ignis came with good quality fabric seats however I felt the seats are getting soiled easily. Seat covers were inevitable. Seat covers installation took around 2 hours from stitching to installation

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-full-car.jpg

Original seats

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230101-4.05.04-pm.jpeg

Front passenger seat with cover

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-front-seat.jpg

Backseat with cover

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-backseat.jpg

I have more upgrades planned in the coming months.

1. Planning to get OEM style steering wheel leather wrap done. I've enquired in many stores in Pune. most of them said they can't and some said they can but don't have any images of previous work. I'm not willing to take risk. I'm planning on taking my car to Orchis in Mumbai and get it done.

2. OEM reverse camera. Since Ignis is a smaller car, I never felt the need for this. Will do it if time and pocket permits.

3. Ceramic Coating. It's been 2 years with my humble Ignis. I think its the right time to give it back the shine it came with.

4. Upgrade tyres from 175 to 195. My Ignis ran just 5k KMS in the last 2 years. Since it was lockdown, I did not get a chance to take the car out much. Started using regularly now. And I'll hit the 10k mark in a couple of months. Will change the tyres then.
TorqueSteer is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 16:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis

Since the door pad was already off, could have also added the puddle lights to the front doors. Would have given the same premium experience that the auto folding mirrors give.

Except the ACC, guess most other Alpha features can be added to both the Delta and Zeta.
DicKy is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:32   #3
BHPian

Re: Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis

I'm assuming the car already had button activated open and close function, meaning the mirrors have the motors.
If it was a lower variant without any form of electric folding, users would need new mirrors, wiring and the relay
lemedico is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I'm assuming the car already had button activated open and close function, meaning the mirrors have the motors.
If it was a lower variant without any form of electric folding, users would need new mirrors, wiring and the relay
Yes. Mine is Zeta variant. ORVMs can be folded with a button on the door. If it was either a Sigma or Delta then the entire assembly needs to be changed.
TorqueSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
The dealer had options but he said they'll have to cut a hole under the door which scared me a little bit.
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:43   #6
Kln
BHPian

Fantastic mod. Makes me tempted to try this out on mine as well.

Would highly recommend upgrading to 195/60 Conti UC6s. I've upgraded to the same in my Ignis 2017 model year, and I have around 12k run after that. The difference in handling and cornering is truly remarkable. I've faced no issues whatsoever in terms of fuel efficiency, turning radius or any other thing for that matter. Truly an upgrade that made me wonder 'why didn't I do it sooner!'
Kln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
Fantastic mod. Makes me tempted to try this out on mine as well.

Would highly recommend upgrading to 195/60 Conti UC6s. I've upgraded to the same in my Ignis 2017 model year, and I have around 12k run after that. The difference in handling and cornering is truly remarkable. I've faced no issues whatsoever in terms of fuel efficiency, turning radius or any other thing for that matter. Truly an upgrade that made me wonder 'why didn't I do it sooner!'
Did you upgrade your alloys or are you using on the stock ones ? I've read somewhere that the stock Ignis alloys are 5Js and 195 will be an issue on those alloys.
TorqueSteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 17:03   #8
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Did you upgrade your alloys or are you using on the stock ones ? I've read somewhere that the stock Ignis alloys are 5Js and 195 will be an issue on those alloys.
On stock alloys. I read the same, but been using stock alloys + 195/65s without any issue whatsoever.
Kln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 17:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
On stock alloys. I read the same, but been using stock alloys + 195/65s without any issue whatsoever.
Thank you for the update. I'll upgrade tyres very soon.
TorqueSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 19:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:

I have a Ignis 2017 Alpha, does it also improve the ride quality? Currently mine is at 30k kms done and ride quality is trashy. My dad with weak spine is complaining. Can you post a picture of your wheel and tires?

Last edited by vinbie2019 : 5th January 2023 at 19:55.
Old 6th January 2023, 09:53   #11
BHPian

I have an October 2022 Zeta AGS which my wife uses. How is the fit and finish of interiors post installation? Any rattles? This is one reason I did not even get seat cover installed in my car. The inside rear view mirror is already creating a racket.

I got a oem style reverse camera plus wiring harness online for 3.5K from Autoshopp/kwidsolutions website with oem connectors and position. You could try that out. OEM camera alone costs 6K, not sure how much the OEM harness costs. Waiting for time to do DIY installation. Routing the cables through the hatch door is a pain.

Will switching to 195 section tire improve ride quality? I am currently running factory recommended air pressure and find the ride very stiff, especially at the rear.
AntPaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 10:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
The dealer had options but he said they'll have to cut a hole under the door which scared me a little bit.
The door pads have a dummy plastic caps for this. They just remove those dummies and then plug in the puddle lamps.

Maruti OEM spares cost 600 * 2 for bulbs and ~350 * 2 for the wiring harness. Its a plug and play job.

Check out youtube. Somewhere they have provided all the details.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 10:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
The door pads have a dummy plastic caps for this. They just remove those dummies and then plug in the puddle lamps.

Maruti OEM spares cost 600 * 2 for bulbs and ~350 * 2 for the wiring harness. Its a plug and play job.

Check out Youtube. Somewhere they have provided all the details.
Ignis OEM boot lamp with its on/off switch cost around 300 per piece. That will be a good alternative as size looks similar with puddle lamp.
Old 5th March 2023, 11:38   #14
BHPian

Back with another mod.

I was planning on getting OEM style steering wrap done from Orchis, Mumbai since I haven't found any reliable ones in Pune.

One day while casually browsing Facebook Marketplace, I cam across an ad with OEM steering wrap from Pimpri-Chinchwad. I immediately called the person and enquired. Cost was ₹2000. Felt pretty reasonable and cheap as well as I considering traveling to Mumbai to get the wrap done. It would've costed me close to ₹7000 including wrap, fuel and toll.

I immediately booked appointment. Location below for anyone who is interested.

Car Reflections

https://maps.app.goo.gl/by2o7Fd1fbiLEshW6

Place wasn't big or crazy. A small shop and these guys do everything from car, bike seat covers to interior work. The workmanship is pretty good.

The entire wrapping took around 4 hours. Work started at 11AM and was done by 02:45PM or so including fitting back the steering. Steering removal, cutting and fitting was the easiest part. Stitching the wrap is what took long.

This is their entire setup. Pretty simple.

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.09-am2.jpeg

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.09-am1.jpeg

Steering wheel removal.

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.06-am.jpeg

Steering with airbag removed.

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.08-am.jpeg

Before warp

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.09-am.jpeg

Work in progress

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.11-am.jpeg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.10-am3.jpeg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.10-am2.jpeg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.10-am.jpeg

Finished wheel

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.12-am.jpeg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.13-am.jpeg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.13-am2.jpeg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.13-am1.jpeg

Bro !! Chaar ghante hogaye. Bhook laga hain. Thoda tel pilana bro. Premium wala !!!

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.15-am.jpeg

Post installation.

Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.15-am1.jpeg
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-whatsapp-image-20230305-11.07.16-am.jpeg

Pros :
The steering feels very good to hold.
Feels a little chunky aswell when comapred with the skinny stock ones.
Cabin felt premium. Might just be for me but visually more appealing.

Cons :
You won't be able to take your eyes of the steering wheel

The entire work was fantastic. The finishing is excellent. My only gripe was they didn't have anyone to remove or install the steering back at their place. They had to get someone from a nearby garage which took time. But excusable. Overall I'm pretty happy with the work that's done.

Plans further :

1. Tyre upgrade to 195. I'm hearing mixed opinions on installing 195s on stock wheel. Some says its alright while some say there will be loss in fuel efficiency and chances of tyre burst.
2. Ceramic coating
3. Might travel to UK this year. Ignis in UK has cruise control. Will check if I can retrofit.
TorqueSteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 12:16   #15
BHPian

Want to add ORVM auto fold relay in my 2016 Baleno Alpha

Hi, BHPians. After watching so many Hyundai/Kia cars auto fold their ORVMs, now I also want to add it to my 2016 Baleno Alpha. After researching on Team BHP, I've came to the conclusion that there are only two brands that are trusted - RD and KMH.

Saw few posts here, where KMH is said to be better than RD, is that true?

Also those who have already installed ORVM relay, please guide me on how to do it in detail. The relay is connector to connector type so does it require any wire cutting?

Link to RD Relay: https://www.rdoverseas.in/product/rd...riptionContent

Can't find KMH relay for Maruti, can anyone help me out?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks