Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 12:36   #76
BHPian

Re: Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?

STEDI 7-inch Carbon Black LED Headlight - 1 month usage update

Over the last two months my Thar has been put to good use and the odometer has now crossed 2500 kms. The Thar has been of great help for furniture shifting (with rear seats folded of course), for sales meetings across Mumbai and for weekend getaways to Lonavala/Pune. The Thar with its great road presence, good visibility and smooth auto box has given me a stress-free driving experience thus far; and adding to the stress-free driving experience are these Stedi Carbon LED units. Be it late night city/expressway runs or driving over unlit dirt roads post sunset, these lights performed flawlessly. Attaching a few sunset pictures taken from a recent family trip to Aamby:

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-picsart_230320_114859636.jpg

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-picsart_230320_115128320.jpg
Nair.V8 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 22:37   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Would you have picture of the light throw from inside the vehicle? Current picture from the front does not give one an idea of how the beam formation is nor the throw that the new set of light offers. Sharing that would be helpful please.
This is the lighting setup. Stedi Homage headlights and LED foglamps:
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-thar-19.jpg

Here's a look at the throw of the headlamps and fog lamps (low beam above, high beam below) combined:
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-thar-26.jpg
Omkar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 16:04   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
This is the lighting setup. Stedi Homage headlights and LED foglamps:
Attachment 2434898

Here's a look at the throw of the headlamps and fog lamps (low beam above, high beam below) combined:
Attachment 2434900
Missed replying earlier, I think light is pretty good when it comes to the focus part. Right amount of dispersion etc. Only thing I noticed was the throw or reach could have been better. Maybe the narrow road is giving that perception also.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 19:12   #79
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi, I checked out a pair of lights graded at 4300 kelvin. Will update about the lights tomorrow. They are costing about 9 k.
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 12:17   #80
BHPian

Hi TBHP

Since most Car companies read TBHP can we not ask MnM as a forum here to get us certified modern lights that are official accessories by MnM for Thar.

They have overlooked the headlights and since many companies are available they can source one easily.

1 Lac Thars on the Road is a big enough market that already exists and all asking for the same accessory

Will also give the car the much needed homogeneous look

Looking at the trend … a unique or easy on the eye DRL with indicator and LED headlamps with projectors to give the car the modern look.

They could source it from Stedi or the many Chinese manufacturers or any of the Desi OEM manufacturers could do it for them.

Will give the Car a homogeneous and good look while doing away with all those useless LEDs available in the market and keeping warranty intact plus peace of mind.

They could price it at par with Stedi Australia at 20 k ( here it costs double due to duty , taxes n transport)

An H shaped DRL would look good ��
Urorobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 21:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udeybeer View Post
Hi, clicked some pictures on an empty road, quality is not that great as all i did was point my phone camera holding in portrait mode and shoot sitting at driver's seat. There was no street light nor any other vehicle lights from behind. Headlights:- Stedi Homage
It could be due to camera but lighting seems a bit weak. See, this is the throw of Hella manufactured lamps with Osram Nightbreakers. Fog lamps are stock.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-20230608_200641.jpg

With Fog Lamps On, Low Beam

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-20230608_200652.jpg

With Fog Lamps On, High Beam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
This is the lighting setup. Stedi Homage headlights and LED foglamps
Could you share pictures with fog lamps off?

Last edited by batish : 8th June 2023 at 21:14.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 13:05   #82
BHPian

I think a good option for people to consider would be the new Jimmy LED headlights as a retrofit for the Thar. They seem to have good light output being an OEM product, and would look sharp too. Wonder how difficult it would be to create a mounting bracket to fit them in the Thar.
Old 22nd June 2023, 13:20   #83
BHPian

I installed the Stedi Homage on my 2019 Thar Crde.. A friend carried it from Australia.
Costed Aud 399. The frame required some modifications but the socket is a direct fit.
Light alignment is extremely critical and the lights come with instructions on how to align them. Will let the picture do the talking.,
Attached Thumbnails
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_3505.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_3952.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_3748.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-cb21c6ab11a344a29a3165edfc63271d.jpg  

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_4210.jpg  

Last edited by Starscream1188 : 22nd June 2023 at 13:23.
Starscream1188 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 10:34   #84
BHPian

Does anyone have any feedback on Chinese non branded 7 inch lights. Plenty of options around and they cost anywhere between 10-15k for a pair. Is it worth spending on these or better to cough up nearly 3-4 times and go for something like Stedi? Will be installing on the Gypsy. Any advice appreciated. Pics will be great to see if someone has the cheaper lights installed.
Old 23rd July 2023, 12:28   #85
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
Does anyone have any feedback on Chinese non branded 7 inch lights.
Haven't heard a single good review of them. As with most non-branded stuff, you might get lucky, but the odds are stacked heavily against you.

Quote:
Is it worth spending on these or better to cough up nearly 3-4 times and go for something like Stedi?
Either go for branded LEDs (I have shared some options on this thread in the 25 - 30k range), or upgrade your halogens if on a budget.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 17:34   #86
BHPian

STEDI 7-inch Carbon Black LED Headlight - 5 month usage update

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-picsart_230726_163434745.jpg

This week marks 5 months since I’ve had these lights installed and I’ve been more than satisfied with their performance. With the onset of the monsoons, I’ve been actively visiting various off-road trails across Maharashtra with local 4x4 groups. These lights have performed flawlessly in heavy rains, dense fog & other low visibility situations I’ve faced so far.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-picsart_230726_164600614.jpg

I still can’t get enough of how well these lights compliment the Thar, the smoked look & unique DRL signature give it a unique presence. I’ll be installing a 7-slot grill soon, can’t wait to see the combined outcome of the new grill & the Stedi lights!
Nair.V8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 17:45   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Agreed. Love the Stedis. This is from a recent highway drive:
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1647.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 12:18   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
I installed the Stedi Homage on my 2019 Thar Crde.. The frame required some modifications but the socket is a direct fit.
Light alignment is extremely critical and the lights come with instructions on how to align them. Will let the picture do the talking.,
Thanks for sharing mate; can you tell me what exactly had to be cut to fit the headlight? Does the motor (headlight adjuster) mechanism work like earlier?
Old 23rd August 2023, 10:04   #89
BHPian

Thank you GTO for creating this useful thread. I just received my Stedi Carbon black headlights today. As I directly ordered from Stedi(AU) website, Total cost came as Rs. 33,714.69/- including all taxes. I'll share the pictures once these are installed on my Thar. Also, I want to thank Nair.V8 for making my decision easy by posting many pictures of his beautiful Thar.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-whatsapp-image-20230823-9.54.38-am.jpeg
snallagatla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 11:22   #90
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Thank you GTO for creating this useful thread. I just received my Stedi Carbon black headlights today. As I directly ordered from Stedi(AU) website, Total cost came as Rs. 33,714.69/- including all taxes.
Nice, please do share pictures of your Thar with the new headlamps.

Here is how mine looks with the headlights on - love the half eye look . Most unique on the road:
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img_1854.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks