Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 12:17   #16
BHPian

I think it can be done. Just ask Huyndai people to fix an i10 /santro backside wiper assembly. I think there shouldn't be much of an issue in this

Last edited by pingping : 26th June 2008 at 12:19.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:27   #17
BHPian

@madhokritesh: Dude did you get an info as to how this can be done. Have an old Santro back home and would love to get this done..
Old 26th June 2008, 12:43   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post
I think it can be done. Just ask Huyndai people to fix an i10 /santro backside wiper assembly. I think there shouldn't be much of an issue in this
Buddy,

Have been there and tried it out. Its works out too damn expensive if you want it to work the original way. Couple of things you should consider

1> If you simply fit the rear assembly as suggested above then the motor will be exposed from inside the car.

2> How are you going to wire it up. Will not work from the original stalk on steering wheel.

3> Risk of water leakage and glass breakage during cutting process.

4> How are you going to fit a Rear Wiper Screen washer.

Please consider all of the above before going ahead. Its not as simple as it sounds.

Viper
viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2008, 15:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Buddy,

Have been there and tried it out. Its works out too damn expensive if you want it to work the original way. Couple of things you should consider

1> If you simply fit the rear assembly as suggested above then the motor will be exposed from inside the car.

2> How are you going to wire it up. Will not work from the original stalk on steering wheel.

3> Risk of water leakage and glass breakage during cutting process.

4> How are you going to fit a Rear Wiper Screen washer.

Please consider all of the above before going ahead. Its not as simple as it sounds.

Viper
Hi. Agree with you. But what I meant is only the wiper, motor and a switch (like a swith we use to change horn), rest all are expensive thing to try out as aftermarket. Also you shouldn't be expecting a very neat clean job like covering the motor, wire and fixing Screen washer all. My idea would work out very cheap but not a perfect though
Old 30th March 2009, 13:22   #20
BHPian

The most practical solution? At the next car upgrade, make sure to buy the high-end model trim with an OEM rear wiper!
Old 15th May 2009, 14:08   #21
BHPian

Replace i10 rear Arm

My cleaner has broker rear arm of my i10. I thought of replace it myself. I just removed the plastic cap at the end and found one nut bolt on it. Even after removing it, it does not loose the grip. Is there anything I have to do it so that it comes out. Do I need to remove anything from inside the read door? Any idea ??

Moreover is there any place I can get Arm + blade outside dealership. They are charging 750 for arm and 540 for blade. Not sure about labour. Kashmiri gate i tried and no luck.

Thanks
Old 17th May 2009, 17:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey sam,even if the rear arm is broken you can use the blade isnt it.Get the arm from the A.S.S itself and ask them to fix the old blade.For swift its about 400 rs for the ZXi variant.
750rs is on a higher side but still i think hyundai has a waranty on spares too.
6 months or 10k kms
ram
Old 10th March 2013, 22:27   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Queries on fitting rear window wiper etc

Hello fellow BHPians!

I have decided to undertake this (mis)-adventure. I went to a MASS today and asked them to fit a rear wiper & washer assembly to my Zen Lx. It's definitely not as easy as it sounds. Although I knew this fact, but discussed this for about half an hour with the service adviser.

Wiper motor, arm, blades, washer nozzle...are the components that are exposed and they are like the tip of the iceberg! Many other things will be needed/ replaced. Like the water tank will be replaced as the models with rear wipers need to have 2 washer pump motors attached to the tank- for front windshield & rear. Water pipe will have to be extended to the rear from the front which goes along the inside of the roof. New Wiring harness for the new motor, stalk controls etc will be needed.

But the major thing is that 2 holes will be needed to be made in the hatch, which they plan to make by using a welding torch. This may result in painting the hatch completely if needed! For the job, I need to shell around 11K. If the paint job is not required, then I will save 2K!

I have decided to go for it and have asked MASS to go ahead and order the components. Let's see how it rolls out.

Will keep posted.
Thanks,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 22:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have gotten this done when my car was rear ended by a bus, and the hatch door was replaced. Anyway since the wash/wipe on the indica is mounted on the rear glass, no cutting/shutting was involved. Stuff from the DLX was used, and involved a lot of new parts other than the rear wiper. - the wash nozzles, piping, additional switchgear on the dashboard, an additional reservoir, additional pump. Thankfully since the body parts were being replaced under warranty, I had to pay only the incremental cost, so it ended up quite cheap.

Of course, Only if you get your car massively rear ended though!
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 00:35   #25
BHPian

I had been using a Zen Vxi for long time before buying sedan cars and have done a few highway drives in rain in the Zen. The rear winow wiper and rear defogger combo is a bliss on a humid rainy day. In fact I had checked for a retrofitment of rear wiper on sedan, found no one who can do this in Kolkata. Of the larger cars, noted only the accent Viva notchback had this factory fitted, though I have not driven one. Even today after some years I would prefer to drive the Zen on a rainy day for such great visibility.

Any one having knowledge of a retro fitment kit sold in India? Kindly let us know.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:28   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Of course, Only if you get your car massively rear ended though!
[/quote]

I missed it! Just about 2 years ago, my car was rear-ended by a tractor! My car was stationary and standing near a dhaba! That drunk tractor guy somehow managed to hit my car from behind. Thankfully no injuries to anyone.
The car's hatch was changed. I even inquired MASS that time too but they quoted about 18-20K and they were not really interested in undertaking the job I felt. So, I gave up that time for the huge expenditure required.
But this time, another MASS is interested in diong the job and the price quoted looks reasonable by previous standard. So, decided to get it done.
The update is MASS has ordered the parts, as they told me the day before on phone. Let's see how much time it takes for the complete adventure!

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 11:59   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

I am sorry to put up back-to-back posts but my edit time had expired, so I beg for pardon!

I would also like to install a rear-defogger in the windshield. I have heard that heaters in sticker forms are available and can be just stuck easily of the rear windshield which work fine. Members kindly let me know if anything as such is available.

Regards,
Saket
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:42   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: Rather a bad news. The project was shelved because of non-availability if spares with MASS. They said that they will need to place an order to Maruti which will take at least 20-25 days time. So, for now, its no rear wipe-wash for me.
Old 9th November 2017, 13:03   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry not to update this thread. Rear wash-wipe was added as a DIY some time ago. Just stumbled on this thread and I thought I should update and provide a link to the process.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...aruti-zen.html

Thanks.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 17:56   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I would also like to install a rear-defogger in the windshield.
I'm in ! Tell me when you are ready. I have earmarked all the required spares, and should be a fun sunday project.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 9th November 2017 at 18:13.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks