Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 22:46   #1
BHPian

LPG Kit fitment for a 2001 Palio 1.6 GTX

Friends,

After searching for close to 2 months, I was able to get a Palio 1.6 GTX run about 51K kms (I was able to check this with the help of stock tyres).

I have gone through all the threads related to LPG Kit fitments in this forum. want to fit an LPG Kit to my new baby.

Request the respected Members and Gurus to help me finding the best place in Bangalore and also the best price for the same.

Any help/suggestions would be of great help to me as I never had an opportunity get in touch with good mechanics earlier in Bangalore.
Old 9th July 2007, 08:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

I known one guy who fits BRC LPG kits, He is running the business for over 6 years now. I have seen him fitting LPG for many palios. His service centre is near chord road basaveshwara nagar area. If you are staying that area I guess you can check his service. Rates he said will start from 15,000/- to 60,000/- based on the type of LPG kits we need.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th July 2007, 15:29   #3
BHPian

Thanks Ravi,

Could you please PM me your number. Will call you this evening and probably will be able to meet that person in a day or two

With Best Regards
Ravi
Old 9th July 2007, 19:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

ravikn,
go for sequential injection kit if you plan to keep the car atleast for 4 years. zavoli kit should come in 45k. injection kits are costly and i think the company guy will come to fit it since this involves making holes in fuel manifold to place lpg injector or its tubing. this kit is worth the price for many reasons.
there will be no power drop. the car will in all probability run better than petrol since its a 110 octane fuel. mileage will be same as petrol if not better and you will recover the cost much faster.
its safe because there will be no detonation due improper mixture calibration and bad plugs.
go for colder plug spark plugs. new plugs and new air filter is a must and replace both every year.
if you want cheaper option go for normal kit but closed loop one. 20k for kit and 5k for making it closed loop. you will save your catalytic converter, get better mileage and save the environment better way.
if you damage the cat con you puc may fail and replacement cost will be high.
zavoli, brc and omvl are recommended. get the job done from competent guy who knows what i told you. that will show he is aware of things.
Old 9th July 2007, 21:14   #5
BHPian

Hi Gigy,

Thanks so much for the inputs. This really helps me as am a newbie to this.

Dear Gurus,

Could you please tell me where in Bangalore I can get the sequential injection kit fixed. as Gigy mentioned, I would like to get this done by a competent guy who can do the job better.

It would be of great help if any team-BHPian has got his/her Palio installed with the sequential injection kit and could share their experience.

With Regards
Ravi
Old 10th July 2007, 12:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post

It would be of great help if any team-BHPian has got his/her Palio installed with the sequential injection kit and could share their experience.

With Regards
Ravi
You can find this article and user experience on palio forums like paliouser group in yahoo and fiatclubindia.com. If you are looking for the Tartarini one then Yogesh in the above forums have the contacts of the Indian distributor.

I have first seen the seq injection in his 1.6 Gtx and the installation is done perfectly in his machine.
Old 10th July 2007, 17:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

I too heard sequential injection kit is best bet It will save a lot in long run,

Make sure the person who install it knows what to do. I have heard at maximum 20% drop in FE with LPG what I mean is if we get 10kmpl as FE
on petrol we should get at least 8kmpl with LPG.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 11th July 2007, 22:50   #8
BHPian

Dear All,

Which is the best suited LPG kit for Palio 1.6?

Any body has done the LPG kit installation on Palio 1.6 in Bangalore?

Please tell me which is the best place/installer in Bangalore

Please help

With Best Regards
Ravi
Old 17th July 2007, 10:03   #9
BHPian

knock knock,

Hello TBHPians, anybody has installed LPG kit on Palio 1.6 GTX? which brand is better. I happen to enquire couple of authorized FIAT service centers and they said it is risky to install LPG kit on 1.6 GTX as it has too much of expensive parts and if something goes wrong then you will end up paying few years of fuel bill in getting it repaired. is this true

Guys please help as I wanted to get this installed in a week or two but people are scaring me by telling stories here. would like to know the best place to have the kit installed in bangalore

With Best Regards
Ravi
Old 17th July 2007, 18:52   #10
BHPian

Dear mates,

It has been 6 days to get a single response, I really wonder if not a single person who owns a Palio 1.6 GTX has done or knows if his friends have got the LPG Kit fitted in bangalore.
Old 17th July 2007, 20:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 sources (Chord road and Kormangala) who are very good in LPG installation, I have sent you my cellphone, Interested let me know I will get their detials.

They already installed Sequential LPG kits as well and do servicing too.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th July 2007, 20:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

ok I called one guy who installed LPG on few ars I saw from last 6 years.

This is what he says:

If this is Palio 1.3 ltr or less capacity engine he recommand BRC kits costing around 18.,500/- and for 1.6 ltr and above capacity engine better kit which would cost 32,000/- its BRC again. He mainly recomands BRC.

I asked him about sequential kits he has no idea what he mean is in Bangalore it has not come true sequential LPG kit and its not worth because it needs experineced installation and servicing I guess.

According to him BRC kit costing around 32,000/- is ideal. For small capacity cars like M800,alto,omni etc. basic kit is more than enough.

Hope this helps.

I have one more contact who has shop near kormangala I heard he installed many lpg installation on high end cars like corolla, Lancer, Adventure Accent etc..

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th July 2007, 23:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

buddy,
sequential kit will be the one which will be requiring the least servicing. the main thing is in its installation which very few are competent as of now. when i contacted zavoli installer he called up his headquarters and then told me company guys will come to fix it. so ask the guys in your place to contact further above and you will know whats possible. contact mail4ajo regarding BRC kit and its cost. he has a lambda controlied one in alto

Last edited by gigy : 18th July 2007 at 23:44. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 25th July 2007, 22:59   #14
BHPian

Hi Gigy,

Thanks for the information. I am planning to check out for any competent installer in Bangalore and have the LPG kit installed by the beginning of the next month.
Old 7th August 2007, 08:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Tell us how your experience with LPG has been..??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks