Team-BHP - New horn for santro xing.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   New horn for santro xing. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/26140-new-horn-santro-xing.html)

hi all,

guyz, i recently drove to agra in my xing, and due to continous blaring, the horn went kaput.It was an aftermarket "imported" horn and had started giving me troubles since i installed it; it changed tones on its own and lost its loudness; but i used to get it adjusted or repaired and it lasted for another 2 days or so., after which an adjustment got due.I used to get so very annoyed.:mad:

Now that it has completely lost its breath, i want to change to some branded horns..my priorities are-- moderatly high loudnes, sturdy and extremely durable, should be able to withstand continous and wild blaring, should have a very pleasant and royal sound(like those on an optra and octavia). Budget restricted to 400 bucks. Kindly help me choose the correct horn. Thanks in advance.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishesh (Post 494311)
i want to change to some branded horns..my priorities are-- moderatly high loudnes, sturdy and extremely durable, should be able to withstand continous and wild blaring, should have a very pleasant and royal sound(like those on an optra and octavia). Budget restricted to 400 bucks. Kindly help me choose the correct horn. Thanks in advance.please:

Go to pet shop and buy a canary lol:

on a more serious note, a good horn will cost you atleast twice your budget. You could buy Hella the one with the red grill, or Nautilus which is pretty loud.

Quote:

hi all,
moderatly high loudnes, sturdy and extremely durable, should be able to withstand continous and wild blaring, should have a very pleasant and royal sound(like those on an optra and octavia). Budget restricted to 400 bucks. Kindly help me choose the correct horn. Thanks in advance.please:

The horns which you are talking about are easily available and are for 450rs and installation extra they are pretty loud but don't let water inside them
donna know the company will let you know the name of the company soon

roots have the horns that you are referring to.

Nautilus and air horns are very sensitive to water and have a very short life span. I have been living with these air horns for last hmmmm 31 years lol..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...wer-horns.html

Quote:

Now that it has completely lost its breath, i want to change to some branded horns..my priorities are-- moderatly high loudnes, sturdy and extremely durable, should be able to withstand continous and wild blaring, should have a very pleasant and royal sound(like those on an optra and octavia). Budget restricted to 400 bucks.

In budget you mentioned you can buy only roots vibra mini and that is not good for highways.

And do not buy Hella red grills now because they are reconditioned and it will be around 900 rs.

So now you have two options.. Either get a Stebel Nautilius for 700 Bucks or Roots vibrasonic (always found in tata 407:Frustrati) for rs 650. But my vote goes to Stebel Nautilus.

And have a look at power horns thread link given by khanak.

Vishesh within your budget there's only one horn I know of. roots windtone horn.

Root Industries Limited - Products - WINDTONE

I have the windtone rainbow and it's twice as loud as the octavia horn sounds the same and lasted me more than 2 years. this horn makes buses move out of your way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 494503)
Vishesh within your budget there's only one horn I know of. roots windtone horn.

Root Industries Limited - Products - WINDTONE

I have the windtone rainbow and it's twice as loud as the octavia horn sounds the same and lasted me more than 2 years. this horn makes buses move out of your way.

Hi Vid.
From where i can get this Horn. Is it available at accessory shops, and do they install properly? Or should i visit MGA dealer? Will it fit in a wagonR ? And does it cause any warranty issues? Does it sound exactly like the Octavia/Optra ?

Sorry for bombarding so many questions. But i need one desperately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 494509)
Hi Vid.
From where i can get this Horn. Is it available at accessory shops, and do they install properly? Or should i visit MGA dealer? Will it fit in a wagonR ? And does it cause any warranty issues? Does it sound exactly like the Octavia/Optra ?

Sorry for bombarding so many questions. But i need one desperately.

Hey dceite, it's available at almost all accessory shops. Infact my maruti service guy stocks these.

It fits on any car. just remove the old one and connect this. No warranty issues and no wire cutting. It will fit on any car on the same old stock position.

It's very similar to the octavia sound only louder.

The one that the octavia uses is a bosch horn called symphony.

Horns - SHARPTONE horns

The bosch horn costs Rs.500 and the Roots one costs Rs.350.

these are the skoda oe horns (i was told by the shopkeeper)
they costed me around 450 for the horns and some 100 odd bucks for fitting and a switch because i also wanted to retain the oe horns of my alto

What is the brand used in Chevy Optra and how much does it cost ?

Mods : Please merge this thread with http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...wer-horns.html

Well, went to Lajpat Nagar today. The Windtone Rainbow was not available at the shops i checked. So settled for a Windtone Super. Sounds exactly the way i wanted. (Skoda/Optra type). Cost me 450 inclusive installation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 508087)
Well, went to Lajpat Nagar today. The Windtone Rainbow was not available at the shops i checked. So settled for a Windtone Super. Sounds exactly the way i wanted. (Skoda/Optra type). Cost me 450 inclusive installation.

I have the same one windtone super. I checked the box later. Sorry for the wrong info before I looked at the picture. The picture on the link i posted is incorrect right? there's no grill on the windtone super.

The horn is loud and sounds super.