Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 16:56   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
These tops my list:

1) Reverse music of some silly bollywood song. (or rather any reverse music)
2) Sticker at the back - of a dog lifting up some cloth and peeping out.
3) Floral arrangement / fur lining on the dashborad - some people swear by it, saying it eases driving - they say they can now clearly distinguish between road and the dash!
4) Badges of BMWs and the likes in Altos and similar cars of wannabes. It kills both the brands!
5) Sporty and flashy sticker work in cars like Alto - what an attitude with a tinbox!
6) Very dark sun films on the side & rear glasses. Just hate to sit inside such cars.
7) Some cheap car perfumes which smells so strong that even after getting out of the car, your cloths smell the same way.
8) Big dolls/thingys hung from the inside RVM, which obstructs the view.
9) That tiger's doll / teddy bear kept on the rear parcel tray - Yuk!!
10) Rear wind shield with the kids name / house name / wife's name written on it.
11) Bling wheel cups in tiny wheels
12) Additional external RVM affixed on the bonnets of M800s/Altos.
13) Rain shield (I don't know what you call it) affixed on all the side window tops.
I already have item number 6 and and planning to get item number 13, rest all even i hate.

Pramod

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th October 2009 at 12:35. Reason: Please use the PM feature for OT 1 on 1 discussions. Thanks.
Old 16th October 2009, 18:51   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Any sort of undercar lighting, especially blue fluorescent.

Whilst (like many body decorations) it is supposed to give an impression of speed and performance, the truth is that the rf radiation of fluorescent units can affect the cars ICU, and, if strong enough, can directly lead to dulling of the spark in petrol engines.

This, of course, is even more pronounced in PC cases and, after fitting you flashing LED fan, you notice black exhaust smoke coming from your PC, you now know why.
Old 17th October 2009, 09:56   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
So I made one laugh today. The email attachement I got in the morning says make at least three people laugh a day - 2 remaining

Yes of course, I forgot these:

14) Bullet holes - in rear glass , fuel lid
15) Dagger piercing the sheet metal and blood coming out
16) football shattering the rear glass.
LOL.. Man, you got almost every accessory covered in the list which is there in almost 90% of cars on Indian roads. I am sure, with so much irritating stuff, you must be having real tough time driving around.

I agree with the 'puppy popping out of the car' thing specially. When I saw it for the first time a few years ago, it was amusing. But then almost every guy who could print a sticker started copying it and now you see it so often in all sorts of colors and qualities (?) that it actually is irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Any sort of undercar lighting, especially blue fluorescent.

Whilst (like many body decorations) it is supposed to give an impression of speed and performance, the truth is that the rf radiation of fluorescent units can affect the cars ICU, and, if strong enough, can directly lead to dulling of the spark in petrol engines.

This, of course, is even more pronounced in PC cases and, after fitting you flashing LED fan, you notice black exhaust smoke coming from your PC, you now know why.
I did not know that. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 17th October 2009, 16:19   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did not know that.
Not many people do.

It was just me... now it's you too

Old 17th October 2009, 16:27   #320
BHPian

Guys..
forgot the infamous "dog horn" or "wolf horn" ?
Old 17th October 2009, 16:46   #321
Senior - BHPian

Reverse music - sometime it is irritating (too much of noise,erratic music !).
Consider in a housing area, some one comes around mid night and try to park his car
and so many reverse movements (even a small sound will be heard as louder in the night times) and the result - the neighbours wake up from sleep and cursing you.
Public nuicence?
Thanks
Old 17th October 2009, 17:25   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Especially if you live near a travels company.

All the taxis seem to have them, and of course they don't swithc them off for the night :(
Old 17th October 2009, 17:30   #323
Senior - BHPian

@ clevermax: hey, i dont think rain sheilds (or called as door visors) look irritating. infact it was a standard fitment on many high end SUVs. even my innova has them & i feel it looks good too. also, it has an advantage during rains too.
Old 17th October 2009, 17:35   #324
Senior - BHPian

For me loud music and bass notes are the most irritating thing on road. music should remain music and stay inside the car it plays.
Old 18th October 2009, 21:22   #325
BHPian

I would like to add:
-Very dark tinted windshields.
-Blue /Purple headlights that blind.
-Reverse horns, specially the ones with the Airtel commercial tune.
-Music systems with very high treble with the chik chik sound (Specially in cabs) which hurt your ears.
-All kinds of bumper stickers and service stations, brands etc.
-Names of family members on the he rear windshield.
-Stickers like ARMY, POLITE, University of Timbuktu, baby on board etc..

Last but not the least:
- A hanging green parrot -Must be the official mascot of all Bangalore Cab drivers.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:28   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ahem, that one is actually used in offroading. I always carry a foldable spade in my accessories bag, very useful for digging the Jeep out of trouble.
I perfectly understand for guys like you who really take the jeep for some serious offroading and hence the necessity and usefullness of such tools, but i am talking about the ones who just want to clamp it on just for show and no real purpose. I had seen one in which the tools were literraly clamped on and the clamps rivetted to the body of the jeep in which case it can never be removed and hence I assume its only for show. There was one guy in coimbatore that i know of who had one such jeep and he had just put it on for the heck of it and AFAIK never was into any offroading.
Old 17th July 2010, 20:29   #327
Senior - BHPian

Reverse noise, especially the really loud ones (I have a neighbor who has this, and takes forever to reverse his Alto in his pretty straightforward parking space )

Religious stickering on the front/rear windshields, especially the provoking ones.

Sunfilm that is too dark/reflective (cannot "see thru" the car and look at the traffic ahead of it)

Political party flags! (these guys don't have to pay toll anywhere, can drive on any side of the road, and expect everyone to make way for them)
Old 18th July 2010, 10:29   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Reverse noise, especially the really loud ones (I have a neighbor who has this, and takes forever to reverse his Alto in his pretty straightforward parking space )
My neighbor's Aveo U-VA has the Chevrolet India tune as his reverse noise (possibly a freebie with chevy car) in monophonic (as in Nokia 3315). The tune was so irritating I freed my parking space down the street & asked him to park there.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:47   #329
Senior - BHPian

Not too particular about these things especially the interiors and to some extent exteriors as its an individuals choice and he has the right to decorate as per taste. If someone turns alto to a sports car, no probs, probably the poor man can afford that and wants to feel happy.

But few irritants:-

-The baby cry horns. I mean they are cruel.
-Some young cheap boys, blasting the ICE to full volume ( esp full bass) with songs they wont know a thing about.
-In the North-West UP area (kanpur-agra etc) the side view mirrors of bikes folded backwards to look like a Namaskar.
-Again some young boys (I am damn sure without license) driving super fast with continuous horn without any reason. Like the VIP siren!

These are not exactly the modifications/accessories but originating from that.
Old 18th July 2010, 21:20   #330
Senior - BHPian

Some years back many guys used to hang an old CD from the IRVM. Luckily now not seen.
Another irritant is wider mud flaps extending to the wheel arches like elephant ears that too with fast colours especially in M800s.

Last edited by rajeev k : 18th July 2010 at 21:24. Reason: addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks