Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 09:03   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So I guess you would find "4x4" & "Turbo" written on the same car funny too!!

Here in bangalore you can see some autos with 4x4 stickers and also some Tempo travellers with 12x1 stickers ( It needs to be 12+1 for permit , but they think it will be cool to put it as 12x1 )

I have also seen some call center cabs with Virginia and New Jersey plates apart from the KA-0X plates
Old 15th January 2008, 09:33   #227
BHPian

There is a santro in ITPL that is stuffed with fake flowers and plants and even fruits like grapes , banana and pineapple.

We call it the "nandavanam car"

Also the MOST irritating thing is people sharing nuggets of wisdom with me through the back of their vehicle (cars, lorries and autos )

A few days back I saw this and I am reproducing it here verbatim

"Trust a snake but not a girls Love is posion"
Old 15th January 2008, 10:01   #228
BHPian

1) An audio CD handing inside the car ( normally on the inside Mirror )

2) Reverse alarm

3) Fully populated Dashboard

4) Unwanted Tweeters on the front dash

5) colourfull wheel caps

6) Names of entire family members written on the rear glass.

7)Stupid stickering
Old 15th January 2008, 10:11   #229
BHPian

I dont know why so many people are againt the reverse alarm as long as it is not a latest bollywood hit song troubling you. It is just an alarm warning the people coming behind it. How else one can warn the people that the car is reversing... just wondering...I found this alarm to be handy.. Any comments??
Old 15th January 2008, 11:07   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
I dont know why so many people are againt the reverse alarm as long as it is not a latest bollywood hit song troubling you. It is just an alarm warning the people coming behind it. How else one can warn the people that the car is reversing... just wondering...I found this alarm to be handy.. Any comments??
No buddy, IMHO reversing lights are sufficient to signify that your car is backing up. Why create unnecessary noise pollution?
Old 15th January 2008, 11:23   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
No buddy, IMHO reversing lights are sufficient to signify that your car is backing up. Why create unnecessary noise pollution?
But you know what? many in India are not educated enough to understand that a car is backing up just by looking at the reversing lights.
How about kids? They won't know this at all. In my case, to get my car into the garage, I need to go forward first-reverse- straighten up and then move forward to the garage due to the available crunched space. The road opposite to my house even though it is a 30 feet road has been encroached badly by my neighbours who had planted trees/mini gardens etc. Also Many kids play around in the road opposite to my house. I feel more secure with the alarm. Everyone knows for 100% sure that a car is reversing by hearing the reverse alarm.I feel it has become a culture in India to use the reverse alarms. As long as you don't use high pitch songs etc, it should be ok i feel.
Old 15th January 2008, 13:38   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

If kids know about reversing alarms, then they can know about reversing lights!

However, I certainly know adult non-drivers who do not understand the meaning of any car light.

Reversing alarms are for large vehicles, where the driver has no way of being able to see the space just behind them. In UK you will even hear, "Warning: this vehicle is reversing".

Car drivers have no such excuse, and are supposed to take account of, and give way to, pedestrians.

Of course, in India (well, in Chennai....) the misconception is that the horn gives right of way, and probably feel their reversing alarm does too.

Horrible things!
Old 15th January 2008, 13:56   #233
BHPian

Reverse alarms are acceptable if a seperate switch is set up on the car to enable them ONLY when needed. Its always a menace when you hear these unwanted noise late at night, specially bu the call center cabs at 2 or 3 in the morning. i feel like
Old 15th January 2008, 16:46   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Reverse alarms are acceptable if a seperate switch is set up on the car to enable them ONLY when needed. Its always a menace when you hear these unwanted noise late at night, specially bu the call center cabs at 2 or 3 in the morning. i feel like
Now i understand why you are against the reverse alarm . But I don't disturb other's sleep as never had come home later than 9pm .
Anyways, I am convinced of having the reverse alarm!!!!.
Old 15th January 2008, 21:12   #235
Senior - BHPian

The reverse alarm is such an irritating accessory. I remember this Omni with the alarm blaring at 4am,and it had this:
'Your attention please..this car is backing up'.

Given a chance,I would have backed a truck into that van.
Old 16th January 2008, 11:39   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Imagine yourself trying to reverse park in your apartment basement at 2 'O clock in the morning. You'll know. If you still don't know, OTHERS will let you know.

Basically it turns out to be common sense NOT to make SO MUCH NOISE.

-- Torqy
Old 16th January 2008, 13:09   #237
BHPian

my top ones
1. Stickers! Specially the showroom/service center stickers - i usually ask them to not put it
2. irritating reverse horns
3. plastic flowers all over the dash
4. people on mobiles while driving.
5. fake Quarter Panel stickers usually in single or dual tone color - get some original ones instead
6. using high beams unecessarily inside the city premises

Regarding the soft toys, I feel thts ok,my car does have a soft toy and two pillows
Old 16th January 2008, 13:34   #238
BHPian

If all this fuss about reverse alarm is about parking at midnight, then it is high time we should have a switch to control/mute the volume of the reverse alarm. It sure is handy during daytime.
Old 16th January 2008, 13:50   #239
BHPian

Quote:
If all this fuss about reverse alarm is about parking at midnight, then it is high time we should have a switch to control/mute the volume of the reverse alarm. It sure is handy during daytime.

We do have the option with the switch. I use it regularly. When use the reverse in crowded places more frequently. It does help.

At night, a strict NO NO
Old 16th January 2008, 14:30   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
We do have the option with the switch. I use it regularly. When use the reverse in crowded places more frequently. It does help.

At night, a strict NO NO
That's cool. People can go for the reverse alarms with this option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks