Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 19:14   #91
BHPian

I don't lile Reverse horns. My car is fitted with Autocop, but i always mute it while reversing.
Old 12th July 2007, 19:25   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Whats the relation between central locking and reverse horns?
EDIT: Just realized that you meant the beep (or the siren) made during central locking. Mine is silent one.
Many aftermarket locking systems, include a reverse horn as part of the kit.
That is the relation.

I am pretty sure he's not referring to the lock (one beep) and unlock (2 beeps)
I leave mine on beep, simply because i don't have to wait to see the lights flash, to know it's locked. Sometimes I forget to lock and it's quite useful (especially from a distance away, in the afternoon, when I can't see the lights clearly)
Old 12th July 2007, 19:40   #93
BHPian

saw a sumo today, with giant rear-view mirrors, "fixed on the bonnet"!!

This apart from the mirrors on the front door.. now is that creativity or what?

sure it holds no utility value..
Old 12th July 2007, 19:43   #94
BHPian

I have an "on-demand" reverse horn in my car. It will beep only if I press the horn button while in reverse mode.
Old 12th July 2007, 19:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
The most irritating accessories/habits for me are

1. Driver (in many cases)
Spot on - The most IRRITATING accessory a car has is a STUPID DRIVER.

btw I hate those plastic GI JOES, dolls that are stuck on the dashboard and keep bumping away on their tall springs ! And some people have those jumping dolls in the rear too.

Also strategically placed stickers like a ball crashing through window glass, a dog with his limp innocent eyes staring at you from the bottom corner of the rear bumper of an Indica etc etc

Also names of the kids / wives / sisters / brothers / husbands written diagonally across the rear glass. Why ?? I have no clue !!

LED's inside the car everywhere - inside the speaker enclosures, under the seats, inside the ashtray, on the coin holder ..phew ! Why ??

Also those ugly metal stands on the A-pillar that hold Mineral water bottles that block the view while turning, generally seen in taxis (private ones too)

Crash guards on cars like the Santro and Wagon-R

More later.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

1 thing I really hate..are those aftermarket chrome door handles ! They look horrible on some cars. And some guys go the extra mile, to stick red-yellow-green reflectors on them..

reflectors are definitely a good thing, but when I see some Sumos/Trax that are convered in reflectors,I find it wierd. Makes it tough to drive at night..after a certain point it becomes more of a distraction , than a warning ( the presence of a vehicle)..
Old 12th July 2007, 20:53   #97
Senior - BHPian

I hate the company ads being stuck on the rear of the cars, like the palio had one saying ' You are following the car of the year' & now most marutis have the 'Have you seen the SX4'. I'd like to say 'what 4, where ?'
Old 12th July 2007, 21:52   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think while many BHPians will have central locking, not that many will have irritating reverse horns.
Those that do, are probably planning to disconnect it after reading this thread lol
Good one

Actually the previous owner had it on and the guy at the accessories store was not sure how to disarm it. he said he needed about 30 mins min.. and I did not have the time that day.

so if you guys who come for the drive this weekend hear it go "Keeek Keeeek Keeek Keeeek Keeek Keeeek Keeek Keeeek " I apologize
Old 12th July 2007, 22:30   #99
Team-BHP Support

Doubt!

How to disarm reverse beep on cars fitted with Autocop?

The beep comes when i engage reverse gear, and when i press a button on the remote, it goes off. I was wondering if i could take the reverse beeper off, cause its irritating.

Will this interfere with the proper functioning of the security system?

Old 12th July 2007, 22:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about the autocop, but in xenos, if you press the red button in the centre (Which activates silent operation), then the reverse beep also gets muted.
Old 13th July 2007, 03:08   #101
BHPian

I saw a red esteem(old one) in one of the traffic signals today on MG Road, Bangalore which had a real big spoiler which can be used to dry clothes, wide tyres with steel rims treated with chrome which were hanging out of the body, 1 fog lamp in the back, 4 for lamps in the front, two mirrors on the bonnet, after market wooden steering wheel and hell lot of meaning less stickers here and there and the interesting part was that he had fixed a fire extinguisher bottle painted in silver on the dash board and there were 3 NOS stickers on it and there was a red button fixed on the steering wheel which is supposed to be NOS button but it was actually a second horn button, i could notice it because after the signal was green he used both the buttons (i.e, the red button and the actual horn button) and there were two different sounds were coming from the vehicle one being the regular horn and the other one was a air horn to move a auto wallah who was blocking his way
Real innovative people......

Vijay
Old 13th July 2007, 03:31   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How to disarm reverse beep on cars fitted with Autocop?

The beep comes when i engage reverse gear, and when i press a button on the remote, it goes off. I was wondering if i could take the reverse beeper off, cause its irritating.

Will this interfere with the proper functioning of the security system?

I have autocop on my Ikon but it does not have the reverse alarm though I was aggressively being marketed that, I bought the parking sensor instead (beleive me the parking sensor has actually saved my car a couple of occasion from hitiing low obstacles while backing up and once I did not pay heed thinking it was false alarm - it also helps notifying if a dog or a child comes in the way while backing up)
Old 13th July 2007, 07:56   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I don't know about the autocop, but in xenos, if you press the red button in the centre (Which activates silent operation), then the reverse beep also gets muted.
That happens in autocop too. But have to press the mute button also everytime. Am thinking of taking it off completly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I have autocop on my Ikon but it does not have the reverse alarm though I was aggressively being marketed that, I bought the parking sensor instead (beleive me the parking sensor has actually saved my car a couple of occasion from hitiing low obstacles while backing up and once I did not pay heed thinking it was false alarm - it also helps notifying if a dog or a child comes in the way while backing up)
In WagonR, i dont have that much of a problem backing up. Am happy with the mirrors. So dont mind taking off the reverse beep (Before anyone pounces on me, this comes with Autocop as said in my previous post) if i could.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:42   #104
BHPian

I am sure a lot of things mentioned here are really irritating, However some of us might actualy have these on our cars,

One question?? Would you remove that item from your car just because others think it is irritating???

To start with, I have an alto and it has a spoiler, I am not removing it -
Knight Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2007, 11:31   #105
Senior - BHPian

Just pull the wire out of the beeper..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Good one

Actually the previous owner had it on and the guy at the accessories store was not sure how to disarm it. he said he needed about 30 mins min.. and I did not have the time that day.

so if you guys who come for the drive this weekend hear it go "Keeek Keeeek Keeek Keeeek Keeek Keeeek Keeek Keeeek " I apologize

Most Viewed