Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 14:31   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post

90% of the Coorgi cars will have their standard logo sticker on their cars.

-Z
Is it the "coorg wild life society" logo sticker?. If so, they are actually considered as a prestige symbol.

Originally, AFAIK, these logo's were given out to those who were 'licensed to kill'. I mean some people in coorg had the authority/license for poaching and these logos belonged to them.

But nowadays, almost every one sports aftermarket stickers, just to get that 'license to kill' effect, which they don't have.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2010, 14:31   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
My list (in the descending order of irritation level):

1. Powerful headlamps
- Many new drivers don't even know that they are not supposed to use high beams inside city in traffic.
- Have anyone noticed that the headlamps of Omni and TATA ACE are the most irritating?
You can add Santro to that list.

Tata Ace..the headlamp designers must be shot. Any survivors must be shot again.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 12th August 2010 at 14:35.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:47   #378
BHPian

My list Powerfull headlights in city traffic All cars, big and small who switch on all possible lights like powerful head lights, fog lamps and any additional ones too in city traffic.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:50   #379
BHPian

Just noticed that there is a seperate thread for weird and wacky stickers:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...dges-cars.html

So, let's keep this thread only for accessories.
Old 26th January 2011, 06:26   #380
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most irritating car accessories!!

What i Hate are:
  • Wolf Horn in Autos and Bikes
  • Tapering Horn in Bikes (nowadays in Cars Also. I heard a VW Jetta with this)
  • Color changing headlights (commonly found in Yellow Borad Indicas and Sumos)
  • Auto rickshaws fitted with Ben-Hur kind of wheels (Spikes)
  • SUV Front Crash Gaurds fit on a Small Car / Sedan
  • Stickers of other makes on an auto / other car (Ex. Ford Sticker on an Auto)(Ferrari Sticker on a M800 painted Red)
  • My Favorite - Porsche Moby Dick look alike Spoiler in an Auto
Old 26th January 2011, 07:22   #381
Senior - BHPian

To me the most irritating one is the reverse horn which is part of the remote lock system with that "kakaka-kakaka" sound. It is such an irritating one I feel like breaking the stuff off from those vehicles (though I can't).

In places where silence is the watchword like in front of hospitals, schools, place of worship etc it is such a great nuisance.

This stuff is most common for Santros and Indicas. Perhaps some cheap brands sold through Hyundai and Tata dealerships are the culprit here. This system also makes the lights flash twice or thrice each time the doors are opened. An idiot's invention piece.

Last edited by rajeev k : 26th January 2011 at 07:24. Reason: addition and correction
Old 26th January 2011, 08:22   #382
Senior - BHPian

In Fact - I prefer or rather like the reversing horn. I agree that some sounds are annoying like "Get out of my way", "wolf" etc

I an a place like india, I would recommend having it as there is no right of way. No one will bother if a car is backing up. most dont follow right of way here. At least that reversing sound is an indication to people that some vehicle is backing up. Even with Reversing Honks, Most 2Wheelrs, Cyclists and Pedestrians do not stop for the vehicle. By having this sound at least 1% of the population will stop. If I am on foot, and i see a vehicle reversing, I pass the vehicle by its front, so that he can back up easily.

In US, assume you are pulling out of a Walmart Parking lot in Reverse, If there is a vehicle coming behind, That Vehicle needs to wait and give way for the reversing vehicle. I doubt if this is followed here. Even i i am on the right most lane, with an indicator bliking ot turn right, waiting for oncoming traffic to subside, there will be so many Honkers honking and yet so many moron 2 wheelers passing by my right, even though the right indicator is on.

My humble opinion is that I prefer a Reversing horn with some pleasant sound in India.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 26th January 2011 at 08:24.
Old 26th January 2011, 08:38   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
To me the most irritating one is the reverse horn which is part of the remote lock system with that "kakaka-kakaka" sound. It is such an irritating one I feel like breaking the stuff off from those vehicles (though I can't).

In places where silence is the watchword like in front of hospitals, schools, place of worship etc it is such a great nuisance.

This stuff is most common for Santros and Indicas. Perhaps some cheap brands sold through Hyundai and Tata dealerships are the culprit here. This system also makes the lights flash twice or thrice each time the doors are opened. An idiot's invention piece.
@ rajeev K:

I had a good laugh reading your post, especially on the "kakaka" part. . I must say, considering how "deaf" (ignorant) our pedestrians are, we need to have not just such a reversing horn but two loudspeakers (like those used by lottery selling agents on their old cars) with an amplifier and a microphone inside using which one can shout "names" to such people, as you reverse, so that they give you way.

I personally do not have the "kakaka" device.

regards,

Nitin
Old 26th January 2011, 18:15   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
What i Hate are:
  • Wolf Horn in Autos and Bikes
  • Tapering Horn in Bikes (nowadays in Cars Also. I heard a VW Jetta with this)
Don't understand either --- but I'm having a wonderful fantasy about having a horn that howls like a wolf. I'll just use it for bikers!
Quote:
SUV Front Crash Gaurds fit on a Small Car / Sedan in an Auto
on any vehicle, of any size or type.

Say No to bull bars. They have no place on any vehicle outside of a forest. They kill.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2011, 20:21   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post

^^ +1 to that. Particularly when it starts yakking in a quiet basement and the driver takes forever to back up and shift gears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
In Fact - I prefer or rather like the reversing horn. I agree that some sounds are annoying like "Get out of my way", "wolf" etc

I an a place like india, I would recommend having it as there is no right of way. No one will bother if a car is backing up. most dont follow right of way here. At least that reversing sound is an indication to people that some vehicle is backing up. Even with Reversing Honks, Most 2Wheelrs, Cyclists and Pedestrians do not stop for the vehicle. By having this sound at least 1% of the population will stop. If I am on foot, and i see a vehicle reversing, I pass the vehicle by its front, so that he can back up easily.

In US, assume you are pulling out of a Walmart Parking lot in Reverse, If there is a vehicle coming behind, That Vehicle needs to wait and give way for the reversing vehicle. I doubt if this is followed here. Even i i am on the right most lane, with an indicator bliking ot turn right, waiting for oncoming traffic to subside, there will be so many Honkers honking and yet so many moron 2 wheelers passing by my right, even though the right indicator is on.

My humble opinion is that I prefer a Reversing horn with some pleasant sound in India.
In India the rule is - If a person is backing out, do not allow him to back out, instead try and squeeze in before he is out. For all you know someone behind you might overtake you from even the underside of your car and occupy the parking slot.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th January 2011 at 23:34. Reason: Posts merged. Please use MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE+ when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 14th April 2013, 17:17   #386
BHPian

Four i hate the most (though both of them have been listed already) :
1. Incredibly loud reversing sirens with flashing hazard lights (especially in the middle of the night taxi cabs!)
2. Flashing brake+reverse lights that seem common on Force/Tempo Travelers and Tata Sumos.
3. Music on braking (used to be common on bikes in Calcutta when I was small. Don't see them in Bangalore now).
4. People driving with their aftermarket fog lights on, pointing straight in the eye of driver in the opposite lane.
Old 14th April 2013, 17:39   #387
BHPian

Lately, the most irritating (dare I say that!) car accessory is a tbhp sticker on a non bhpian's car, I mean why put a sticker and know nothing about it! Imagine a real bhpian honking and flashing to get a stickered car driver's attention and all he/she gets is an irritated look even after showing off your own sticker! I find it really annoying when a nobody puts tbhp stickers on his car!
Old 15th April 2013, 16:12   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Lately, the most irritating (dare I say that!) car accessory is a tbhp sticker on a non bhpian's car, I mean why put a sticker and know nothing about it!

I find it really annoying when a nobody puts tbhp stickers on his car!
Ok, I share the concern that a 'real' bhpian honking to get the attention of the 'fake' bhpian only to gain nothing, but I must also add that there are many people out there who visit teambhp regularly but for some reason, are not registered with it. I was myself a daily visitor of teambhp for at least 3-4 years until I signed up last year. And all this time, it was not like I did not know anything about teambhp, as you said.

Also, we must not think that anybody who is not a bhpian, is not knowledgeable too. That's a wrong assumption, isn't it?

I think its okay for people to drive with teambhp stickers until they drive sanely, safely and follow the traffic rules just like most of the teambhpians. And for god's sake, let's not term them 'Nobody'.

However, rightly pointed, it will be a confusion when a bhpian tries to contact the non-bhpian on road! Will be a mis-fit as well if posted under the thread "Post sightings of teambhp car!"

My contribution to the topic would be:
1. Dangerously pointed hi-beam HIDs with blaring music.
2. Accessories like idols, etc on the dashboard.
3. boasting stickers
4. Chrome fittings
5. Fancy number plates.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 15th April 2013 at 16:17.
Old 15th April 2013, 16:21   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Ok, I share the concern that a 'real' bhpian honking to get the attention of the 'fake' bhpian only to gain nothing, but I must also add that there are many people out there who visit teambhp regularly but for some reason, are not registered with it. I was myself a daily visitor of teambhp for at least 3-4 years until I signed up last year. And all this time, it was not like I did not know anything about teambhp, as you said.

Also, we must not think that anybody who is not a bhpian, is not knowledgeable too. That's a wrong assumption, isn't it?

I think its okay for people to drive with teambhp stickers until they drive sanely, safely and follow the traffic rules just like most of the teambhpians. And for god's sake, let's not term them 'Nobody'.

However, rightly pointed, it will be a confusion when a bhpian tries to contact the non-bhpian on road! Will be a mis-fit as well if posted under the thread "Post sightings of teambhp car!"

Regards,
Saket
I sincerely think you just misunderstood me, if you were going through the forum, I am sure you would know that something like the "team BHP stickers' exist, and I assume you would at least smile if a bhpian gives you a thumbs up on the road!

The issue is when people just put up the stickers and know nothing about it, we are all on board and a community, we always feel happy to see a like-minded (read bhpian) on the streets.

With nobody, I did not mean to say that the human being is a real nobody, I just meant he/she is a nobody with respect to Team-BHP.
And it was irritating just to me, might not be to you!
Old 15th April 2013, 16:28   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I assume you would at least smile if a bhpian gives you a thumbs up on the road!
Smile? If time permits to both of us, I am open for a good chit chat! But sadly, I am still to spot a teambhp sticker in our relatively smaller city!

Quote:

With nobody, I did not mean to say that the human being is a real nobody, I just meant he/she is a nobody with respect to Team-BHP.
And it was irritating just to me, might not be to you!
As I said, I really share this concern. It will definitely be disappointing not to get an answer from the other guy fancying the sticker.

Regards,
Saket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks