Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 11:06   #61
BHPian

Re: Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Apart from STEDI, here is another great option for all THAR owners who wants to upgrade to a branded LED sealed headlight unit without losing the originality.

Brand - PHILIPS
Model - H6024LED
Made - Taiwan
These will look great on the Thar, while maintaining the stock look. Priced at USD 145 per light, they are very similar to Stedi's price wise. Looking forward to your review on these. Cheers!
Nair.V8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 00:33   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from STEDI, here is another great option for all THAR owners who wants to upgrade to a branded LED sealed headlight unit without losing the originality.

Brand - PHILIPS
Model - H6024LED
Made - Taiwan
Looks great! But won’t these be aligned for LHD USA market and hence have a weird cutoff for our RHD setup?

Loving all the options coming up in this thread btw!
s4ch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 09:01   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Would be really thankful if you may point out, which one you've bought and what was the landing price.
I got the grille from Bimbra. Found their product quality to be generally good, while their sales team is very proactive. Their Mumbai dealer Futurz 4x4 offered to paint it, but I got Redline AutoHaus (who installed all my custom parts) to make the grille red. Just ping them with a picture of my grille and they'll connect you to their nearest dealer.

Quote:
Nice one, thanks for sharing! Do let us know your feedback once installed, along with the landed cost.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 21:36   #64

Thanks to GTO for starting this very important thread as I was looking for headlight upgrade for my thar. I went ahead and got Stedi Homage headlights too from the contact shared by GTO of Community offroaders, picked up from them in Delhi. Headlights are plug and play but original thar headlight brackets do need minor alterations to fit these headlights into them and rest is easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img20230310wa0002.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img20230310wa0000.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img20230310wa0001.jpg  

udeybeer is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 13:52   #65
BHPian

Looks great.. are these road legal?
Old 13th March 2023, 17:26   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapany View Post
Looks great.. are these road legal?
Indian law will consider anything aftermarket as illegal. However, these are road legal in Australia, they have been designed and engineered for RHD roads. They do not blind on coming traffic, as the cut-off line is well within limits. The beam throw is far superior to the stock lights. The Stedi Homage in particular has a very OEM like appearance, thereby minimizing the chances of any legal disputes.
Nair.V8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 18:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udeybeer View Post
Thanks to GTO for starting this very important thread as I was looking for headlight upgrade for my thar. I went ahead and got Stedi Homage headlights too from the contact shared by GTO of Community offroaders, picked up from them in Delhi. Headlights are plug and play but original thar headlight brackets do need minor alterations to fit these headlights into them and rest is easy.
Looking Good. Suits the retro and minimal looks though tough to decide if the Carbon or the Homage is better. Close call
Old 15th March 2023, 21:39   #68
BHPian

Question to all who are going for the Stedi lights- How would they fare during heavy monsoon or fog? A cousin is coming over from Australia and I am contemplating between the Stedi Homage versus simply upgrading to 90/100w halogens with a relay. I know pricing is not comparable between the two but not letting that be the deciding factor.

Any views?
Old 17th March 2023, 13:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Question to all who are going for the Stedi lights- How would they fare during heavy monsoon or fog? A cousin is coming over from Australia and I am contemplating between the Stedi Homage versus simply upgrading to 90/100w halogens with a relay. I know pricing is not comparable between the two but not letting that be the deciding factor.

Any views?
I have upgraded my to 130/100 Phillips using a relay from Minda. Seem to be working well as of now and I don’t see the need to upgrade anything but it has not rained. Halogen should not scatter that much being a warm colour.

Best part of this is easy and cheap replacement should a bulb fuse or a headlight is damaged as 7 inch sealed beams and H4 bulbs are easily available.

Mahindra should have given a good headlight set up with LEDs and DRLs like the Wrangler , Defender , Jimny or G wagon have all done. These would have defined the Thar.

Hopefully the 5 seater has one but we have alot of options in the after market to uniquely customise our Thars.
Urorobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 14:55   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would you have picture of the light throw from inside the vehicle? Current picture from the front does not give one an idea of how the beam formation is nor the throw that the new set of light offers. Sharing that would be helpful please.
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 13:42   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Would you have picture of the light throw from inside the vehicle? Current picture from the front does not give one an idea of how the beam formation is nor the throw that the new set of light offers. Sharing that would be helpful please.
Haven't clicked any pictures from inside the vehicle yet, will surely do over the weekend and then share here.
Old 18th March 2023, 23:18   #72
BHPian

Follow up question. Would using a relay and upgraded bulbs void warranty?
Old 19th March 2023, 21:09   #73

Hi, clicked some pictures on an empty road, quality is not that great as all i did was point my phone camera holding in portrait mode and shoot sitting at driver's seat. There was no street light nor any other vehicle lights from behind. Headlights:- Stedi Homage
Attached Thumbnails
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img20230319wa00042.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img20230319wa00052.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img20230319wa00062.jpg  

Last edited by udeybeer : 19th March 2023 at 21:26.
udeybeer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 01:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Follow up question. Would using a relay and upgraded bulbs void warranty?
Technically yes but they guy who did my ( ex army and ex maruti workshop manager) told me that since no wires cut should anything happen they will remove the relay and bulbs and put everything like stock 😊

Hope that helps. An eagle eye if hell bent will even spot that. It is not a Merc so modify it as you want. Guys modify them expensive wranglers.

Would post pics of my set up at night to show the light and yes it has been raining here so absolutely no trouble in rain.

Dazzling white LEDs on high beam are a nuisance and even two wheelers are blinding and the fortuners are becoming very irritating when they constantly flash to over take you .
Urorobo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 10:54   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Stedi Homage
Thanks, pretty decent. Low beam especially, high beam I felt throw is limited (length wise) but one of the better ones I have seen.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed