Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 08:45   #16
BHPian

Where in Bangalore can i get the interiors painted from??
How much would it cost to paint the whole interiors of a swift??
If done properly how long would it last??
Would i get a glossy or a matt finish??

Vijay
Old 11th July 2007, 09:39   #17
BANNED

Hi,

In Mumbai there are some people who offer a complete interior package for Rs35,000/- onwards which includes.

1> Painting of all plastic parts(dashboard, door trims etc)
2> Steering Wheel , gear knob & gear boot cover in genuine leather.
3> Seats upholstered in Art Leather covers.

The procedure takes a week and involves removal of dashboard for painting and comes with a 2 years guarantee against paint chipping/peeling.

Hope that helps.

@Rohan - No you cannot use spray cans.

Viper
Old 11th July 2007, 10:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
Guys,

Could someone let me know what kind of paint is used to paint the dashboard and door panels and also let me know how the steering wheel turned RED on one of KITUP's lancer.

http://www.kitup.co.in/pictures/Lanc...riors-1of2.jpg
http://www.kitup.co.in/pictures/City-Interiors-2of4.jpg
Is ther any one from chennai who can change the color of dashboard to red as done for lancer for my red swift .. Please ler me know with the contact details.
Old 11th July 2007, 16:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

In Mumbai there are some people who offer a complete interior package for Rs35,000/- onwards which includes.

1> Painting of all plastic parts(dashboard, door trims etc)
2> Steering Wheel , gear knob & gear boot cover in genuine leather.
3> Seats upholstered in Art Leather covers.

The procedure takes a week and involves removal of dashboard for painting and comes with a 2 years guarantee against paint chipping/peeling.

Hope that helps.

Viper
Thanks viper at least now i know the approximate cost of getting this job done so no body can rip me.....

Any body have any idea where i can get this done Bangalore???

Vijay
Old 11th July 2007, 23:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

anyone who does this in delhi/NCR? I am looking for a beige/black combo. beige is already there.. i want to get the lower portion and door panels painted black. will opt for a matt finish.
Old 13th July 2007, 20:31   #21
BHPian

Had got my Lancer's interiors painted..The paint was Dupont..Will recommend this to everyone...Only costed me 2k and the whole interior is Back to new look...
Old 14th July 2007, 09:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Had got my Lancer's interiors painted..The paint was Dupont..Will recommend this to everyone...Only costed me 2k and the whole interior is Back to new look...
Share pictures of your car's interiors, to help us get a better picture.

Thanks.
Old 14th July 2007, 10:12   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Hi Buddy,

IMO it is next to impossible to get the entire interior(dash, door trims, etc) painted in 2k. The only possibility being he has not carried out the correct process and used appropriate raw materials. It is likely you will get paint peel off/chipping soon.

As a test try scrapping a tiny portion of the painted surface where it is not noticeable you will not find the plastic primer.

Viper
Old 14th July 2007, 11:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
thanks VIPER.

Today will sample a couple of shades in black and dark grey.
How does painting compare to treating interiors with leather coat (like those guys at agmtechnologies do) ?

Also, please share your experience and pics.
Old 16th July 2007, 17:41   #25
BHPian

Hi Viper ..Was very happy with the work till u said that ...Will check What u said..But as far as i know there are only two steps in this..Applying primer and then paint...so where do u think he Skipped..The only problem i see is that there was a Scratched part in the dash which is still visible now(though less now)...Which he said If rubbed will make that space even and wil get noticed...
Old 17th July 2007, 04:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Post some pics buddy so that we can see the quality of the job and advice accordingly.
Old 27th July 2007, 17:56   #27
BHPian

guys what is ur opinion of sticking art leather on the entire door panel, as in the places where red is painted (im referring to the kitup lancer mods)?
Has something like this been tried anywhere...therez this guy in tvm, seatco that says they have done it.. but i havent seen any cars with the same?
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:06   #28
BHPian

looks like my dreams of getting the whole door pad customised has turned to dust .
What i wanted :
RExine/Art leather door panels (not just the trims)

Talked to stanley bangalore(Yashwant) and the Emperor motors(aneesh). Looks like this kind of mod will look really lousy(in fact it cannot be done) on the esteem(2001 VX) doors cause the moulding is different. The only thing i can do up are the door trims. Talked abt custom made panels and both the guys are doubtful.
In fact the colors i want are not available in g-sport/art leather. Had seen the catalog at car park, tvm(referred to by emperor motors,anish)
The next option is to go for genuine leather, but thats out of ma budget.
Im goin to chennai this weekend, let me see if i can get something there.
artofzen, Designation & Hydra thanks for your inputs. I guess ill have to look at some other options.
Old 13th September 2008, 00:30   #29

Painting the dashboard of NHC

Folks I need your advice on re-painting the dashboard of my NHC GXi model. Recently the liquid from the Ambipur car perfume spilt from the bottle and ate away the paint on the dashboard and I am really feeling bad about it.

So I was planning to get it repainted. Has anyone got this done before and what could the cost be? Also it would be great if anyone can point me to a place where I can get this done in Hyderabad. I am also considering to get the bumpers painted for the scratches.
Old 4th October 2008, 22:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venka007 View Post
Folks I need your advice on re-painting the dashboard of my NHC GXi model. Recently the liquid from the Ambipur car perfume spilt from the bottle and ate away the paint on the dashboard and I am really feeling bad about it.

So I was planning to get it repainted. Has anyone got this done before and what could the cost be? Also it would be great if anyone can point me to a place where I can get this done in Hyderabad. I am also considering to get the bumpers painted for the scratches.

Custom dash board painting is a very tedious job and expensive too. Here in Coimbatore they charged 1 lakh for interior painting (dash board,front & rear door pads , gear box tray) . You have to remove the entire dash board and paint it.

Most Viewed